Banco de Oro, also known as BDO or BDO Unibank is the jewel crown of all banking institutions in the Philippines. It is the largest bank in the Philippines and is owned by the SM Group of Companies. The large conglomerate is owned by business tycoon Henry Sy.
Banco de Oro is known to provide financial services and products to all corporate and retail markets, thereby calling itself one of the best full service banks in the Philippines. Some of their services include foreign exchange, deposit taking, brokering, credit cards, investments, remittances as well as corporate cash management.
Apart from being a member of the SM Group which is Philippines largest conglomerates, BDO offers investment banking, leasing and finance, bancassurance, stock brokerage, private banking and insurance brokerage services through all its subsidiaries.
Overview of BDO Forever 21 Mastercard
- Amazing Birth Month Discounts - The BDO Forever 21 MasterCard lets you celebrate your birthday in style with great fashion finds at Forever 21. You are entitled to enjoy a discount of 21 percent on n spend of at least Php 2000 during your birth month.
- Tripled Credit Card Points - Using this card, you earn points for every spend that you make. You earn extra points when you shop and redeem at Forever 21. For all international and domestic purchases, every Php 200 spent earns you 1 points and every Php 200 spend in Forever 21 in the Philippines earns you three points.
- Priority Entries to Sale Events - Receive regular updates on all sale events by Forever 21. Enjoy special discounts that are exclusive to only BDO Forever 21 MasterCard Holders. You also receive early pass privileges during all the store sales.
- 21 percent rebate on 21st of every month - Use the BDO Forever 21 MasterCard to enjoy a rebate of 21 percent on the 21st of every month. Not just this, you also receive an attractive 10 percent rebate on other days on a minimum spend of Php 3000.
- 21x Points during Forever 21 - 3 Day Sale - You also get to earn 21 times more credit card points when you shop using your Forever 21 MasterCard during the Forever 21 SM 3 - Day Sale. However you should make a purchase of at least Php 2000 to be eligible for this benefit.
Features and Benefits
Apart from the eye catching highlights mentioned above, some of the other features and benefits of the BDO Forever 21 MasterCard are:
- Accepted Globally - All cards by American Express that are issued by BDO are recognized all over the world wherever American Express is recognised.
- Various payment channels - BDO has numerous channels that you can use as per your convenience to pay your bills. They are:
- SM bill payment counters
- BDO call center to reach the customer service officers at 81-417.
- Phone Banking by calling BDO at 81-417.
- eBanking by BDO which allows you to make transactions at anytime from anywhere.
- All BDO bank branch counters - check and cash payments are accepted in all branches in the country.
- Acclaimed 24/7 customer service - Receive unparalleled customer service from BDO whichever part of the world you are in. You are one step away for emergency card replacement, travel emergency assistance, access to cash advances globally and the like. All you have to do is call the call center at 631-8000.
- Bills Payment Facility - The BDO JCB Gold Credit Card can be used to make your bill payments much easier. There are two kinds of facilities for this:
- Auto Charge - With this facility, you don’t have to worry about remembering too many dates for different bills. You can enroll multiple utility bills to the credit card and have one only date to keep in mind to pay all the bills.
- Charge-on-demand - With this facility, you don’t have to worry about the due dates on your bills, especially if you are constantly on the move. You can use your credit card to pay your utility bills on a need basis.
- Installment Programs - The Installment Pay includes facilities such as:
- The Express Pay Installment Facility - allows you to makes purchases of furniture, jewelry, gadgets etc. and allows you to repay the bill over 3, 6, 12, 24 and 36 monthly installments as per our convenience.
This is applicable on a minimum purchase of Php 3000. This installment facility can be availed in any of the following means:
- Affordable and easy monthly add on interest rates.
- Zero percent interest.
- Special installment terms when you use the Buy Now Pay Later facility.
- Express Pay Convert
- Tuition Assist or Express Pay Cash
- Balance Transfer or Express Transfer
- Transfer your credit card balances at the lowest interest rates.
- Convert absolutely anything into an installment program with the BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card. Purchases must be of at least Php 3000.
To avail a BDO Forever 21 MasterCard you must fulfill the below mentioned criteria:
- The applicant must have a landline phone in the Philippines.
- The office or residence address of the applicant must be in an area where a BDO branch is located.
- The applicant’s minimum annual income requirement is Php 420000.
- The applicant must be between 21 to 70 years of age for a principal card holder.
- The minimum age required for someone to hold a supplementary card is 13 years old.
- The applicant must be a resident Filipino or a foreigner who has been living in the Philippines for the last two years.
- The applicant must be a salaried employee, self-employed with a business operating for at least 2 years or a professional in a particular field.
The documentation requirements while applying for a BDO Forever 21 MasterCard are different for different sets of people.
Applicants who already have a credit card must submit a photocopy of the following documents:
- The front of the already existing credit card.
- The front and back of a valid government issued ID proof with the applicant's signature and photograph.
- Latest BIR Form 2316 signed by the employer.
- A credit card charge slip that is not more than 30 days older than the date of transaction.
Applicants who do not already possess a credit card must submit the following documents:
- A valid proof of income.
- A valid proof of identity issued by the government.
- Applicants who are employed/ salaried employees are required to present a copy of their latest BIR form 2316 along with the original certificate of employment that states the applicant's income and designation and a copy of their latest salary slip.
- Self employed applicants are required to provide:
- A copy of the registration of the business name. For single proprietorship, it must be issued by DTI. For Corporations and Partnerships, it must be issued by SEC.
- A copy of the latest ITR and W4 along with the Bank Stamp.
- Bank statements of the last 3 months and
- Audited financial statements of the last 2 years.
All foreigners must submit the following documents:
- The certificate of employment or employment contract
- If the Embassy is official, then a letter a letter from the Embassy.
- A copy of any one of the following documents:
- Resident visa and a valid passport
- Valid visa and work permit.
- ACR or ACR-1 or ICR
- Resident Visa of the Special Investor.