BDO JCB Gold Credit Card
Banco de Oro, also known as BDO or BDO Unibank, is one of the largest banks in the Philippines. It provides customers will a full range of financial products and services – from loans and credit cards to insurance and investment. It is a member of the SM Group. BDO credit cards are customised to offer the best in every category to Filipinos. The JCB Gold card is a lifestyle credit card with wonderful offers and rewards.
BDO JCB Gold Credit Card Promotions
The following promotional offers will make owning the BDO JCB Gold card worth every penny:
- Get a discount of 12% on tuition fees when you join the Australian College of Hair Design & Beauty (ACHDB) Manila’s full courses for a maximum of 12 months term. You have to choose the Absolutely 0% instalment plan to get this discount. Valid until 30th April, 2017.
- When you shop with your BDO Credit Card at SM Appliance Centre, you can earn three raffle entries for every P1,000 spent. The offer is available up to 30th April, 2017.
- If you book the tickets for a holiday trip on instalment with your BDO JCB Gold Credit Card, you can save up to 50% along with a billing holiday of one month through the at Absolutely 0% instalment plan. This is valid till 31st May, 2017.
- Purchases made on 0% instalment plan up to 31st May, 2017 at shoe and bag stores can get you special discounts and free gifts.
- Save 15% on Samsonite and Samsonite Red regular-priced items when you buy with your BDO JCB Gold Card until 30th April, 2017.
- City of Dreams, Manila, gives you a concession of 20% on food bills of P3,000 or more at Red Ginger and Wave Restaurant, and 20% off your food bill of P5,000 or more at Nobu Restaurant and Crystal Dragon. This offer is valid until 20th December, 2017. There are several other offers on hotel accommodation, wellness packages and entertainment at City of Dreams.
Features of BDO JCB Gold Credit Card
The key features of this card are:
- Membership fee discounts: The JCB Gold Card comes with an annual fee waiver for the first year for primary cards and permanent waiver for supplementary cards. The annual fee for the primary card is waived for the following year if you spend at least P180,000 on the card in a given year.
- Global acceptance: The BDO JCB Gold Credit Card can be used across the world in more than 275 countries.
- Instalment payment plans: Your purchases can be converted to instalments of 3 to 36 months through EasyPay Instalment or EasyPay Convert schemes. The minimum transaction amount is P3,000. Express Pay can be used for online purchases. Under these plans you don’t have to pay any interest on the instalment payments.
- Utility bill payment: You no longer need to worry about not remembering the due dates of your utility bills. Using the auto-charge option, you can link your utility bills to your BDO JCB Gold Card and the bill amount will be paid automatically. You could also choose the Charge-On-Demand service, and load money to your utility bills as per your needs.
- 24x7 customer service: You can call the BDO Customer Contact Centre on 631-8000 or 1-800-10-6318000 any time you need assistance for any credit-card related queries.
- Credit card bill payment: You can pay your credit card bills with any of the following methods:
- At BDO Branch counters with cash or cheque
- Through BDO eBanking
- Via BDO Phone Banking at 631-8000
- At SM Bills Payment counters
Benefits of BDO JCB Gold Credit Card
- JCB Plaza Lounge access: The BDO JCB Gold Credit Card allows you to access the JCB Plaza Lounge in 9 major cities in the world. This means you can get free WiFi; store your luggage temporarily at the lounge; get travel and tourism information; make reservation for hotels and, restaurants, events and tours; access computers, and seek any card-related help.
- JCB Airport Lounge access: This card will allow you to enter the JCB Airport Lounges in Japan, China, Honolulu and Hawaii.
- Exclusive promotional offers: Being a BDO JCB Gold cardholder means that you will be able to get discounts, special deals and free gifts at partner stores both online and offline.
- You get one point for every P50 charged to your BDO JCB Gold Credit Card.
- The points do not expire and can be accumulated for as long as you want.
- These points can be redeemed for an exclusive reward of your choice from the rewards catalogue. The products on offer include gadgets, travel accessories and gift certificates from merchant partners.
Insurance Offered by BDO JCB Gold Credit Card
The BDO JCB Gold Card offers free travel insurance if you pay for your trip bookings with the card. You get Travel Accident Insurance cover of up to P5 million, Travel Inconvenience Protection of up to P1,250 for every 8-hour flight or baggage delay, of P30,000 for lost or damaged luggage and personal property, and medical expense reimbursement of up to P5,000.
