Credit cards are one of the lifelines available to everyone today. It is hard to imagine life without this piece of plastic which is used not just for purchasing things but other purposes such as booking tickets, availing rewards, perks and so on. There are numerous companies within the Philippines that offer credit cards with a multitude of benefits for every customer. The Banco de Oro offers one of the most sought after cards in the market today.
About Banco de Oro
Banco de Oro or BDO as it is commonly known, belongs to the SM group of Companies that is owned by tycoon Henry Sy and is the largest bank in the Philippines currently. It was established as Acme Savings in 1968 and is headquartered in Makati, Philippines. As a universal bank it offers various products and services such as insurance, loans, credit cards and debit cards.
One of the popular credit cards offered by Banco de Oro is the BDO Bench MasterCard. This card comes with a numerous amazing offers that makes it a very popular card. Offering a plethora of benefits and a range of features, the Bench MasterCard by Banco de Oro provides customers with discounts on shopping,credit card points, installment options amongst other fantastic offers.
Overview of BDO Bench MasterCard
- Exclusive discount of 20%
- Discount During the Customer’s Birth Month
- Exclusive Discount Online
- Customers also receive free gifts throughout the year upon spending the minimum amount.
- Twice the Credit Card Points
- The installment option is 0% in three and six month tenures at all Partner Global Brand/Bench.
- The first supplementary is also free for customers for life.
Customers can avail a discount of 20% every time they shop from any Bench partner brand such as American Eagle, Aldo, Charles & Keith, Outfitters, Karen Millen, Cotton On, Mothercare, La Senza, Vero Moda, Pedro and others every Monday for a minimum amount. The minimum amount varies per brand as evidenced by the table below.
|Featured Brands||Minimum spend required for a single time|
|Tier 1 - Free State Online Store, Bench Online Store||P1500|
|Tier 2 - Bench Tofu, Bench Body, Bench, F&X, Bench Tweeners, Human, Herbench, Typo, Rubi, VDL, The Face Shop, Superbench, Pinoylab and Kashieca||P2500|
|Tier 3 - Call it Spring, Also Accessories, Charles & Keith, Cotton On Kids/Cotton On, La Senza, ELC, Factorie||P3500|
|Tier 4 - American Eagle, Aldo, Bench Skin Expert, Mothercare, Celio, Pedro, Cath Kidston, Vero Moda||P5000|
|Tier 5 - Casadei, Alberta Ferretti, Patchi, Karen Millen, Dodo, Paul Smith, Repetto, Dimensione||P20,000|
Customers can celebrate their birthday a lot more extravagantly thanks to the discount provided by the Bench MasterCard. When they shop at any of the participating Bench or Partner Global Brand throughout the Philippines and enjoy a discount of up to 15% when a minimum of P1500 is spent.
BDO Bench MasterCard holders can avail a discount of 10% when they make purchases at Free State and Bench Online shops for a minimum of P1500.
Customers can earn twice the credit card points when they purchase something at the Bench/Partner Global Brands throughout the Philippines and for other purchases, one credit card point. In addition to this, for every P200 spent, two points can be earned for anything bought at all Bench/Partner Global Brand. For every P200 spent, one points can be earned for anything bought at all non - Bench/non - Partner Global Brand.
Benefits of the BDO Bench MasterCard
- Customers can avail free membership fee for the first year and free membership for life on the first supplementary.
- During promo period, customers can avail exclusive freebies and discounts from Partner Global Brands and Bench.
- With the exception of PCX and First Aid, customers will be able to procure an installment option of 0% in tenures of three and six months at all Partner Global Brands/ Bench.
- A number of reputed companies have partnered up with Bench and some of these are Bench Body, Studio Fix by Alex Carbonell, Charles and Keith, La Senza, Dimensione, Mothercare, Repetto, Aldo, Call It Spring, among others.
