Overview of BDO Platinum MasterCard
The BDO Platinum MasterCard is amongst the most popular credit cards in BDO’s line-up, offering a wide range of exciting benefits in the form of discounts and reward points. The card is certain to make your social experiences more lively, besides letting you conveniently pay for your purchases by converting your purchases, both online and offline, into easy, flexible monthly payments. Let us take a look at the features, benefits and interest charges of the BDO MasterCard credit card.
BDO Platinum MasterCard Promotions
- Get discounts of upto 10% when you make travel reservations using your card at Hotels.com, Agoda and AsiaTravel.com.
- Get a discount of up to 75% on KLOOK travel when you make use of your BDO credit card to make bookings.
- Travel promotions are valid up to 31 December, 2017.
- Enjoy amazing discounts of up to 50% at leading dining establishments in Philippines.
- Popular dining merchants include Mabuhay Palace, Mariott Hotels, Cafe Llang Llang, Champagne Room and Crowne Plaza Manila.
- Enjoy up to 50% discount at Spectrum on lunch and dinner buffets on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. On Sundays, enjoy a 50% discount on the buffet lunch.
- Dining promotions are valid up to 31 December, 2017.
Features and Benefits offered by the BDO MasterCard credit card
The BDO MasterCard credit card comes with some impressive features and benefits that will enthuse you! Here are the notable features of the card and the various benefits offered by it:
- Dining discounts
- Get stunning discounts of up to 50% when you use your card at participating merchants across Singapore. Also earn reward points and redeem them for a host of deals when you dine overseas and use your BDO Platinum MasterCard to make your bill payments.
- Instalment Program
- Through the Express Pay Instalment program, you can convert your purchases, especially your big-ticket purchases on shopping and travel into easy, flexible payments.
- The tenure of your instalment program can be stretched up to a period of 36 months.
- Even balance transfers from credit cards offered by other banks and other types of bill payments and fees can be converted into easy monthly payments.
- Complimentary Airport Lounge Access
- As a BDO Platinum MasterCard credit cardholder, you get complimentary airport lounge access at over 600 airports across the globe. In order to avail the facility, you have to make your travel bookings through your BDO Platinum MasterCard credit card.
- Annual membership fees
- The card is a free-for-life card and does not attract an annual membership fee for as long as the card is active.
- This waiver in membership fee is applicable if the total annual expenditure on the card exceeds P420,000.
- Cash advances
- You can use the BDO Platinum MasterCard credit card to make cash withdrawals at ATMs. Cash withdrawals are subject to a certain cash advance fee and interest charges.
Dual Currency Benefit:
- The BDO Platinum MasterCard offers the dual currency benefit of making transactions both in the Peso as well as the US Dollar. Transactions made overseas in USD will not be charged a currency conversion fee by the card association or the bank.
- Customers can earn 1 reward point for every P40 they spend using their card. Reward points can be earned on both local as well as overseas transactions.
- Reward points earned on purchases can be converted into air miles under BDO Platinum MasterCard’s rewards program! So, accumulate enough reward points and offset the expenses on your next flight ticket booking!
- The applicant should be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- The applicant should be a citizen of Philippines or a Permanent Resident.
- The minimum income requirement must be met by the applicant in order to be eligible to apply for the card.
- Proof of income - latest computerized payslips or Certificate of Employment or BIR form 2316 duly signed by an authorised representative of the company.
- Proof of residence - any government recognised identity document that has residential details in it. Passport, Voter’s ID or Driving License will do just fine.
- Identity document - Any identity document recognised by the government of Philippines.
Fee Details and Charges
Monthly Interest Rate (Effective Interest Rate)
Minimum amount due every month
3% of the monthly outstanding balance
Late payment charges
5% of the outstanding balance, or P300, whichever is higher.
Annual card membership fee
Lost card replacement charges
Cash advance fee
5% of withdrawn amount or P300, whichever is greater.
How to apply for the BDO Platinum MasterCard?
If you wish to apply for the BDO MasterCard, you can visit the official BDO website and place an online request by filling out the online application form. You will also need to submit your supporting documents indicating proof of your identity and income, following which a representative from BDO will get in touch with you and help you complete any pending application formalities. Once done, the bank will process and review your credit card application and you will receive your credit card within 10 working days.
Lost or stolen card liabilities
If you have lost your credit card or your credit card has been stolen, you can report the loss of your card by contacting the bank’s customer service center at 1-800-10-6318000. You will have to provide details of your credit card and also provide information on the most recent transactions performed on your card. The bank will subsequently block your credit card, disallowing any further transactions to take place on your card.
- BDO Diners Club International
- BDO Diners Club Premiere