Banco de Oro credit cards are customer friendly and thoughtfully priced. They offer credit cards in collaboration with Visa, MasterCard, JCB, American Express, and UnionPay. They also offer various credit card promotions. You get a cash advance and can also transfer credit card balance from other credit cards. Some credit cards offered by BDO do not charge any annual fees.
Features and Benefits of BDO Credit Cards
Following are the various features and benefits of BDO credit cards:
- You get basic, premium, and elite credit cards. These credit cards cater to the different needs of the customers.
- Credit cards are offered in collaboration with Visa, MasterCard, JCB, American Express, and UnionPay.
- The interest rates range from 2.5% to 3.5%.
- You get special perks, offers, and discounts when you use your credit cards.
- The application process is simple.
- The terms and conditions are relaxed.
- Customer support is just a phone call or an email away.
- You can withdraw cash from the credit card by going to the nearest ATM.
BDO credit card partners have extensive security systems in place to ensure that your online transaction is safe. There are ways to detect misuse of the credit cards as well. Your credit cards have PIN security. You will get a one-time-PIN which will be sent to your mobile number when you are making an online purchase.
Eligibility Criteria to Avail BDO Credit Card
In order to avail a BDO credit card, you will have to meet the following requirements:
- The primary cardholder must be between the ages of 21 and 70 years.
- Supplementary cardholder must be at least 16 years of age.
- You must be a citizen of Philippines.
- You must have a regular status of employment.
- If you are self-employed, you must be running in profit for at least a year.
- The minimum income required is P180,000 per year.
- For Gold credit cards, the minimum income required is P420,000
- For American Express credit cards, the minimum income requirement is P480,000.
- The minimum income requirement for Titanium credit cards is P1,000,000
- The minimum income requirement for Platinum credit cards is P1,200,000.
- The minimum income requirement for American Express Platinum credit cards is P1,800,000.
- You must have a landline phone.
Documents Requirements to Apply BDO Credit Card
You will have to submit the following documents as proof of identification along with your application form to avail a principal or a supplementary card:
Filipinos should submit one of the following:
- Company ID
- Driver’s license
- TIN card
- SSS ID
- GSIS ID
- PRC ID
- PhilHealth Card
- Voter’s ID
- Applicants who are studying should submit a valid school ID
Foreigners should submit one of the following:
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Valid Passport
- Valid Visa and work permit
You will have to submit the following as proof of income:
- Photocopy of the latest ITR.
- Latest full month’s payslip.
- Original certificate of employment.
- If you have an existing credit card, copy of last 2 months credit card statement.
- If you do not have a credit card, you must submit your latest post-paid mobile phone statement.
- Photocopy of the latest ITR.
- Photocopy of registration of Business.
Types of Credit Cards Offered by BDO
The following are the various types of credit cards offered by BDO:
Following are the various types of MasterCards offered by BDO:
- BDO ShopMore MasterCard: With this card, you earn points anywhere. You get up to 20% exclusive payday rebates. You get up to 10% rebate during the SM’s 3-day sale. You can tap the card for making payments at the contactless terminals.
- BDO Standard MasterCard: With this card, you earn one point for every P50 charged. The card is accepted worldwide. The membership fee for the first year is free.
- Forever21 MasterCard: With this card, you get 21% rebate on the 21st of every month. You get 21x credit card points during the Forever 21 sale on a minimum spend of P2,000. You get 21% discount on your birthday month. You get 3 points for every P200 spent on the card at Forever21. If you have this card, you will get priority access to the sale events and special payment and dressing room lanes.
- Bench MasterCard: You get an exclusive discount when you shop every Monday at any Bench brand. You also get birth month discount, and exclusive online discount. You will get a year round free gifts for a minimum spend. You earn 2 points for every P200 spent at Bench.1 supplementary card is free for life.
- Instalment card: You get financial flexibility with this card. You can access up to 100% of the credit limit in cash. If you opt for the revolving credit line feature, your monthly payments will restore your credit line. The monthly EIR is 2%.
- Gold MasterCard: This credit card offers dual currency billing option. You also get up to P5 million travel accident and inconvenience insurance. You earn 1 point for every P50 charged to your credit card.
- Titanium MasterCard: This credit card offers dual currency billing option. You also get up to P20 million travel accident and inconvenience insurance. You get 50% off on dining programs. You can enjoy the Cross Border Treats on your international travels.
- Platinum MasterCard: This credit card offers dual currency billing option. You also get up to P20 million travel accident and inconvenience insurance. You get rewards for travel and 50% off on dining programs. You can enjoy the Cross Border Treats on your international travels.
