Overview of BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card
BDO, one of Philippine’s largest banks, offers several kinds of financial products – from credit cards and loans to investment banking and insurance brokerage services. The BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card is a travel credit card that allows you to earn miles as you spend and redeem them for tickets through the Cathay Pacific.
BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card Promotions
Who doesn’t like credit card deals and discounts? Here are some exciting ones for this card:
- You can earn 5 Asia Miles per P42 spent instead of 1 mile locally or 2 miles internationally. You have to spend at least P100,000 in the promotional period to earn the bonus miles. The bonus programme is valid until 14th May, 2017. You need to register for this programme via BDO Web Registration first.
- Get up to 50% off your meals at Diamond Hotel’s Corniche Restaurant and Bar 27 when paying with your BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card. At Corniche, you get 50% discount on lunch buffet from Monday to Friday, and on dinner buffet on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. You can save 30% on the lunch buffet bill on Saturdays and Sundays and on the dinner buffets on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. At Bar 27, you can avail 40% concession on food and beverages for bills above P2,000 from Monday to Saturday. The Corniche offer expires on 15th April, 2017 and the Bar 27 offer is valid up to 30th June, 2017.
- If your BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Card is issued before 15th April, 2017, you can get a free Lacoste watch.
- With this card, you can enjoy Multiple Entry Visa to Korea for up to 5 years without requiring to submit financial documents. The promotion is valid until 31st December, 2017.
Features of BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card
- Shopping protection: The purchases made on the Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card are protected from loss, theft or damage up to 30 days from the date of purchase. If you do lose the item or it gets damaged in this period, you will be reimbursed the amount charged to the Card. Coverage is limited up to P50,000 per item, up to P250,000 per annum.
- Worldwide acceptance: The BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card can be used globally in more than 275 countries.
- Instalment payment plans: You can pay for your purchases in instalments of over 3 to 36 months through Express Pay or Express Pay Convert schemes. You have to make transactions of at least P3,000 for Express Pay and P5,000 for Express Pay Convert in single or multiple payments. Under these plans you don’t have to pay any interest on the deferred payments. To avail Express Pay Convert, you can call 631-8000.
- Utility bill payment: If you’re worried about forgetting to pay your utility bills on time, you can choose the auto-charge option. With this, you can link your utility bills to the credit card and the amount will be paid automatically when the bill is generated. Another options is to choose the Charge-On-Demand service, wherein you can charge your utility bills as per your needs in advance, before the bill is generated.
- Credit card bill payment: You can pay your credit card bills with any of the following methods:
- At BDO Branch counters with cash or cheque
- Through BDO eBanking
- Via BDO Phone Banking at 631-8000
- At SM Bills Payment counters
Benefits of BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card
- Marco Polo Club access: You don’t have to pay the membership fee for the Green tier for the first year when joining the Marco Polo Club. The Club allows you access to designated club check-in counters, priority boarding and other privileges.
- American Express Selects: With this card, you can access several lifestyle indulgences offered by the American Express Selects programme. This includes worldwide deals and discounts in dining, accommodation and health and wellness categories.
- Asia Miles discounts: You can save 10% on the purchase of Asia Miles Gift Miles, on Mileage Renewal Fee and on Mileage Transfer Fee.
- Round-the-clock assistance: You can enjoy services such as emergency card replacement, Cash Advance anywhere in the world, travel emergency assistance through American Express Global Assist, and travel-related services such as hotel and car rental reservations through Travel Service Offices in more than 140 countries.
- Exclusive promotional offers: Being a BDO Cathay Pacific American Express cardholder means that you will be able to get discounts, special deals and free gifts at partner stores both online and offline.
- Earn 1 Asia Mile per P42 spent in Philippines and overseas.
- Earn 2 Asia Miles per P42 spent on Cathay Pacific flight bookings online.
- You get 1,500 Bonus Asia Miles when you use your card for the first time.
- On your membership anniversary, if you spend at least P250,000 in a year, you get 1,500 Bonus Asia Miles.
- The Asia Miles you earn can be exchanged for lifestyle rewards, flight award tickets, upgrades, hotel stays and companion tickets to more than 1,000 destinations.
