BDO Credit Cards
When it comes to a refined credit card experience, BDO Credit Cards are in a league of their own. Fully loaded, immensely customer friendly and thoughtfully priced, credit cards from Banco de Oro (BDO) are much sought after in the Philippines. The product range includes offerings created in collaboration with MasterCard, Visa, American Express, JCB and UnionPay, that is tuned to offer the best credit card experience possible. The application process is simple, the turnaround time fast and the customer support is robust and cited for its availability and efficiency. Credit cards from BDO reflect the commitment and quality promised by Banco de Oro, a bank that rose from humble roots and now stands as one of the biggest financial organizations in the Philippines. Today, Banco de Oro (BDO) is the biggest bank in the Philippines in terms of deposits and loans.
Salient Features of BDO Credit Cards
The following features and benefits are the primary reasons for the enduring popularity of credit cards from BDO Bank,
- Credit cards offered on various platforms- MasterCard, Visa, American Express, JCB and UnionPay, thus offering people with discerning tastes a BDO Credit Card of their own.
- A further categorization is Basic, Premium and Elite. This simplifies card selection for an eager customer- choose a card that best serves his/her express requirements and limitations.
- With interest rates ranging from 2.50% to 3.50% for the various cards on offer, BDO Credit Cards are a cost-conscious individual’s ideal choice.
- Perks include reward points, cashback offers and substantial discounts.
- Simple application process, limited documentation, quick turnaround time and relaxed terms and conditions are the hallmark of the customer centric credit card offerings from BDO Bank.
- Have a query or concern with regards to the workings of your credit card? Robust customer support is just a phone call or email away.
BDO Credit Card Promo
Travel Now Pay Later Promo
- Promo Period – This is an ongoing promo that is valid until December 31, 2016.
- Participating Cards – All BDO issued Credit Cards and American Express Cards.
- Particulars – Avail offers including deals on tour packages, Absolutely Zero Percent Instalment and billing holiday using your BDO card.
- Great deals on Domestic and International Airline and Tour Packages.
- Up to 6 months of ‘Absolutely 0% Instalment’ for tickets.
- Get 1 month billing holiday on your BDO credit card.
- In order to finalize your booking, you must completely fill and sign the Booking Agreement Form and submit it to the Travel Agency without which your request will not be processed.
- Tour vouchers/airline tickets will be sent through fax/email after 3 – 4 business days after finalizing and settling the transaction amount.
Fine Print (Terms & Conditions):
- Full packages require at least 2 passengers traveling together.
- For items that do not fall under the 0% Instalment plan, regular monthly add on dates will be applicable.
- Promo rates are not applicable during peak seasons and special holidays considered as “super peak”. On such dates, fare adjustments will be applicable.
- No changes will be made 48 hours before departure.
- For more information on this promo or details on the terms & conditions, contact BDO bank.
|Explore More BDO Credit Card Promos|
In order to procure this card, customers must meet the following requirements -
- If customers are primary card holders, then they must be between the ages of 21 to 70 years.
- Supplementary cardholders must be at least 16 years old.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the Philippines and must be residing within the country for the past two years.
- Customers must also have a regular status of employment.
- Self employed customers must have a registered business that has been operating in profit for at least a year.
- The minimum income required for customers is P180,000 per year.
- Customers must possess at least one landline phone.
- Customer’s residence must be in an area where a branch of BDO is present.
The documents required to avail credit cards from BDO are -
- Application form that has been completely filled out.
- Customers who are employed need to submit -
- ID issued by the government
- Most recent photocopy of the 2316
- Certificate of Employment
- Most recent payslip
- Applicants who are self employed need to submit -
- ID issued by the government
- A photocopy of the Registration of the Name of the Business
- A photocopy of the most recent W4 with Bank/BIR Stamp and ITR
- Audited Financial Statements for the previous two years OR previous three month’s Bank Statements.
The BDO Credit Cards Application Process- The byword is EASY. Applying for any credit card from the well-stocked BDO Credit Card stable, be it by offline means or online options, is simple and immensely interactive. The very limited documentation focuses on establishing your nationality, address, identity, employment and income. BDO’s legendary customer support initiative is always a crucial factor, ensuring that you are always in the loop and properly informed about everything concerning your hardworking credit card. When banking with BDO, information and satisfaction is always assured.
BDO Credit Card Rewards
Points accumulated on your credit card can be redeemed for exciting discounts and freebies. This action can be performed on the BDO Bank online portal. The redemption process in itself is very simple, a call to 631-8000 or 1-800-10-631-8000, faxing of the completed points redemption form to 702-6881/ 702-6882 or mailing the said form to this address- BDO Service Fulfillment Unit, 5th floor JMT Corporate Condominium, 27 ADB Ave., Ortigas Center, Pasig City, should do the trick. There is an exciting listing of offers, products, gift certificates, etc. available on the portal for your kind inspection. Check them all out, today.