Following are the various types of Visa credit cards offered by BDO:
- BDO Visa Classic: You earn 1 credit card point for every P50 spent. You get a free membership for the first year for both principal and supplementary cardholder. You can avail the various EasyPAY instalment programs.
- Visa Gold: You get 2x credit card points on all entertainment and dining spend. You also get entertainment, dining, and travel privileges. You also get up to P5 million travel accident and inconvenience insurance.
- Visa Platinum: This card offers up to P20 million travel accident and inconvenience insurance. You get free priority pass membership. The annual membership is waived for the first year. You will also get Visa access benefits.
Following are the various types of American Express credit cards offered by BDO:
- Blue from American Express: With this card, you get exclusive discounts and privileges. You get purchase protection up to P50,000 per occurrence. You will get exclusive benefits from Blue Privileges.
- American Express credit card: This card offers you exclusive discounts and privileges at over 10,000 partner boutiques, restaurants, spas, etc. You will be a part of award-winning Membership Rewards Program. You also get global travel assistance for legal and medical emergencies.
- American Express Gold credit card: You will be a part of award-winning Membership Rewards Program. You will get exclusive discounts and privileges with American Express Selects. You get protection for up to P10 million when you purchase your travel ticket with your card.
- American Express Cashback credit card: With this card, you can earn up to 2% cashback every day. You get complimentary travel and inconvenience insurance protection for up to P10 million. You get purchase protection for up to P50,000 per occurrence.
- American Express Platinum credit card: With this card, you get shopping and travel privileges. You also get complimentary lounge access. You get up to P20 million comprehensive travel accident and inconvenience insurance.
- Cathay Pacific American Express credit card: You will get exclusive Asia Miles discounts and complimentary membership to The Marco Polo Club. The first year card fee is waived. You get up to P10 million comprehensive travel accident and inconvenience insurance.
- Cathay Pacific American Express Elite credit card: You will get elite card benefits and shopping benefits. You will get exclusive Asia Miles discounts and complimentary membership to The Marco Polo Club. You get up to P15 million comprehensive travel accident and inconvenience insurance.
- American Express Green card: With this card, you can earn membership rewards points which don’t expire. You will also get Ready Global Assist and Travel Service Offices. You get up to P200,000 comprehensive travel accident and inconvenience insurance
- American Express Gold card: With this card, you get to be a part of the Membership Rewards Program. You will get exclusive discount and privileges. You will get up to P10 million protection when you purchase the travel ticket with this card.
Following are the various types of JCB credit cards offered by BDO:
- BDO JCB Lucky Cat: With this card, you can earn credit card points for every P50 spent. You get a free membership for the first year. You also get free access to JCB Plaza Lounges.
- JCB Gold: This card is free for the first year for the principal cardholder and it is free for life for supplementary cardholders. You get up to P5 million comprehensive travel accident and inconvenience insurance. You also get free access to JCB Plaza Lounges.
Following are the various types of UnionPay credit cards offered by BDO:
- UnionPay Gold: With this card, you get dual currency billing feature. You get up to P5 million comprehensive travel accident and inconvenience insurance. You can also reimburse the medical expenses up to P5,000 when you charge your travel expenses to this card.
- UnionPay Diamond: With this card, you can enjoy the complimentary airport lounge access at Club Manila. You will also get a higher credit card limit. For international transactions, you will earn 1 reward point for every USD1 spent on the card.
You can avail a supplementary credit card from BDO. You can extend the principal credit card benefits to your loved ones. The application process is easy and hassle-free. You will have to fill out the application form and the BDO representative will get in touch with you within 3 working days.
Insurance on BDO Credit Card
You get up to P20 million comprehensive travel accident and inconvenience insurance when you purchase the travel tickets with your BDO credit card.
If you have a BDO credit card, you can earn rewards for the following:
- Health and wellness
When you use your BDO credit card, you get rewarded with free SM shopping points. The more points you earn, you reach the higher membership level. You are offered with 3 membership levels. The various membership levels offered for BDO credit card rewards are as follows:
- Emerald: You earn up to 2,499 points within the card’s 2-year tier evaluation period.
- Sapphire: You earn from 2,500 to 9,999 points within the card’s 2-year tier evaluation period.
- Diamond: You earn 10,000 points or more within the card’s 2-year tier evaluation period.
The evaluation period is the card’s validity period. Each point earned equals to P1. You earn BDO Rewards Points for the qualified bank transactions.
BDO Credit Card Promo
Following are the various promotions that you can avail with your BDO credit card:
- When you spend P3,000 anywhere, you will get P100 Bench from Toy kingdom or an SM Appliance Gift certificate.
