Banco de Oro, also known as BDO or BDO Unibank is the jewel crown of all banking institutions in the Philippines. It is the largest bank in the Philippines and is owned by the SM Group of Companies.
Banco de Oro is known to provide financial services and products to all corporate and retail markets, thereby calling itself one of the best full service banks in the Philippines. Some of their services include foreign exchange, deposit taking, brokering, credit cards, investments, remittances as well as corporate cash management.
Apart from being a member of the SM Group which is Philippines largest conglomerates, BDO offers investment banking, leasing and finance, bancassurance, stock brokerage, private banking and insurance brokerage services through all its subsidiaries. This large conglomerate is owned by business tycoon Henry Sy.
Overview of BDO JCB Gold Credit Card
This card fulfills all your lifestyle requirements and upgrades you to the fancy life you always wanted.
- Redemption Program for Credit Card Points - For every Php 50 spent using your BDO JCB Gold Credit Card, earn one point. Use these accumulated points to pick rewards of your choice. Choose from travel accessories, gift certificates, cool gadgets and the like from BDO partner stores. Not just this, your points and rewards do not expire until your card is active. Therefore, you have higher chances of accumulating more points and redeeming better rewards.
- No Annual Subscription Fee - All principal card holders are eligible for free membership on the first year of the card. The first supplementary card is free for life. From the second year onwards, if your annual spend on the card is Php 180000, then your membership fee is waived off. If you continue to do the same every year, your BDO JCB Gold Credit Card will actually be free for life.
- Exclusive JCB Lounge Services - All BDO JCB Gold Credit Card holders can avail access to the JCB Plaza Lounges that are located in all major tourist shopping areas in 9 cities across the globe. Some of the Lounge Services include assistance on card related emergencies, travel & tourism information, hotel & restaurant reservations, tickets & tours and other friendly services such as use of computer, free wi-fi, temporary luggage storing and so on.
- Secure Travel Insurance Coverage - When you charge your travel expenses to your BDO JCB Gold Credit Card, you receive free travel accident insurance up to Php 5 million. The cardholder is also eligible for a reimbursement of Php 5000 for any medical expenses and a travel inconvenience coverage of Php 1250 for every 8 hour flights or baggage delays.
Features & Benefits
Amongst a plethora of benefits that the BDO JCB Gold Credit Card offers, some of them are:
- Global Acceptance - The BDO JCB Gold Credit Card is accepted everywhere in the world where JCB cards are recognized.
- Treats and Delights - Avail freebies, discounts and privileges when you spend anywhere with your BDO JCB Gold Credit Card. Get instant treats when you shop, dine or relax at any of BDO’s partner establishments.
- Easy Installment Programs - The Installment Pay includes facilities such as:
- The Express Pay Installment Facility - allows you to make purchases of furniture, jewelry, gadgets etc. and allows you to repay the bill over 3 to 36 monthly installments as per our convenience.
This is applicable on a minimum purchase of Php 3000. This installment facility can be availed in any of the following means:
- Affordable and easy monthly add on interest rates.
- Zero percent interest.
- Special installment terms when you use the Buy Now Pay Later facility.
- Express Pay Convert
- Tuition Assist or Express Pay Cash
- Balance Transfer or Express Transfer
- Transfer your credit card balances at the lowest interest rates.
- Convert absolutely anything into an installment program with the BDO Cathay Pacific American Express Credit Card. Purchases must be of at least Php 3000.
- SM bill payment counters
- BDO call center to reach the customer service officers at 81-417.
- Phone Banking by calling BDO at 81-417.
- eBanking by BDO which allows you to make transactions at anytime from anywhere.
- All BDO bank branch counters - check and cash payments are accepted in all branches in the country.
- Auto Charge - With this facility, you don’t have to worry about remembering too many dates for different bills. You can enroll multiple utility bills to the credit card and have one only date to keep in mind to pay all the bills.
- Charge-on-demand - With this facility, you don’t have to worry about the due dates on your bills, especially if you are constantly on the move. You can use your credit card to pay your utility bills on a need basis.
To avail a BDO JCB Gold Credit Card you must fulfill the below mentioned criteria:
- The applicant must have a landline phone in the Philippines.
- The office or residence address of the applicant must be in an area where a BDO branch is located.
- The applicant’s minimum annual income requirement is Php 420000.
- The applicant must be between 21 to 70 years of age for a principal card holder.
- The minimum age required for someone to hold a supplementary card is 13 years old.
- The applicant must be a resident Filipino or a foreigner who has been living in the Philippines for the last two years.
- The applicant must be a salaried employee, self-employed with a business operating for at least 2 years or a professional in a particular field.
The documentation requirements while applying for a BDO JCB Gold Credit Card are different for different sets of people.
Applicants who do not possess a credit card must submit the following documents:
- A valid proof of income.
- A valid proof of identity issued by the government.
- Applicants who are employed/ salaried employees are required to present a copy of their latest BIR form 2316 along with the original certificate of employment that states the applicant's income and designation and a copy of their latest salary slip.
- Self employed applicants are required to provide:
- A copy of the registration of the business name. For single proprietorship, it must be issued by DTI. For Corporations and Partnerships, it must be issued by SEC.
- A copy of the latest ITR and W4 along with the Bank Stamp.
- Bank statements of the last 3 months and
- Audited financial statements of the last 2 years.
Applicants who already have a credit card must submit a photocopy of the following documents:
- The front of the already existing credit card.
- The front and back of a valid government issued ID proof with the applicant's signature and photograph.
- Latest BIR Form 2316 signed by the employer.
- A credit card charge slip that is not more than 30 days older than the date of transaction.
Foreigners must submit the following documents while applying for the BDO JCB Gold Credit Card:
- The certificate of employment or employment contract
- If the Embassy is official, then a letter a letter from the Embassy.
- A copy of any one of the following documents:
- Resident visa and a valid passport
- Valid visa and work permit.
- ACR or ACR-1 or ICR
- Resident Visa of the Special Investor.