A card offered in association with Cathay Pacific and American Express, this card offers unlimited Asia Miles and showers the card member with reward points for routine purchases. It automatically converts routine spends to Asia Miles, saving you from the hassles of manually initiating conversion. If you’re a frequent traveller and use flights to commute, this is the ideal card for you as it not only offers continuous rewards, but also extends premium travel benefits such as flight upgrades, complimentary and discounted hotel stays and much more.
Features & Benefits
Unlimited Rewards Earning Potential
For every P38 spent on this card, you earn one Asia Mile. The accumulated miles can be redeemed towards upgrades, flight & lifestyle rewards, hotel stays and a lot more at over 1,000 destinations around the world. The more you spend, more are your chances of being rewarded.
Plus, you get a bonus of 3,000 air miles for your first purchase upon membership anniversary every time you renew the card annually.
Marcopolo Membership is Complimentary
With the BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Elite Credit Card, you get a complimentary Green Tier membership to the elite Marco Polo Club with privileges such as priority boarding and check in. The card member can simply enroll by visiting cathaypacific.com.
Get it Free for Life
You can get this card free for life as you have the opportunity to get the annual fee waived every year. Primary and Supplementary cards are not charged the annual fee for the first subscription year. If the consolidated purchases valued during the previous membership year exceeds P500,000, the fee is automatically waived.
Pleasing Discounts at AsiaMiles.com
A range of transactions on the Asia Miles site can fetch you some pleasing discounts such as 10% off on purchase of gift miles, 10% discount on mileage transfer fee and renewal fee etc. You can also select from a host of exclusive deals from American Express selects where you can experience premium travel, dining and shopping deals in the Philippines and around the world.
Stay Worry Free with Purchase Protection
All Cathay Pacific American Express card members are eligible for guarantee offered by on purchased goods for upto 30 days from the date of purchase. This feature secures your purchase from loss, damage or theft up to the coverage period where the purchase value is reimbursed by the bank into your card account. Get up to P75,000 per item and up to P400,000 per annum.
Travel Without Worry
If you’re using this card to pay for the entire trip, consider it a secured journey since you get a variety of insurance covers such as Travel Accident Insurance that extends a cover of up to P15 million along with Travel Inconvenience Protection with up to P80,000 cover and Accident Medical Expense that covers the entire family for up to P80,000 per family. No more worrying about primary risks during travel.
Round the Clock Service, Around the World
The card member gets to enjoy world class customer service by a team of dedicated professionals who are on standby to help you with a plethora of service needs, anytime of the day. This services is just a call away and helps not only in getting answers to regular queries, but also exclusive services such as concierge, emergency card replacement, cash advance and so on.
Express Pay Installment Program
Easily convert all you large value spends into installment payments without having to worry about incurring loads of interest charges. This program allows you to easily convert large value purchases of over P3,000 from 10,000 plus stores nationwide for 0% interest. You can also be eligible for discounts and offers during the promo period a partner stores. One can choose from 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 or 36 months to payback in installments.
Extension of Express pay Installment Program
The scheme above is not only restricted to purchases alone, but also other options such as Balance Transfers from other credit cards, reimbursement of tuition fees etc. You may also choose to convert purchases from non partner stores into affordable installment plans by simply calling the BDO customer service.
Convenient Bills Payment Service
With the two easy-to-choose bills payment service, you will never fret about missing utility bill payments every month. The Charge on Demand lets you charge your bills to the credit card account on a need basis. If you’re travelling for an indefinite period or want your bills to be remitted during a specific period, simply call the customer service to initiate the payment.
On the other hand, Auto Charge facility allows you to assign bill payments on a permanent basis where utility bills are auto debited from your card account on or before the due date. No more remembering multiple due dates, no more hassles of managing bills individually.
Wide Range of Payment Channels
With the range of payment channels offered by BDO, you will never miss card payments. Choose to pay over BDO branch counters, over the internet on bdo.com.ph, using touch tone phone over the automated system or by speaking to a representative from Phone Banking. One can also drop a checks at SM Bills Payment counters placed at multiple locations.
Fees & Charges
- The annual membership fee for the primary card is P4,000 and comes free for the first membership year. Provided the total spends exceeds a certain value in a membership year, the membership fee continues to be waived automatically.
- Each Supplementary card is billed P2,000 per year and the first card issued under this category is free for life.
- Finance Charges are billed at the rate of 3.00%, charged on a monthly basis.
- The age of the applicant should be between 21 - 70 years.
- The applicant should be a Filipino citizen or resident of the country.
- Should have a minimum annual income of P1,200,000`.
- Should be a member of Asia Miles.
|Income Proof for Salaried Applicants||
• Original Employment Certificate which contains details of income(COEI) and proof of length of service along with breakdown of compensation. A latest payslip can also be provided as an alternative.
• Latest BIR form 2316 signed by the authorized company representative.
• ID proof issued by government agencies.
|Income Proof for Self Employed||
• Business Registration Certificate issued by the relevant authority. For single proprietorship, certificate issued by the DTI and SEC authorized certificate for corporations/partnerships.
• Latest ITR and W4 with bank seal along with financial statements(audited) of last two years. Bank statement of last 3 months.
• COE(Certificate of Employment) or Employment Contract issued by the company.
• Employees of the Embassy should provide a letter issued by the relevant authority in the Embassy.
• A photocopy of one of the following must be submitted.
• Resident Visa with Passport.
• ACR or ICR or ACR-1
• Valid Visa with Work Permit.
|Existing Credit Card Holders||
• Credit card statement (latest) or charge slip, not older than 30 days from the date of purchase.
• A clear photocopy of the front portion (Card).
• Valid ID, containing photo and signature issued by government agencies.
• Latest BIR form 2316 signed by the employer or latest ITR and W4 with BIR stamp.