- You get P200 cash rebate and a chance to win 1 year worth of utility bills free when you enroll for BDO Auto Charge.
- You get 20% off on Jack Nicklaus items till 31st December, 2016.
- You get 50% off on lunch and dinner at Xin Tian Di with your BDO credit card.
- You get 50% off on buffet at Café 1228 with your BDO Elite and Gold MasterCard till 31st December, 2016.
- You get 50% off on the room at Belmont on the best available rate from P3,360 with your BDO MasterCard. This offer is valid until 31st December, 2016.
- You get up to 15% off on Cordlife cord blood banking plans at 0% instalment. This promotion is valid until 31st December, 2016.
- You get 20% off on the total bill when you use BDO JCB credit card. This promotion is valid until 31st December, 2016.
- You can enjoy 3% fuel rebate at Petron when you gas up with your BDO credit card. This promotion is valid until 31st December, 2016.
- You can book an event on 0% instalment with your BDO or American Express credit card. This promotion is valid until 31st December, 2016.
- You can enjoy plan your travel and buy packages and airline tickets on 0% instalments.
- You can enjoy up to 12% off at Galleon.ph. This promotion is valid until 30th June, 2017.
- When you use your BDO MasterCard at Worldhotels, you will get 15% off on the best available rate. This promotion is valid until 31st December, 2016.
Check Out More BDO Credit Card Promo
BDO Balance Transfer
This is the most unique feature where you can transfer the outstanding balance from other cards and also from the cards of your family members. Using the balance transfer option, you can clear out the debt over a definite period of time and save money as the interest charges are low. To enable the transfer, your account must be at least 6 months old.
Read More about BDO Balance Transfer
Fees and Charges
Following are the applicable fees and charges:
|Monthly membership fee – Principal cardholder||
ShopMore MasterCard – P75 per month
Standard MasterCard - P125 per month
Forever 21 MasterCard – P200 per month
Bench MasterCard – P200 per month
Instalment card – P1,000 per year
Gold MasterCard – P2,400 per year
Titanium MasterCard – P3,500 per year
Platinum MasterCard – P4,500 per year
Blue from American Express – P135 per year
American Express credit card – P1,600 per year
American Express Gold credit card - P2,400 per year
American Express Cashback credit card – P3,000 per year
American Express Platinum credit card – P5,000 per year
Cathay Pacific American Express credit card – P4,000 per year
Cathay Pacific American Express Elite credit card – P4,000 per year
American Express Green card – P3,244 per year
American Express Gold card - P2,400 per year
JCB Lucky Cat – P125 per month
JCB Gold - P2,400 per year
UnionPay Gold - P2,400 per year
UnionPay Diamond – P3,000 per year
|Monthly membership fee – Supplementary cardholder||
ShopMore MasterCard – P50 per month
Standard MasterCard – P62.5 per month
Forever 21 MasterCard – P100 per month
Bench MasterCard – P100 per month
Gold MasterCard – P1,200 per year
Titanium MasterCard – P1,750 per year
Platinum MasterCard – Free for life
Blue from American Express – P70 per year
American Express credit card – P800 per year
American Express Gold credit card - P1,200 per year
American Express Cashback credit card – P1,500 per year
American Express Platinum credit card – P2,500 per year
Cathay Pacific American Express credit card – P2,000 per year
Cathay Pacific American Express Elite credit card – P2,000 per year
American Express Green card – P1,996 per year
American Express Gold card - P1,200 per year
JCB Lucky Cat - P62.5 per month
JCB Gold - P1,200 per year
UnionPay Gold - P1,200 per year
UnionPay Diamond – Waived
|Monthly EIR||2% - 3.50%|
|Cash advance fee||5% of the amount or P300, whichever is higher.|
|Late payment fee||5% of the overdue amount or P300, whichever is higher.|
|Sales Slip retrieval fee||
P250 for local transactions
P450 for international transactions
|Lost card replacement fee||P400 for each card|
|Foreign exchange conversion rate||1% + service fee|
|Returned cheque fee||P500 – P1,000|
|Instalment acceleration fee||5% of the remaining balance or P300, whichever is higher.|
How to Apply for a BDO Credit Card?
You can apply for a credit card by visiting the nearest BDO branch. You can also apply for BDO credit card online. You will have to fill out personal and employment information when applying for the card. You can apply for the supplementary card online. You can also look for the right card for you. You can visit the main BDO website and you can compare the credit cards and browse by the brand.
BDO Credit Card Hotline Number
You can reach BDO at +613 8000. The toll-free numbers are:
You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAQs about BDO Credit Card
- What are the rewards being offered by BDO credit cards?
- What is the interest rate being offered on the credit cards?
