BDO (Banco de Oro) is the crown jewel of SM Group of Companies, one of the Philippine's leading conglomerates. BDO is a one-stop financial institute that is popular among Filipinos to meet all their financial needs including Credit Cards, Investment Banking, Stock Brokerage services and much more.
The BDO Gold MasterCard is an excellent choice particularly for those who travel abroad often. The card is designed with features like Dual Currency, Travel Accident & Inconvenience Insurance Coverage as well as tie-ups with the hotels around the globe, so that you the traveler can pack just the BDO Gold MasterCard and leave worries behind.
Features and Benefits of BDO Gold MasterCard:
Dual Currency Feature
You can have the best of both worlds while travelling with a BDO Gold MasterCard; pay in either pesos or dollars with the same card, whatever is convenient for you. When you use the card locally, you can pay in Philippine Peso, and when you travel abroad you have the option to pay in US$ or in Philippine Peso if the exchange rate pleases you.
Credit Card Points Redemption Program
You get more than what you bargained for when you swipe your BDO Gold MasterCard. For every P50 or US$ 1 that is swiped on the card, you will be earning one point. Collect the points to spend on dining, shopping and even travelling as the points can be used to redeem miles as well. So if you have a dream destination in mind, BDO Gold MasterCard will make sure you get there faster.
Free Travel Accident & Inconvenience Insurance Coverage
When you use the BDO Gold MasterCard to book your travel fares (flights and other modes of public transport), you will be eligible to up to Php 5 million Travel Accident and Inconvenience Insurance. What's more, it is not just you the principal cardholder who is eligible to this coverage, but also supplementary card holders including immediate family members (spouse up to 75 years old, children up to 18 years old).
No Membership Fee
For the first year you will be exempt from Membership Fee. Also, if you spend at least P180,000 per year, you will be exempt from the annual membership fee as well.
EasyPay Installment: As a BDO Gold MasterCard cardholder, you don’t need to worry about your balance while shopping anymore. With the EasyPay Installment program you can purchase everything from appliances, furniture, gadgets, jewelry or clothes from over 10,000 partner stores around Philippines. You can choose from 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 and 36 monthly installments when you purchase one item worth P 3000 or an accumulated purchase amount of P 3,000. What’s more, there is absolutely no interest rate added when you pay back certain purchases and the others have affordable monthly add-on interest rates. Check the official website for more details regarding this. You may also be able to avail special extended installment terms as well as amazing discounts and limited promo offers.
Other EasyPay Installment Options
Easy Transfer / Balance Transfer: This option offers one of the lowest interest rates. Transferring credit card balance is the cheapest when you own a BDO Gold MasterCard
EasyPay Cash / Tuition Assist: Paying for school expenses is no more a money when you own a BDO Gold MasterCard. You can pay in s=installments when you make purchases of at least P 5,000.
EasyPay Convert: If your favorite store happens not to be partnered with BDO, you can still purchase whatever (which amounts to at least P 3,000) you want in installments by calling 631-8000. This does not however include purchases from Grocery Shops, Supermarket, Gasoline Service Station and Drugstores/Pharmacy.
Online shopping with your BDO Credit Cards
Save more when you shop online with your BDO Credit Cards. Shop smarter and safer as well.
Complementary Virtal Card: Just for shopping online, BDO Gold MasterCard cardholders are provided with a free a credit card which has a different card number from your regular BDO credit card so that your regular card number and credit line are completely secure.
Shop online, lighter: You can pay in installments when you are shopping online as well. Simple call the BDO Customer Contact Center. If you are shopping at partnered websites, you can also enjoy Absolutely 0% and Buy Now, Pay Later installment schemes. You can also enjoy exclusive deals, discounts and freebies from these websites.
You will be delighted with the amazing perks and privileges, freebies and discounts that are offered at the partner stores. No matter what you are in the mood for, be it shopping, dining, traveling or entertainment, your BDO Credit Card will surely make your day.
On top of the points that you earn every time that you swipe your BDO Credit Card, you will also get instant treats. What more could you ask for?
