Banco de Oro, also known as BDO or BDO Unibank is the jewel crown of all banking institutions in the Philippines. It is the largest bank in the Philippines and is owned by the SM Group of Companies. The large conglomerate is owned by business tycoon Henry Sy.
Banco de Oro is known to provide financial services and products to all corporate and retail markets, thereby calling itself one of the best full service banks in the Philippines. Some of their services include foreign exchange, deposit taking, brokering, credit cards, investments, remittances as well as corporate cash management.
Apart from being a member of the SM Group which is Philippines largest conglomerates, BDO offers investment banking, leasing and finance, bancassurance, stock brokerage, private banking and insurance brokerage services through all its subsidiaries.
Overview of BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card
The BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card is one of the best ways to build air miles and is known to be the most beneficial for all frequent travelers. Not just this, it is noteworthy to remember that it is the only credit card in the Philippines that converts your everyday spends automatically to Asia Miles absolutely free of cost, thereby saving you the trouble of following up for the same.
Highlights of the BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card
- Build Air Asia Miles - Earn Air Asia Miles every time you purchase tickets using your BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card. You also earn 3000 Bonus Asia Air Miles as an Elite CardMember with your first purchase.
- Reward Yourself Abundantly - For every Php 38 that you spend, reward yourself with 1 Asia Mile. These miles can be redeemed for hotel stays, lifestyle rewards etc.
- Receive an Exclusive Marco Polo Club Membership for Free - The exclusive Green-Tier Membership at the Marco Polo Club lets you avail the luxury of priority check-in and boarding.
Features and Benefits on the BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card
Some of the amazing features and benefits of the BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card are:
- Fee waived on the first year - The annual subscription fee on this card is waived off on the first year so that all cardholders can experience the privileges and benefits of the card. The annual fee of Php 4000 will continue to be waived if the annual spend on the card is Php 500,000 every year.
- Accepted Globally - All cards by American Express that are issued by BDO are recognized all over the world wherever American Express is recognised.
- Attractive Discounts - Even as basic card members, you can avail various discounts with various types of transactions as listed below:
- Exclusive offers - American Express Selects
- 10 percent discount - Purchase of Air Asia Miles
- 10 percent discount - Mileage Renewal Fee
- 10 percent discount - Mileage Transfer Fee
- Offers on American Express Selects - All BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card holders are in for special treats all year around. The American Express Selects is a travel, leisure and dining offer on select brands that you can avail to enjoy some extra luxury.
- Installment Programs - The Installment Pay includes facilities such as:
- The Express Pay Installment Facility - allows you to makes purchases of furniture, jewelry, gadgets etc. and allows you to repay the bill over 3 to 36 monthly installments as per our convenience.
This is applicable on a minimum purchase of Php 3000. This installment facility can be availed in any of the following means:
- Affordable and easy monthly add on interest rates.
- Zero percent interest.
- Special installment terms when you use the Buy Now Pay Later facility.
- Express Pay Convert
- Tuition Assist or Express Pay Cash
- Balance Transfer or Express Transfer
- Transfer your credit card balances at the lowest interest rates.
- Convert absolutely anything into an installment program with the BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card. Purchases must be of at least Php 3000.
This feature entitles you to:
- Accident medical expense worth Php 80,000 per family.
- Travel inconvenience protection worth Php 80,000.
- Travel accident insurance worth Php 15 million.
- SM bill payment counters
- BDO call center to reach the customer service officers at 81-417.
- Phone Banking by calling BDO at 81-417.
- eBanking by BDO which allows you to make transactions at anytime from anywhere.
- All BDO bank branch counters - check and cash payments are accepted in all branches in the country.
To avail a BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card you must fulfill the below mentioned criteria:
- The applicant must be a Filipino citizen or a resident Filipino.
- The applicant must be aged between 21 and 70 years of age.
- The applicant must have a minimum annual income of Php 1200000.
- The applicant must be a member of Asia Miles.
The documentation requirements while applying for a BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card are different for different sets of people.
Applicants who already have a credit card must submit a photocopy of the following documents:
- The front of the already existing credit card.
- The front and back of a valid government issued ID proof with the applicant's signature and photograph.
- Latest BIR Form 2316 signed by the employer.
- A credit card charge slip that is not more than 30 days older than the date of transaction.
Applicants who do not already possess a credit card must submit the following documents:
- A valid proof of income.
- A valid proof of identity issued by the government.
- Applicants who are employed/ salaried employees are required to present a copy of their latest BIR form 2316 along with the original certificate of employment that states the applicant's income and designation and a copy of their latest salary slip.
- Self employed applicants are required to provide:
- A copy of the registration of the business name. For single proprietorship, it must be issued by DTI. For Corporations and Partnerships, it must be issued by SEC.
- A copy of the latest ITR and W4 along with the Bank Stamp.
- Bank statements of the last 3 months and
- Audited financial statements of the last 2 years.
All foreigners must submit the following documents:
- The certificate of employment or employment contract
- If the Embassy is official, then a letter a letter from the Embassy.
- A copy of any one of the following documents:
- Resident visa and a valid passport
- Valid visa and work permit.
- ACR or ACR-1 or ICR
- Resident Visa of the Special Investor.