BDO Credit Card Hotline
Have a query or concern with regards to your BDO credit card? You can always reach the bank’s expert customer support team through the following mediums,
Landline: (+632) 631-8000
Domestic Toll-Free No: 1-800-10-631-8000
International Toll-Free No: (Access Code) +800-8-6318000
More read on BDO Credit Card
What is the difference between BDO credit card and BDO cash card
Find out all you need to know about BDO’s Credit and Cash Cards. A BDO Cash Card is more of an electronic debit card which is prepaid and reloadable. With a BDO Cash Card, you receive the convenience of an ATM Card, and do not have to open a deposit account for the same.
New Bench MasterCard – BDO Credit Card Promo
Receive free welcome gifts and goodies with your New Bench MasterCard. On spending Php 5,000 anywhere with your New Bench MasterCard, you will receive a Shopping Privilege of Php 1000 in any Bench/Partner Global Brand. What’s more?
Best credit cards for starters in 2016
If you are new to the world of credit cards and looking forward to explore various options, benefits and features related to it than find a perfect card for you by checking out the “Best credit cards for startes in Philippines”.
How to Get Easy Approval of Credit Card
Once you do decide to get a credit card for yourself, it can be quite a tiring experience if you do not keep tsome of the points in mind before and after applying for it.
Tips For Choosing The Best BDO Credit Card
Banco de Oro or BDO was established in 1968, and is currently one of the foremost banks of Philippines offering a wide range of services and banking products. It is the largest bank within the Philippines in terms of loans, assets and deposits and is owned by the SM Group of Companies
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the minimum age requirement for principal credit card holders in order to avail credit cards from BDO?
- What is the minimum income required for existing credit card holders?
- What is the minimum age requirement for supplementary credit card holders in order to avail credit cards from BDO?
- What is the maximum age within which customers can procure credit cards from BDO?
- What is the rate of interest applicable on credit cards from BDO?
Primary card applicants need to be at least 21 years old to be eligible to avail credit cards from BDO.
Potential customers need to have a minimum income of P180,000 per year.
Supplementary card applicants need to be at least 16 years old to be eligible to avail credit cards from BDO
Customers can procure credit cards from BDO until the age of 70.
Interest rates vary based on the particular credit card that customers wish to avail. The rates of interest are generally between 2.5 percent to 3.5 percent.
Other Products from BDO
News About BDO Bank Credit Card
BDO Summer Getaway Promotions
Runtime: This is an ongoing promotional offer and it will continue till September 30, 2016.
Particulars: The credit cards that qualify for this particular promotional offer are JCB and Union Pay credit cards, BDO MasterCard, Visa and BDO issued AmEx cards. The cardholders can enjoy several privileges at the following places.
• Taal Vista Hotel
• Pico Sands Hotel
• Edsa Shangri-La
• Boracay Resort and Spa, Philippines
• Mactan Resort and Spa
• Park Inn
• The Bellevue Resort
• Infinity Resort
• Tugawe Cove Resort
• Beach Momo House
• The Funny Lion Inn
• Sta Monica Beach Club
• Bluewater Maribago
• Bluewater Sumilon
• Bluewater Panglao
• Marco Polo Ortigas
Terms and conditions
Please, contact the bank to know more about the terms and conditions of this particular promotional offer.
BDO Credit Card Travel Promotion
Promo Period: May 1, 2016 - October 31, 2016
Particulars: Enjoy a lucrative discount of 10 percent on all tour packages and other rates with your BDO credit card and you can opt for pay for the transactions through 6 month instalments at 0 percent interest rate. This offer can also be availed with BDO debit cards and American Express cards issued by BDO .
Terms and conditions
This promotion is available to all primary and supplementary BDO cardholders. The discounts cannot be converted to cash and the offer cannot be exchanged for other discounts or items. Please contact the bank for all applicable terms and conditions.
BDO UniBank Scouts for Partnerships and Acquisitions
Executives at BDO Unibank have expressed interest of the Philippines’ largest bank in acquisitions and lucrative partnership deals. BDO has already acquired many small banks as a part of their massive expansion plan which is intended to build its client and network base. In addition, the Sy-family owned bank has also forged tie-ups and partnerships both locally and abroad in an attempt to expand its product offering.
With the relaxation of rules on the entry of foreign banks into Philippines and the assumed Association of Southeast Asian Nations Economic Community, the banking system in the country is expected to see the entry of more foreign companies. BDO intends to remain a formidable domestic player in the banking industry and keep its market share high. In the initial nine months of the year, BDO reported an increase of over 5% in net income with P17.6 billion, compared to last year’s P16.7 billion, owing to the sustained growth in BDO’s core business. BDO Unibank now stands only P7.5 billion short of this year’s P25.1 billion earnings guidance.
12th February 2016
BDO Plans To Focus On ONB’s Current Strengths, Post-Acquisition
After taking over One Network Bank, Inc.(ONB), BDO Unibank Inc.(BDO) intends to continue its focus on ONB’s ongoing core business. Formed in 1997, ONB has 105 branches and micro-banking offices in the Mindanao and Panay areas. Earlier, BDO’s sources had expressed its interest in using ONB to expand its presence in the rapidly developing markets of Southern Philippines as well as to enter new market segments in the area. According to sources from ONB, the leading rural bank will not be dissolved and will resume operation as an independent company, following acquisition by BDO.