- BDO Bench also offers a number of economical installment options
- EasyPay Installment Program allows customers to pay for furniture, appliance, jewelry or any other needs without hassles. Through this program, users to purchase anything they need on economical installments from more than 10,000 stores that have partnered with BDO throughout the Philippines. Installment options of 3 to 36 months on either an accumulated or single purchase price of P3000 is available.
- This installment option can be availed through either the affordable and easy add on interest rates monthly, Absolutely 0% interest and Buy Now Pay Later! installment option.
- There are other EasyPay Installment choices available-
- The option of Balance Transfer allows customers to transfer their balance from their other credit cards at very low rates of interest.
- Tuition Assist/EasyPay Cash allows customers to pay for their all their school expenses or refund their cash purchases (that are worth a minimum of P5000) at economical installment options.
- Through the EasyPay Convert option, customers can get any of their purchase mounts converted to installments using their BDO bench MasterCard. Customers must note that the purchases will have to be a minimum of P3000 and purchases at drugstores, supermarkets, grocery stores, gasoline services are not applicable.
- Customers shop experience secure shopping online thanks to the free virtual card which comes with a different card number from the regular Bench MasterCard
- Through the Online Installment option, customers can convert any of their online transactions into a monthly installment by contacting the BDO Customer Contact Center and also avail scheduled Buy Now, Pay Later and Absolutely 0% installment options at certain websites.
- The Exclusive Online Deals and Online Treats option allows customers to enjoy exclusive deals, discounts and freebies when they use their BDO Bench MasterCard at partner sites.
- Charge on Demand
- Auto Charge
- Customers can contact the BDO Customer Center at all times from anywhere for any query.
- There are a number of payment channels available such as Phone Banking, eBanking, Branch counters etc.
- The BDO Bench MasterCard is accepted all over the world, in more than 20 million places and 275 territories and countries.
Customers need not worry about paying their bills when they are out of town as the Charge-On-Demand facility allows them to pay their bills on a need basis.
Through the Auto Charge facility, customers need not worry about due dates and make easy and hassle free bill payments.
Eligibility and Documentation required for the BDO Visa Gold credit card
- The customer must be between 21 to 70 years old and supplementary cardholders must be at least 13 years old.
- Minimum annual income (Gross fixed) required is P180,000.
- Customer must be a citizen of the Philippines; if the customer is a foreigner then he/she must be a permanent resident of the country for the previous 2 years.
- Customer must have a landline phone
- Customer must be employed; if he/she is self-employed then the business must be in operation for a minimum of two years.
- .A BDO branch must be present close to the office or residential address.
Applicants with existing credit cards
Photocopy of the following documents -
- In case customer is a member or subscriber of TU Bureau, then the first six and last four digits of credit card, type of credit card and expiry date and issuer.
- Most recent credit card statement of account for the previous two months.
- For those who are employed - a photocopy of the most recent BIR Form 2316 or most recent W2 that is signed by the employer’s authorized representative and for those that are self employed - a photocopy of the most recent ITR.
- Any identity proof that is valid and has a photograph and is issued by an official authority is required, such as the following - Driver’s License, Passport, Social Security System card with Photo along with scanned signature, Seaman’s book, Voter’s ID, Company ID, Philhealth card etc.
Applicants without existing credit cards
Photocopy of the following
- Proof of income
- For employed individuals -
- either the original Employment certificate copy or photocopy and most recent payslip.
- Photocopy of the most recent BIR Form 2316 that is signed by the authorized representative of the employer and
- Photocopy of the most recent W4 and ITR with Bank Stamp/BIT
- Photocopy of registration of the name of business
- Employment certificate or copy of contract of employment
- If the embassy is official then a letter from them
- Photocopy of one of the following
- Resident Visa and Valid Passport
- ACR or ICR or ACR -1
- Valid Visa and Work Permit
- Special Investor’s Resident Visa and Visa Philippine Economic Zone Authority or Visa with E0226