- What are the various platforms under which the credit cards are offered by BDO?
- What are the security features offered?
- How to Report a Lost or Stolen Card?
BDO credit cards offer rewards for dining, shopping, accommodation, travel, etc.
The interest rate offered ranges between 2.5% to 3.5%.
BDO offers credit cards under Visa, UnionPay, JCB, American Express, and MasterCard.
BDO offers a secure PIN to your credit cards and when you are making a purchase online, you will have to enter the one-time-pin when prompted. The OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
If you have lost your BDO credit card, you must immediately call the 24-hour customer care center and report that the card has been stolen or lost. You can also request for a card replacement at the time of reporting it lost or stolen.
- BDO Shopmore Mastercard
- BDO Standard Mastercard
- BDO Visa Classic
- BDO Forever 21 Mastercard
- BDO Bench Mastercard
- BDO Lausautogoup Mastercard
- BDO Blue From American Express
- BDO Jcb Lucky Cat
- BDO Gold Mastercard
- BDO Visa Gold
- BDO American Express Credit Card
- BDO American Express Gold Credit Card
- BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card
- BDO Jcb Gold
- BDO Unionpay Gold
- BDO Titanium Mastercard
- BDO Platinum Mastercard
- BDO Visa Platinum
- BDO American Express Platinum Credit Card
- BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Elite Credit Card
- BDO World Elite Mastercard
News About BDO Bank Credit Card
BDO Summer Getaway Promotions
Runtime: This is an ongoing promotional offer and it will continue till September 30, 2016.
Particulars: The credit cards that qualify for this particular promotional offer are JCB and Union Pay credit cards, BDO MasterCard, Visa and BDO issued AmEx cards. The cardholders can enjoy several privileges at the following places.
• Taal Vista Hotel
• Pico Sands Hotel
• Edsa Shangri-La
• Boracay Resort and Spa, Philippines
• Mactan Resort and Spa
• Park Inn
• The Bellevue Resort
• Infinity Resort
• Tugawe Cove Resort
• Beach Momo House
• The Funny Lion Inn
• Sta Monica Beach Club
• Bluewater Maribago
• Bluewater Sumilon
• Bluewater Panglao
• Marco Polo Ortigas
Terms and conditions
Please, contact the bank to know more about the terms and conditions of this particular promotional offer.
BDO Credit Card Travel Promotion
Promo Period: May 1, 2016 - October 31, 2016
Particulars: Enjoy a lucrative discount of 10 percent on all tour packages and other rates with your BDO credit card and you can opt for pay for the transactions through 6 month instalments at 0 percent interest rate. This offer can also be availed with BDO debit cards and American Express cards issued by BDO .
Terms and conditions
This promotion is available to all primary and supplementary BDO cardholders. The discounts cannot be converted to cash and the offer cannot be exchanged for other discounts or items. Please contact the bank for all applicable terms and conditions.
BDO UniBank Scouts for Partnerships and Acquisitions
Executives at BDO Unibank have expressed interest of the Philippines’ largest bank in acquisitions and lucrative partnership deals. BDO has already acquired many small banks as a part of their massive expansion plan which is intended to build its client and network base. In addition, the Sy-family owned bank has also forged tie-ups and partnerships both locally and abroad in an attempt to expand its product offering.
With the relaxation of rules on the entry of foreign banks into Philippines and the assumed Association of Southeast Asian Nations Economic Community, the banking system in the country is expected to see the entry of more foreign companies. BDO intends to remain a formidable domestic player in the banking industry and keep its market share high. In the initial nine months of the year, BDO reported an increase of over 5% in net income with P17.6 billion, compared to last year’s P16.7 billion, owing to the sustained growth in BDO’s core business. BDO Unibank now stands only P7.5 billion short of this year’s P25.1 billion earnings guidance.
12th February 2016
BDO Plans To Focus On ONB’s Current Strengths, Post-Acquisition
After taking over One Network Bank, Inc.(ONB), BDO Unibank Inc.(BDO) intends to continue its focus on ONB’s ongoing core business. Formed in 1997, ONB has 105 branches and micro-banking offices in the Mindanao and Panay areas. Earlier, BDO’s sources had expressed its interest in using ONB to expand its presence in the rapidly developing markets of Southern Philippines as well as to enter new market segments in the area. According to sources from ONB, the leading rural bank will not be dissolved and will resume operation as an independent company, following acquisition by BDO.
According to BDO, the unison of BDO’s financial capacity with the regional presence of ONB seemed to have created new growth opportunities. Owing to significant expansion of its core business unit, BDO reported a net income of P17.6 billion in the first nine months of the year, a hike of 5% from last year.