Insurance Offered by BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card
The BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Card offers free travel insurance if you charge the bookings of the entire trip with the card. The insurance is underwritten by the Insurance Company of North America. You get:
- Travel Accident Insurance cover of up to P10 million
- Travel Inconvenience Protection cover of up to P60,000
- Accident Medical Expense cover of up to P50,000
The BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card allows you to get supplementary cards for your family members. These supplementary cards are connected to your primary card, and all the perks available to primary cards are also available to supplementary cards. All the Asia Miles earned by supplementary card members are transferred to the primary cardholder. The total credit limit is shared by primary and supplementary cards.
To be eligible for getting the BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You must be between 21 and 70 years old to be the primary cardholder and a minimum of 13 years old to be a supplementary cardholder.
- Your gross fixed annual income has to be at least P480,000.
- You must be a Filipino citizen or a Philippine permanent resident.
- You must be an Asia Miles member.
The following documents need to be presented by BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card applicants:
- For those who already have a credit card:
- Latest credit card charge slip or latest credit card statement of account
- Copy of the card-face of the existing credit card
- Copy of at least one valid photo-identification document issued by an official authority. This includes:
- Driver's Licence
- Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) ID
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Postal ID
- Voter's ID
- Barangay Certification
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) E-card
- Social Security System (SSS) Card
- TIN ID
- Senior Citizen Card
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Seaman's Book
- Alien Certification of Registration/Immigrant Certificate of Registration
- Government Office (e.g. Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF)) IDs
- Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
- Company IDs issued by the private entities or institution registered or supervised or regulated either by the BSP, SEC or IC
- Copy of latest BIR Form 2316 signed by employer’s authorised representative for salaried persons
- Copy of latest ITR and W4 with BIR stamp for self-employed persons
- For salaried applicants without a credit card:
- Copy of latest BIR Form 2316 signed by employer’s authorised representative
- Original Copy of Employment and Income (COEI) indicating status, length of service and compensation breakdown
- Copy of the most recent salary slip
- Copy of at least one valid photo-identification document issued by an official authority as above
- For self-employed applicants without a credit card:
- Photocopy of Registration of Business Name
- Photocopy of ITR for the last two years and W4 and BIT/Bank Stamp
- Audited Financial Statements for the last two years
- Bank Statements for the last three months
- Copy of at least one valid photo-identification document issued by an official authority as above
- For foreigners who are permanent residents:
- Copy of Employment Contract or Certificate of Employment
- Letter from the Embassy (if you are an Embassy Official)
- Photocopy of any one of the following:
- Valid Passport with resident visa
- Work permit and valid visa
- Special investor’s resident visa and visas issued by the Philippine Economic Zone Authority or visa with E0226
- ACR or ICR or ICR-I
Fees and Charges
The following fees and charges apply on the BDO Standard MasterCard:
|Membership fee for primary card||P1,600 per year – waived for the first year. Annual fee is waived for the next year if you spend P250,000 in the previous year.|
|Membership fee for supplementary card||P800 per year – waived for the first year|
|Monthly effective interest rate||3.5%|
|Minimum monthly payment||3% of the Outstanding Balance or P200, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||7% of the Overdue Amount|
|Cash advance fee||5% of amount withdrawn or P500, whichever is greater|
|Lost card replacement fee||P400|
|Foreign exchange conversion fee||2.5%, of which 1% goes to American Express|
How to apply for BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card
You can apply for the BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card in the following ways:
- Online through the bank’s website;
- By visiting any BDO bank branch.
You will have to give your personal and contact details, income information and all the supporting documents whether you’re applying online or at a bank branch.
Lost/Stolen Card Liabilities
BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Cards come with Lost Card Protection (LCP). LCP protects the customer from being liable for any unauthorised or fake charges suffered on the card. In order to get this protection, you need to call the BDO Customer Contact Centre as soon as you realise that you have lost your credit card. If the loss or theft is not reported, the onus of paying for all fraudulent expenses incurred rests with the cardholder.
- BDO Diners Club International
- BDO Diners Club Premiere