Overview BDO ShopMore MasterCard
BDO is the largest full-service bank in the Philippines. BDO offers a vast array of products and services which include credit cards, foreign exchange, investment banking, BDO insurance brokerage, housing loan and stock brokerage, private banking, finance and leasing, corporate cash management and remittances in the Philippines.
The BDO ShopMore MasterCard is the one stop destination for all shopping lovers. This card promises more rewards and great shopping value. Not only do you receive a free SM Advantage Card which rewards you with 1 point for every Php200 you spend with SM Retail Affiliates and their partner establishments but also a 5% rebate for a minimum spend of Php5,000 on SM’s 3-Day sale. You also get an additional 10% discount if you shop in the first two hours on the first day of the sale.
Features & Benefits of BDO ShopMore MasterCard
- Low Monthly Membership Fee - The membership fee on the BDO ShopMore MasterCard is free for the first year and as low as Php75 per month or Php900 per year from the second year onwards.
- Easy Installment Programs
- Balance Transfer/Easy Transfer - Avail the lowest interest rates and save more by transferring your other credit card balances
- Tuition Assist/ EasyPay Cash - You can reimburse cash purchases and pay for your school and tuition expenses up to at least P5,000 in convenient installments
- EasyPay Convert - You can use your BDO credit card to receive attractive installment schemes at your favorite store with this feature. To convert any of your purchases of minimum P3,000 you can call 631-8000 and talk to our customer care executive.
- Delights & Treats - Be assured that owing this credit card will only be delightful. Apart from the instant treats that you receive when you spend anywhere in the world, you also bag yourself exciting freebies, premium perks, privileges and irresistible discounts while you shop, dine and travel using your BDO ShopMore MasterCard.
- Payment of Bills - Logging on to www.bdo.com.ph or calling 631-8000 to use the Charge-On-Demand feature of BDO credit cards will allow you to charge all your utility bills on a need basis. This could be handy in times you are away for work or out of town on vacation and are unable to meet the due date to pay certain bills.
- 24x7 Customer Service - You are one step away from unparalleled customer service while you use the BDO ShopMore MasterCard. Credit card queries or help with modes of payment; it could be anything. Help is dialing one number away. Call 613-8000 to reach customer care for any queries that you may have.
- Payment Channels - There are various modes of payment for your bills. Here are some that you can choose based on your convenience:
- eBanking: Transact anywhere in the world at anytime through www.bdo.com.ph
- Phone Banking: Know your account details or pay for your credit card from your phone. Dial 613-8000.
- Call Center: You are one call away from debiting your bank account and paying for your card. All you have to do is, call 613-8000
- SM Bills Payment Counters: Another easy way to pay for your card.
- Globally Recognised and Accepted - BDO ShopMore MasterCard is accepted in over 275 countries and territories. This credit card is going to be your best travel buddy.
Easy Pay Installment - With this program enables you to purchase all kinds of items including clothes, accessories. furniture, gadgets or home appliances without any second thoughts because you can repay these bills over a span of 3 to 36 months in convenient installments. This is applicable for a single or accumulated purchase of Php3,000.You can use the EasyPay installment option at 0% interest and at affordable add-on interest rates every month.
Other Easy Pay Installment Programs
This card proves to be extremely beneficial if you detest standing in queues to pay your bills and if you have way too many due dates to follow. You can use the Auto-Charge feature of your BDO ShopMore credit card and enroll to pay for multiple utility bills at one go so that you have just one due date to remember.
BDO Bank Branch Counters: Cash and checks are accepted all all branches of the bank.
Cards that are globally accepted, i.e. Mastercards are always in demand and a card such as the BDO ShopMore MasterCard will only make your traveling and purchasing experience a breeze and one that is of value to you.
To apply for a BDO ShopMore MasterCard, the applicant -
- must have completed 21 years of age at the time of application and 70 years old for principal
- must be at least 13 years old for supplementary card holders
- must be a Filipino citizen or a foreigner who has held permanent residence for at least 2 years in the Philippines
- must have a minimum annual gross fixed income of P180,000
- must be a salaried employee or own a business that is operating for at least 2 years
- must have a landline phone and the residence or office address of the applicant must be within a location where a BDO branch is situated
Requirements for Existing Credit Card Holders
If you already possess a credit card, photocopies of the following documents will suffice -
- Front side of any existing credit card
- Latest credit card statement or a credit card charge slip that is not 30 days older than the last transaction
- Front and back of a valid ID Proof, signed and along with a photo which is sealed and issued by an official authority. These proofs could be a driver’s license, police clearance, Voter’s ID, postal ID, Passport etc.
- If employed, you need the latest BIR form 2316 signed by an authorised representative of the employer
- In case of being self-employed, you need the latest ITR and W4 with BIR Stamp
For Applicants without An Existing Credit Card
For first time applicants, here are a list of documents that you need:
- Proof of income
- If you are employed, you will need a copy of latest BIR Form 2316 attested or signed by your employer and a copy of your latest payslip or an original copy of Certificate of Employment and Income
- If you are self-employed, the mandate documents are:
- Copy of the Registration of Business Name
- Issued by DTI for sole proprietorship
- Issued by SEC for partnership
- Copy of latest ITR and W4 with BIT Stamp
- Bank statements for the last 3 months OR
- Financial statements of the last 2 years
- Copy of the Registration of Business Name
- Proof of Identification
Below is a list of documents required by a foreign national to apply for the BDO ShopMore MasterCard:
- Passport and resident visa or work permit and valid visa or special investor’s resident visa
- Letter from the embassy
- Certificate of employment or employment contract
- Philippine Economic Zone Authority or Visa with EO226, ACR or ICR or ACR-1
More read on BDO Credit Card
Find out all you need to know about BDO’s Credit and Cash Cards. A BDO Cash Card is more of an electronic debit card which is prepaid and reloadable. With a BDO Cash Card, you receive the convenience of an ATM Card, and do not have to open a deposit account for the same.
Receive free welcome gifts and goodies with your New Bench MasterCard. On spending Php 5,000 anywhere with your New Bench MasterCard, you will receive a Shopping Privilege of Php 1000 in any Bench/Partner Global Brand. What’s more?
If you are new to the world of credit cards and looking forward to explore various options, benefits and features related to it than find a perfect card for you by checking out the “Best credit cards for startes in Philippines”.
Once you do decide to get a credit card for yourself, it can be quite a tiring experience if you do not keep tsome of the points in mind before and after applying for it.
Banco de Oro or BDO was established in 1968, and is currently one of the foremost banks of Philippines offering a wide range of services and banking products. It is the largest bank within the Philippines in terms of loans, assets and deposits and is owned by the SM Group of Companies
- What is the fee for the Principal and Supplementary BDO ShopMore MasterCard?
- Are there different modes of payment for this fees?
- What is the monthly effective rate of interest on this card?
- What is the minimum payment option that I can avail on the BDO ShopMore MasterCard?
- Is there a late payment charge I will incur if I fail to pay my dues on time?
The fee on the BDO ShopMore MasterCard is as follows:
|BDO ShopMore MasterCard||Principal Card||Supplementary Card|
|Fee (per month)||Php75||Php50|
Yes. There are 2 ways in which you can pay this fee. You can pay it monthly or annually based on your convenience.
The monthly effective rate of interest on the BDO ShopMore MasterCard is 3.50%.
The minimum amount that you have to pay at the billing cycle every month is Php 200 or 3% of the outstanding amount, whichever is higher.
Yes. The late payment charges are Php 300 or 5% of the total outstanding amount, whichever is higher.
More Read on BDO Credit cards