Charge on Demand: This facility makes sure that your bills are taken care of when you are travelling. By logging on to www.bdo.com.ph or calling 631-8000, your utility bills will be charged on a per need basis.
Do you feel like your calendar is a never ending list of dates to pay utility bills? BDO offers the unique opportunity to combine all your utility bills into your BDO Credit Card so that you just have one due date to remember. Check the official website for more information regarding this.
24-hour Customer Service
No matter what your query, help is just a phone call away. Call the 24-hour BDO Customer Contact Center at 631-8000 or 1-800-10-6318000 (Domestic Toll Free).
- Making your BDO card’s payment is super simple and convenient. Pick from any of the following portals to make your payments:
- BDO Branch Counters: All the branches will accept both cash and checks.
- BDO eBanking: Log on to www.bdo.com.ph to make your transactions no matter where in the world you are.
- BDO Phone Banking: Simply dial 631-8000 to access your BDO account and make all your payments in one touch.
- BDO Call Center: You could also call 631-8000 to debit your BDO account and make payments with the help of Customer Service Officers.
- SM Bills Payment Counters: Lastly, it is possible to make payments through SM Bills Payment.
Accepted in over 275 countries and territories, money while travelling will not be on any BDO Cardholder’s list.
- What is the eligibility criteria for BDO Gold MasterCard?
- What are the documents required when applying for a card?
Principal applicants must be aged between 21 and 70 years old. Supplementary cardholders must be at least 13 years old.
To apply one must have at least one landline phone
Applicants must citizens of Philippines or a permanent resident of the Philippines for at least 2 years.
Applicants must be a regular employee or self-employed. If self-employed, the business must have been operating for at least 2 years.
Applicant must be earning a minimum of Php 420,000 per year.
Applicant’s residence or office address must be close to an area with a BDO branch
If you already own credit cards, you will need photocopies of the following documents:
- Credit card charge slip which is not more than 30 days old from transaction date / credit card statement of account
- Front side of any existing credit card
- Front and back of valid ID with signature and photo, which is issued and signed by an official authority such as Passport, Driver's License etc.
- If employed, you will need a photocopy of your latest BIR Form 2316 which is signed by the employer's authorized representative. If self-employed, photocopy of latest ITR and W4 with BIR stamp
If this is your first card, and you do not own any other credit card, you will need to show proof of income as well as identification.
- As an employed applicant, one must provide photocopy of latest BIR Form 2316 which is signed by employer's authorized representative and either original copy of Certificate of Employment and Income (COEI) or photocopy of latest full month payslip
- As a Self-Employed, applicant must provide proof of identification, photocopy of Registration of Business Name as well as photocopy of latest ITR and W4 with BIT/Bank stamp. He/ she must also submit last two years’ Audited Financial Statements or Bank Statements for the last 3 months.
As a foreigner, an applicant must submit the following
- Certificate or contract of Employment
- Letter from Embassy (if Embassy Official)
- A photocopy of any of the following documents need to be submitted: Valid Visa, Work permit, Valid Passport with Resident Visa, Special Investor's Resident Visa and Visa's Philippine Economic Zone Authority or Visa with EO226, ACR or ICR or ACR-1
More read on BDO Credit Card
Find out all you need to know about BDO’s Credit and Cash Cards. A BDO Cash Card is more of an electronic debit card which is prepaid and reloadable. With a BDO Cash Card, you receive the convenience of an ATM Card, and do not have to open a deposit account for the same.
Receive free welcome gifts and goodies with your New Bench MasterCard. On spending Php 5,000 anywhere with your New Bench MasterCard, you will receive a Shopping Privilege of Php 1000 in any Bench/Partner Global Brand. What’s more?
If you are new to the world of credit cards and looking forward to explore various options, benefits and features related to it than find a perfect card for you by checking out the “Best credit cards for startes in Philippines”.
Once you do decide to get a credit card for yourself, it can be quite a tiring experience if you do not keep tsome of the points in mind before and after applying for it.
Banco de Oro or BDO was established in 1968, and is currently one of the foremost banks of Philippines offering a wide range of services and banking products. It is the largest bank within the Philippines in terms of loans, assets and deposits and is owned by the SM Group of Companies