Overview of Standard Car Insurance in Philippines
Standard Insurance is a leading insurance company in the Philippines market of motorcar and general fire insurance. The company sprouted wings in 1958, and has since grown to 42 branches nationwide and employs 800 talented people. They service individuals, small/medium enterprises, as well as local and global corporations.
Standard Car Insurance has one of the most comprehensive auto plans in the Philippines market so the next time you take your car for a spin you will be worry-free.
Standard Car Insurance Coverages
- Compulsory Third Party Liability (CTPL): The law requires this protection and involves protection against all damage caused by the insured car. This may include all bodily injury to the third party as well death cause by the accident. The law requires a maximum coverage of Php100,000 per vehicle
- Excess Bodily Injury (EBI) /Voluntary Third Party Liability (VTPL): This coverage is meant to cover any excess claims, beyond the CTPL’s limits.
- Third Party Property Damage (TPPD) – This is what protects you from the liability of damage to the third party’s property which is caused by the insured vehicle.
- Own Damage (OD) – This insurance cover will protect you from the cost of damage to your own property occurring from incidences life malicious acts of third party, accidental collision, overturning, fire, falling etc.
- Theft – Any theft comes under this coverage including theft of the whole vehicle or parts of it.
- Free Personal Accident Insurance Rider (PA Rider) This coverage will financially protect everyone in the insured car (including the driver) at the time of the accident against bodily injury/death. This add-on coverage costs Php 50,000 per passenger (including the driver). It may be upgraded to Php 100,000 per passenger but this is subject to additional premium.
- Free Personal Accident Insurance for the Named Insured –This coverage protects one from accidental death no matter when or where in the world you might be. You do not need to fill up an application form. You must be more than 18 years old and less than 65 years old.
- Roadside Assistance Program (RAP) – In case of accidents/mechanical breakdowns, this value-added service gives a comprehensive cover providing towing and other services.
Optional Coverages (requires additional premium)
- Acts of Nature Coverage – This coverage is to protect the insured vehicle against damages caused by acts of nature such as flood, earthquake, typhoon, lightning, fire, volcanic eruption etc.
- Loss of Use Cover – When your vehicle is at the garage under repair, this cover refinances you for costs of alternate transport, for a maximum of 15 days. youu will be eligible to get up to P500 per day for this period.
FAQ for Standard Car Insurance
- How can I get in touch with Standard for more information?
For more information you can call the Customer Service at (02) 845-1111 or you could get in touch via email at email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You could also visit any of the branches around Philippines. Please check out the official website for the addresses.
News About Standard Car Insurance
Standard Insurance Elects Patricia E. Chilip As chairperson
Standard Insurance Co. Inc., the leading car insurer in Philippines, elected Patricia E. Chilip as its chairperson. This decision was taken by the board of directors of Standard Insurance, who also elected Ms. Chilip’s brother, John Echauz, as the CEO and president of the company. Mr. Echauz joined the company in 2009 and earlier he was the head of the technical and claims division, and the executive vice president of the company. During his tenure at Standard Insurance, Mr. Echauz focussed on innovations and played a very important role in the success of the business process outsourcing (BPO) wing of the company.
05th May 2016