According to BDO, the unison of BDO’s financial capacity with the regional presence of ONB seemed to have created new growth opportunities. Owing to significant expansion of its core business unit, BDO reported a net income of P17.6 billion in the first nine months of the year, a hike of 5% from last year.
13th December 2015
The Leasing Arm of BDO Is Issuing STCPs Worth P25 Billion
BDO Leasing and Finance, Inc. the leasing & finance arm of BDO is planning to issue P25 billion STCPs(Short Term Commercial Papers) shortly. This exclusive arm of BDO that deals with multiple domains such as investment banking, insurance brokerage, stock brokerage etc. was assigned an issue rating of PRS2 by PhilRatings.
The rating is considered to be strong and was provided taking into consideration BDOLF’s sound relationship with its parent company and the pleasing outlook in the industry it serves it owing to a strong economic growth this year. The finance leasing industry is estimated to be worth around P70 billion and continues to grow at a rate of 13 percent per annum.
01st December 2015
Japanese financial firm and BDO sign deal
Japanese financial firm, FIDEA Holdings Co. and Sy-led BDO Unibank Inc. have signed a deal to assist business plans of Japanese customers. BDO said that the memorandum of understanding that was signed with the Japanese firm would ensure that assistance would be provided to clients of FIDEA who would want to invest in the Philippines.
FIDEA is a company that is jointly held between two of Japan’s significant regional banks - The Hokuto Bank and The Shonai Bank.
Both of these banks have tied up with BDO under the framework of JBIC which is the Japan Bank for International Cooperation so as to assist the banking needs of enterprises in Japan. According to BDO, the tie up with FIDEA Group ensures adequate coverage for BDO in northern Japan wherein a lot of primary industries dealing with fishing, agriculture, forestry are located. BDO would also provide Japanese customers with advisory services both financial and non-financial in nature along with other offers that would encourage them to choose the Philippines to invest in.
BDO also has a Japan desk that is completely staffed and is dedicated to supporting Japanese companies that operate within the Philippines and also customers with retail related needs.
25th November 2015
BDO’s Leasing Arm Reports Rise in Profit
Owing to a sustained growth in its lease and loan portfolio, BDO Leasing and Finance, Inc. reported a spike in the net income as reported to the Philippines Stock Exchange on October 27, 2015. This listed subsidiary of BDO Unibank raked a net income of P387 million during the first three quarters of this calendar year, up by 9 million year on year.
During this period, the loan and lease portfolio was up by 14% to P26.4 billion that directly impacted its revenue growth of 12 percent increase to P1.9 billion during 9 months of operations. It must be noted that the company had witnessed good sales in 2014 with a spike of 20 percent in its net income. BDO Leasing will continue to focus on its direct marketing approach to tap business opportunities in key towns and provinces. As a leading company in its domain, BDO Leasing extends a range of services such as direct leases, real estate leases & receivables factoring.
Philippines’ largest bank, BDO Unibank has commenced first GCC branch
Philippines’ largest bank, BDO Unibank, headquartered in Manila, has successfully set up Philippine’s first bank in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC). The office will be functioning in UAE’s Dubai International Financial Center which is one of the biggest financial centers in the Middle East. This hub is also a financial free zone.
According to Nestor Tan, president and CEO of BDO Unibank, the reason for this establishment of the bank in the Middle East is because of the increasing number of Filipino expats. The Filipino expat community is one of the largest expat communities in the GCC; estimated to be around 700,000 in number in the UAE. In Saudi Arabia there is estimated to be more than 1.2 mn and in Qatar, 200,000. A substantial amount of their income flow back into Philippines.
30th September 2015
AsiaPay Philippines Enters into An Agreement With BDO
The increased penetration of e commerce into the lives of Filipino consumers has seen a steady surge in online transactions over the last couple of years. Cashing on this new trend, AsiaPay has entered into a strategic agreement with BDO Bank to offer payment facilitation services to merchants operating in the online space.
The agreement paves way for creation of PesoPay, a payment aggregation system where card payments will be processed on behalf of the merchants, helping them manage online credit card payments with little hassles. This payment model offers start ups and small enterprises a reason not to worry about regulatory compliance’s and squabbles of integrating a payment system into their portals. The payment aggregator model is widely prevalent in countries with massive e commerce presence.
13th August 2015
New Cashback Credit Card Launched By American Express and BDO in Philippines
American Express and BDO have officially announced the launch of a new credit card in Philippines, the American Express Cashback Credit Card. The card comes with simple features that offer the card holders a lot of benefits including cash rebates. The cash rebates can be enjoyed by the cardholders for both overseas and local transactions.
The Consumer Lending Group Marketing Head and Senior Vice President of BDO, Ma. Nannette R. Regala, stated that they launched this card because they believe that saving money on expenses is one of priorities of people in the country and so they wanted to provide a credit card that comes with cash rebates.
14th July 2015