Overview of BDO American Express Gold Credit Card
Banco de Oro (BDO) is a part of the SM Group, which is one of Philippine’s largest and leading conglomerates. BDO offers comprehensive banking services ranging from loans, remittances, deposit-taking, credit cards, brokering to corporate cash management. Owing to an organic growth and careful acquisitions, BDO has grown to be Philippines largest bank.
The BDO American Express Gold Credit Card is a privilege card with numerous lifestyle benefits which can be customized based on your need and usage.
Features and Benefits of BDO American Express Gold Credit Card
With a BDO American Express Gold Credit Card, you can avail a cover of up to P10.0 Million, every time you travel. Additionally, the purchases made with your American Express Gold card have an insurance cover of up to PhP 50,000 per incident, in case of loss, theft or damage within a span of 30 days from purchase.
If you make a spending of P200,000 using your American Express Gold credit card in the preceding year, BDO gives you a waiver on the annual membership fee of the card. Apart from this waiver, you can also collect points on your card with every purchase and later redeem them for hotel loyalty points, premium gifts or air miles. BDO has 6 partners who offer frequent flyer programs, which allow you to use your credit card points to redeem air miles.
If you are using a BDO American Express Gold credit card, there are travel service offices all over the globe to guide you while on your trip and answer all your queries related to travel.
Medical and Legal Emergencies – Global Travel
If you face an emergency overseas, you can contact Global Assist. Global Assist is a 24-hour service which can help you contact an English-speaking lawyer or doctor for emergencies, while travelling abroad.
With a BDO American Express Gold credit card, you can double the pleasure of shopping online. The American Express Gold facilitates a secure and lighter online shopping process.
Express Convert: Using this feature on your BDO credit card, you can make your online payment in monthly installments. All you have to do is call the Customer Contact Center of BDO and request for ‘Express Convert’. You can also avail Buy Now, Pay Later schemes on some websites for a year.
Exclusive Deals and Discounts: Using your BDO American Express Gold card at partner websites, you can avail great discounts, amazing deals and free gifts.
Store Shopping Delights
If you own a BDO American Express Gold credit card, BDO’s partner stores make your shopping experience delightful. Just swipe your card and enjoy the benefits of discounts, privileges and gifts and perks for free, with every shopping spree. You can earn additional instant treats on top of redeemable points, with every swipe of your card.
Payment Installment Programs
Express Pay Installment: BDO has over 10,000 partner stores in Philippines that allow BDO American Express Gold credit cardholders to benefit from the Express Pay installment program. You can now go on a shopping splurge without worrying and pay in installments later. You have the option of choosing the number of installments in which you would like pay off the total amount spent. The installment options are: 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 or 36 months. The minimum purchase amount is set a P3,000, however it may vary between partner merchants. The purchase amount can be for a single time expenditure or an accumulated amount.
The Express Pay has the following options to select from:
- Absolutely 0% interest
- Economical add-on interest rates (monthly)
- Apart from these options, you can also avail other installment terms such as Buy Now Pay Later.
- You can also enjoy attractive discounts and offers on special dates.
Other Express Pay Installment Options: There are additional express pay schemes that come with other benefits.
Balance Transfer/Express Transfer – You can utilize this scheme and transfer your balance from another credit card to your BDO card and make more savings. With one of the most economical and lowest interest rates, this option can help you save more.
Express Pay Cash or Tuition Assist – You can avail this scheme to pay tuition and school bills. At an affordable installment plan, you can even get a reimbursement worth a minimum of P5,000.
Express Pay Convert – As already explained above, this option allows you to convert your bill amount into installment by calling 631-8000 and paying later using BDO credit card.
Auto Charge: With the BDO American Express Gold credit card, you can forget having to stand in long queues to pay your bills. You can heave a sigh of relief with BDO’s Auto-charge that is an easy and quick way to pay the bills. You can link multiple utility bills to your BDO credit card and pay all the bills together on a single date, making it easier to remember.
Charge on Demand: When you are on a holiday, the last thing you would want to worry about is paying your bills. With Charge on demand, using your BDO American Express Gold card, you can charge your utility bills as per requirement.
There are more than one payment channels through which you can make your BDO credit card payment depending on whichever option suits you best.
BDO Branch Counters – You can make your BDO credit card payments at any branch counter of BDO in cash or check.
SM Bills Payment Counters – You can also clear your BDO credit card bills at SM Bills payment counters.
BDO eBanking – You can easily pay your BDO credit card bills online at the bank’s website at any time, from anywhere in the world.
BDO Phone Banking – Just call 631-8000 and get access to your BDO account. You can then make easy bill payments using your touch-tone phone.
However, both e Banking and Phone banking require you to register your BDO account to use the facility for payment.
The BDO American Express Gold Credit Card is accepted anywhere in the world where American Express holds recognition.
24/7 American Express Customer Service
You can call the American Express Customer Service anytime at 631-8000 for any concerns or service requirements.
- What is the eligibility criteria to get a BDO American Express Gold Credit Card?
To get an approval for a BDO American Express Gold, you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- You should be between 21 to 70 years of age.
- Your minimum income should be PhP850,000 per year.
- You must either be a resident of Philippines’ or a Filipino citizen.
- There should be at least one landline phone at your home.
If you already have a credit card, you would need a photocopy of the following documents:
- The most recent credit card statement or a credit card charge slip, which is not over 30 days old.
- Front side of the credit card you already own.
- Front and back side of a valid ID with a photo and signature. The ID should be issued and authorized by an official authority. Example: Voter’s ID, Driver’s License, Passport etc.
- If you are employed, a photocopy of your latest BIR Form 2316 from the company signed by an authorized representative.
- If you are self-employed, a photocopy of the most recent ITR and W4 with the BIR stamp.
If you do not have a credit card, you would need a photocopy of the following documents:
- Identification Proof: The same ID proofs as mentioned above for applicants with existing credit cards.
- Proof of Income:
- An original copy of the Certificate of Employment and Income(COEI) stating the length and status of the service and your pay package break-up.
- Your last payslip photocopy.
- A photocopy of your Business Name Registration: Issued by DTI in case of single proprietorship and by SEC in case of partnership/corporation.
- A photocopy of the most recent ITR and WR with BIR/Bank Stamp, along with previous 2 years’ audited financial statements or last 3 months’ bank statements.
Mandatory proof - Photocopy of the recent BIR Form 2316 with the signature of an authorized representative of the company and any one of the following:
Self-employed (Mandatory proof)
- Contract or certificate of employment.
- If an embassy official, a letter from the embassy is required.
- Photocopy of any one of the below:
- ACR or ICR or ACR-1
- Valid Passport along with the Resident VISA.
- Valid VISA and Work Permit.
- VISA with EO226 or VISA’s Philippine Economic Zone and Special Investor’s Resident VISA.