Overview of BDO Bench MasterCard
Credit cards have become a necessity in the everyday life of several people across the world and can be quite a blessing if used prudently. The most attractive feature of credit cards is that they offer a wide range of benefits by way of discounts, reward points, cashbacks and more. If you are a Filipino citizen and wish to apply for a credit card, the choices that you are presented with are numerous. Among the many banks in Philippines that offer credit cards to customers, Banco De Oro is one of them. The bank has some really impressive credit card offerings that make your social experiences much more exciting and eventful.
Banco De Oro is a popular bank in Philippines that has diverse credit card offerings. Each card is designed to meet specific consumer interests – while some cards offer periodic discounts on shopping and dining, others let you earn reward points and enjoy cashbacks on a wide range of purchases.
The BDO Bench MasterCard is one such card, enabling customers to enjoy reward points and discounts on purchases. Let us take a look at the card’s benefits, features, fee details and eligibility criteria.
BDO Bench MasterCard Promotional Offers
- Enjoy savings of up to 50% when you dine at Spectrum on on Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Sunday. The discounts are applicable to buffets (lunch and dinner) on weekdays and buffet dinners on Sundays.
- Enjoy exclusive discounts during your birthday month at Mariott Hotels in Manila.
- Get up to 50% discount at Crowne Plaza Manila and Xin Tian Di when you use your BDO Bench MasterCard.
- Enjoy 50% discount at Tony Roma’s and 40% at Champagne Room, Mabuhay Palace and Cafe Llang-Llang.
- Most dining offers are valid till 31 December, 2017.
- Convert your travel purchases into easy monthly payments when you use your BDo credit card to make reservations.
- As a BDO credit cardholder, you aren’t required to submit your financial documents when you enter Korea and you also get a Multiple-Entry Korean Visa with a validity of up to 5 years.
- Get 10% discount on ticket bookings at KLOOK.
- Enjoy a discount of 10% when you use your credit card to make bookings on Hotels.com and AsiaTravel.com.
- Most travel offers are valid until the end of September, 2017.
- Enjoy discounts of up to 12% at Island Rose, ZALORA, Agoda and KLOOK - offers valid until Mid 2017.
- Save up to 50% on your UBER rides when you use your BDO Bench MasterCard to make your bookings.
Features and Benefits of the BDO Bench MasterCard
Discounts with participating merchants:
- BDO Bench MasterCard credit card customers get discounts of up to 20% at participating brands including Charles & Keith, Cotton On, Mothercare, Karen Millen, La Senza, Pedro and Outfitters.
Discounts at Free State and Online Bench Partner merchants:
- Customers get a 10% discount when they use their card to make purchases at Free State and Online Bench Partner merchants. Customers also receive free gifts if they spend a certain minimum amount using their card at these online merchants.
Birthday Month Discounts:
- Customers earn discounts at participating stores during their birthday month if they use their BDO bench MasterCard to make purchases.
First year annual fee waiver
- The annual fee for the first year is waived off. The supplementary card does not carry a membership for as long as it is active – supplementary BDO Bench MasterCard credit cards are lifetime fee-waiver cards.
- Customers of the BDO Bench MasterCard can convert their online and offline purchases into easy monthly payments.
- More than 10,000 stores are covered under the Instalment program. Instalment payment periods can range from 3 months to 36 months, depending on the quantum of purchase made.
Charge on Demand and Auto Charge facilities
- With the Charge on Demand and Auto Charge facilities, customers can pay their bills without hassle by linking bill payments to their credit card. Bills will be made before payment due dates.
Balance transfer facility
- Customers can transfer existing credit card debt from different banks to BDO through BDO’s balance transfer facility and enjoy lower interest rates, interest free periods for low processing fees.
Cash withdrawals through the BDO credit card
- Customers can make cash withdrawals through their BDO credit card at ATMs at a particular fee. Interest charges will also hold applicable in case of cash advances obtained through credit cards.
- Through the BDO rewards program, customers can earn reward points on their purchases and redeem them for excellent offers and discounts available in the rewards catalogue. Offers can be permanent or periodic.
- For every P200 spent at participating Bench brands, customers can earn 2 reward points. At all non-participating merchants, 1 point can be earned on a minimum spend of P200.
- Reward points can be earned on shopping (online and offline), groceries, gas, and utility payments.
- Applicants must be over 21 years of age.
- The minimum income required to be eligible is P180,000.
- Applicants must have a source of income - BDO credit cards are issued to salaried and self-employed individuals.
- The applicant can be a Filipino citizen, Permanent Resident or a Foreigner.
- Taxpayer Identification number
- Latest computerized payslips
- Income Tax Return statement
- Bank statement for the last 3 months
- Identity document (any identity document recognised by the government of Philippines)
BDO card members get a complimentary travel and accident insurance cover. Cardmembers are also eligible for an Income Secure Plan in the event of disability or accidental death. BDO Bench MasterCard members get an insurance cover of P400,000.
BDO credit cards come with an impregnable security framework that only allows authentic transactions to come through. Every credit card comes with a secure pin that enables transactions only upon customer authorisation. While making payments at merchant terminals, customers are required to enter their credit card secure pin, following which the transaction will be processed. No transaction is possible without the pin authorisation.
Online transactions are also secure and aren’t easily exposed to security or information breaches. Customers are required to register their mobile numbers with the bank and while making purchases online, a One Time Password is received on the registered mobile number. The OTP needs to be entered to authorise any online transaction.
Fee Details and Charges
|Monthly Interest Rate||3%|
|Minimum amount due every month||3% of the monthly outstanding balance|
|Late payment charges||5% of the outstanding balance, or P300, whichever is higher.|
|Monthly credit card membership fee||P200|
|Lost card replacement charges||P400|
|Cash advance fee||5% of withdrawn amount or P300, whichever is greater.|
How to apply for the BDO Bench MasterCard Credit Card?
Customers can apply for the credit card by visiting the official BDO Unibank Inc. website and fill out the online application along with uploading your supporting documents. You can also apply for the card by visiting any BDO branch in Philippines and physically filling out the credit card application form. The bank’s customer service number is 1-800-10-6318000.
Reporting Lost/Stolen Credit Card
You can report the loss/theft of your credit card by contacting the bank’s customer service number and providing details of your most recent transactions and credit card details. The bank will consequently block any further transactions on your card.
- BDO Diners Club International
- BDO Diners Club Premiere