Overview of BDO American Express Gold Credit Card
The BDO American Express Gold Credit Card offers exclusive lifestyle benefits and a wide range of privileges just for its members. You can use your Membership Reward (MR) points to redeem air miles, loyalty points at partner hotels or premium gift items. Enjoy amazing perks at more than 10,000 partner boutiques, spas, wellness centres, and the finest restaurants in over 75 countries across the world.
BDO American Express Gold Credit Card Promotions
Listed below are some exciting 2017 promotional deals for purchases made using your BDO American Express Gold Credit Card:
- Get up to 50% off at Diamond Hotel's Corniche Restaurant and Bar 27 for food and drink purchases made using your BDO American Express Gold Credit Card. This promotional deal is valid from January 2nd to June 30th, 2017.
- Earn 5X Membership Reward points on every P45 travel spend using your BDO American Express Gold Credit Card. This promotional deal is valid from January 13th to April 30th, 2017.
Features and Benefits
Listed below are the features and benefits of BDO American Express Gold Credit Card:
- Worldwide travel assistance offered for medical and legal emergencies.
- The annual fee is waived for the previous year for a minimum spend of P2,00,000.
- Express Pay Instalment program allows you to purchase items on instalment from more than 10,000 partner stores across the Philippines. Choose a monthly instalment plan that suits you for a minimum single purchase or accumulated purchase of P3,000.
- Balance Transfer offers competitive interest rates.
- With Express Pay Cash, pay school fees or reimburse cash purchases of minimum P5,000.
- With Express Pay Convert, for purchases of minimum P3,000, convert anything into instalment using your BDO American Express Gold Credit Card.
- Enjoy exclusive online deals and offers at partner outlets on shopping, dining, travel, and entertainment purchases.
- Make your bill payment using the Charge-on-Demand facility and Auto-Charge facility.
- 24-hour American Express customer service for your enquiries.
- Credit card payment can be made at any BDO branch counters via cash or cheque, internet banking, phone banking, and SM bills payment counters.
- American Express credit cards issued by the BDO Bank are accepted worldwide.
As a BDO American Express Gold credit cardholder, you are a part of the Membership Rewards programme. You can redeem your MR points by choosing from a wide array of premium gifts to the latest gadgets. You can accumulate hotel loyalty points, get vouchers for fine dining, shopping, and holiday travel purchases. Your MR points do not have an expiry date. You can visit the bank website to take a look at the Membership Rewards 2017 Catalogue and download the redemption form.
BDO American Express Gold credit cardholder can avail up to P10 million in travel inconvenience claim if the ticket is purchased using the BDO AMEX card. In addition, your purchases are insured from theft, loss or damage within 30 days with a purchase protection claim of up to P50,000 per occurrence. Insurance coverage is subjected to the terms and conditions of the Insurance Company of North America.
A supplementary cardholder has to be minimum 13 years of age. The primary cardholder is held liable for the credit usage and charges incurred on a supplementary card. The default credit limit on a supplementary card is P2,000 and it will increase by P1,000 in increments. If there is no credit limit set by the primary cardholder on a supplementary card, then by default the basic credit limit of a primary card is shared by the supplementary cardholder.
The Lost Card Protection (LCP) feature protects the cardholder from being held liable for any transactions resulting from fraudulent use of the stolen or lost credit card from the time of reporting the theft or loss to the BDO American Express customer service.
The applicants must meet certain eligibility criteria to apply for BDO American Express Gold Credit Card in the Philippines. The requirements are:
- Age: Primary cardholder must be 21 to 70 years old and supplementary cardholder should be minimum 13 years old.
- Income: The applicant must be a salaried or self-employed person with a minimum annual income of P8,50,000.
- Nationality: The applicant must be a Filipino citizen or a Philippines resident.
- Address proof: The applicant must have minimum one landline phone connection.
If you are an existing BDO credit cardholder, you must submit the following documents as your income, identity, and address proof:
- A copy of your credit card charge slip or the latest credit card statement.
- A copy of the front of your existing credit card.
- A copy of your ID (both sides). It can be driver's license, passport, Voter's ID, PRC ID, Police Clearance, NBI Clearance, Postal ID, GSIS e-Card, Barangay Certification, TIN ID, SSS Card, Immigrant Certificate of Registration, AFP ID or HDMF ID.
- If you are a salaried individual, you must submit a copy of your latest BIR Form 2316 signed by employer's authorized representative.
- If you are a self-employed person, you must submit a copy of the latest ITR and W4 with BIR stamp.
If you are not a BDO credit cardholder then you must submit the following documents as proof of your income:
- For a salaried individual:
- A copy of the latest BIR Form 2316 signed by your employer's authorized representative.
- The Certificate of Employment and Income (COEI) or the previous month’s payslip.
- For a self-employed individual:
- A copy of Registration of Business Name issued by DTI or SEC.
- A copy of your latest ITR and W4 with BIR or Bank Stamp.
- Audited Financial Statements for the last couple of years or bank statements for the last 3 months.
- For foreigners:
- A copy of your employment contract or Certificate of Employment.
- A copy of valid passport with resident visa or work permit visa.
Fees and Charges
Listed below are the various fees and charges applicable for BDO American Express Gold Credit Card:
|Annual fee||Primary card: P3,000 Supplementary card: P1,500|
|Cash advance fee||5% of the amount withdrawn or P500, whichever is higher|
|Late payment charge||7% of the overdue amount or P500, whichever is higher|
|Minimum amount due||3% of the outstanding due + overdue amount + over limit amount + 3% of the instalment amortization, or P200, whichever is higher|
|Sales slip retrieval fee||P300 per slip for local transactions and P500 per slip for international transactions|
|Card replacement fee||P400 per card|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.5% charge on the converted amount|
|Instalment processing fee||5% of the remaining balance or P300, whichever is higher|
How to apply for BDO American Express Gold Credit Card?
Visit the bank website to download the application form. Fill up the form and submit it with the necessary income, identity, and address proof documents to the nearest BDO Bank branch.
Lost or Stolen Card Liabilities
If the cardholder reports the theft or loss of his or her card, the bank will not hold him or her liable for any transactions made using the card from the time of reporting. The report has to be filed along with the police compliant. Prior to the receipt of such a report, the cardholder will be held liable for any purchases made using the lost or stolen card. A reasonable card replacement fee will be charged. For additional information, contact American Express customer service number at 81-417/631-8000 for calls within Metro Manila and 1-800-10-8141700 or 1-800-10-6318000 for domestic toll-free calls.
- BDO Diners Club International
- BDO Diners Club Premiere