13th December 2015
The Leasing Arm of BDO Is Issuing STCPs Worth P25 Billion
BDO Leasing and Finance, Inc. the leasing & finance arm of BDO is planning to issue P25 billion STCPs(Short Term Commercial Papers) shortly. This exclusive arm of BDO that deals with multiple domains such as investment banking, insurance brokerage, stock brokerage etc. was assigned an issue rating of PRS2 by PhilRatings.
The rating is considered to be strong and was provided taking into consideration BDOLF’s sound relationship with its parent company and the pleasing outlook in the industry it serves it owing to a strong economic growth this year. The finance leasing industry is estimated to be worth around P70 billion and continues to grow at a rate of 13 percent per annum.
01st December 2015
Japanese financial firm and BDO sign deal
Japanese financial firm, FIDEA Holdings Co. and Sy-led BDO Unibank Inc. have signed a deal to assist business plans of Japanese customers. BDO said that the memorandum of understanding that was signed with the Japanese firm would ensure that assistance would be provided to clients of FIDEA who would want to invest in the Philippines.
FIDEA is a company that is jointly held between two of Japan’s significant regional banks - The Hokuto Bank and The Shonai Bank.
Both of these banks have tied up with BDO under the framework of JBIC which is the Japan Bank for International Cooperation so as to assist the banking needs of enterprises in Japan. According to BDO, the tie up with FIDEA Group ensures adequate coverage for BDO in northern Japan wherein a lot of primary industries dealing with fishing, agriculture, forestry are located. BDO would also provide Japanese customers with advisory services both financial and non-financial in nature along with other offers that would encourage them to choose the Philippines to invest in.
BDO also has a Japan desk that is completely staffed and is dedicated to supporting Japanese companies that operate within the Philippines and also customers with retail related needs.
25th November 2015
BDO’s Leasing Arm Reports Rise in Profit
Owing to a sustained growth in its lease and loan portfolio, BDO Leasing and Finance, Inc. reported a spike in the net income as reported to the Philippines Stock Exchange on October 27, 2015. This listed subsidiary of BDO Unibank raked a net income of P387 million during the first three quarters of this calendar year, up by 9 million year on year.
During this period, the loan and lease portfolio was up by 14% to P26.4 billion that directly impacted its revenue growth of 12 percent increase to P1.9 billion during 9 months of operations. It must be noted that the company had witnessed good sales in 2014 with a spike of 20 percent in its net income. BDO Leasing will continue to focus on its direct marketing approach to tap business opportunities in key towns and provinces. As a leading company in its domain, BDO Leasing extends a range of services such as direct leases, real estate leases & receivables factoring.
Philippines’ largest bank, BDO Unibank has commenced first GCC branch
Philippines’ largest bank, BDO Unibank, headquartered in Manila, has successfully set up Philippine’s first bank in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC). The office will be functioning in UAE’s Dubai International Financial Center which is one of the biggest financial centers in the Middle East. This hub is also a financial free zone.
According to Nestor Tan, president and CEO of BDO Unibank, the reason for this establishment of the bank in the Middle East is because of the increasing number of Filipino expats. The Filipino expat community is one of the largest expat communities in the GCC; estimated to be around 700,000 in number in the UAE. In Saudi Arabia there is estimated to be more than 1.2 mn and in Qatar, 200,000. A substantial amount of their income flow back into Philippines.
30th September 2015
AsiaPay Philippines Enters into An Agreement With BDO
The increased penetration of e commerce into the lives of Filipino consumers has seen a steady surge in online transactions over the last couple of years. Cashing on this new trend, AsiaPay has entered into a strategic agreement with BDO Bank to offer payment facilitation services to merchants operating in the online space.
The agreement paves way for creation of PesoPay, a payment aggregation system where card payments will be processed on behalf of the merchants, helping them manage online credit card payments with little hassles. This payment model offers start ups and small enterprises a reason not to worry about regulatory compliance’s and squabbles of integrating a payment system into their portals. The payment aggregator model is widely prevalent in countries with massive e commerce presence.
13th August 2015
New Cashback Credit Card Launched By American Express and BDO in Philippines
American Express and BDO have officially announced the launch of a new credit card in Philippines, the American Express Cashback Credit Card. The card comes with simple features that offer the card holders a lot of benefits including cash rebates. The cash rebates can be enjoyed by the cardholders for both overseas and local transactions.
The Consumer Lending Group Marketing Head and Senior Vice President of BDO, Ma. Nannette R. Regala, stated that they launched this card because they believe that saving money on expenses is one of priorities of people in the country and so they wanted to provide a credit card that comes with cash rebates.
14th July 2015