With the BDO JCB Gold Credit Card, you can get not only a principal card but also supplementary cards for your loved ones. These supplementary cards are linked to the principal card, and all the perks available to principal cards are also available to supplementary cards. All the reward points earned by supplementary card members are transferred to the principal cardholder. There is no separate credit limit for supplementary cards – it is shared with the principal card.
To be eligible for getting the BDO JCB Gold Credit Card, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You must be between 21 and 70 years old to be the principal cardholder and a minimum of 13 years old to be a supplementary cardholder.
- Your gross fixed annual income has to be at least P420,000.
- You must be a Filipino citizen or a Philippine permanent resident for at least 2 years.
- You must either be a salaried person or a self-employed person with a business of at least 2 years.
- You must have at least one landline phone.
- Your residence or office should be within an area which has a BDO bank branch.
The following documents need to be presented by BDO JCB Gold Credit Card applicants:
- For those who already have a credit card:
- Latest credit card charge slip or latest credit card statement of account
- Copy of the card-face of the existing credit card
- Copy of at least one valid photo-identification document issued by an official authority. This includes:
- Driver’s Licence
- Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) ID
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Postal ID
- Voter’s ID
- Barangay Certification
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) E-card
- Social Security System (SSS) Card
- TIN ID
- Senior Citizen Card
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Seaman's Book
- Alien Certification of Registration/Immigrant Certificate of Registration
- Government Office (e.g. Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF)) IDs
- Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
- Company IDs issued by the private entities or institution registered or supervised or regulated either by the BSP, SEC or IC
- Copy of latest BIR Form 2316 signed by employer’s authorised representative for salaried persons
- Copy of latest ITR and W4 with BIR stamp for self-employed persons
- For salaried applicants without a credit card:
- Copy of latest BIR Form 2316 signed by employer’s authorised representative
- Original Copy of Employment and Income (COEI) indicating status, length of service and compensation breakdown
- Copy of the most recent salary slip
- Copy of at least one valid photo-identification document issued by an official authority as above
- For self-employed applicants without a credit card:
- Photocopy of Registration of Business Name
- Photocopy of ITR for the last two years and W4 and BIT/Bank Stamp
- Audited Financial Statements for the last two years
- Bank Statements for the last three months
- Copy of at least one valid photo-identification document issued by an official authority as above
- For foreigners who are permanent residents:
- Copy of Employment Contract or Certificate of Employment
- Letter from the Embassy (if you are an Embassy Official)
- Photocopy of any one of the following:
- Valid Passport with resident visa
- Work permit and valid visa
- Special investor’s resident visa and visas issued by the Philippine Economic Zone Authority or visa with E0226
- ACR or ICR or ICR-I
Fees and Charges
The following fees and charges apply on the BDO JCB Gold Card:
|Membership fee for primary card||P2,400 per year – waived for the first year. Annual fee is waived for the next year if you spend P180,000 in the previous year.|
|Membership fee for supplementary card||P1,200 per year – waived for lifetime|
|Monthly effective interest rate||3.25%|
|Minimum monthly payment||3% of the Outstanding Balance or P200, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||7% of the Overdue Amount|
|Cash advance fee||5% of amount withdrawn or P300, whichever is greater|
|Lost card replacement fee||P400|
|Foreign exchange conversion fee||2.5%|
How to apply for BDO JCB Gold Credit Card
You can apply for the BDO JCB Gold Credit Card in the following ways:
- Online through the bank’s website;
- By calling the BDO Customer Care Centre;
- By visiting any BDO bank branch.
You will have to give your personal and contact details, income information and all the supporting documents whether you’re applying online or at a bank branch.
Lost/Stolen Card Liabilities
BDO JCB Gold Credit Cards come with Lost Card Protection (LCP), under which the cardholder is not considered responsible for any fraudulent or unauthorised charges incurred on the card. But to avail the LCP feature, you need to report the loss or theft of the card to the BDO Customer Contact Centre as soon as possible. If the loss or theft is not reported, the cardholder will be liable to pay the bank the expenses incurred through the card even if the card was used by someone else and the signature was forged.
- BDO Diners Club International
- BDO Diners Club Premiere