BDO or Banco de Oro is one of the largest banks within the Philippines and was established in the year 1968 as Acme Savings, a thrift bank. This bank is a member of the SM Group of Companies, owned by Henry Sy. As part of its banking portfolio, the various products offered by Banco de Oro are investment related, remittances and more importantly a range of credit cards that caters to every need of Filipinos of all age groups. One of the prominent ones is the Standard MasterCard.
About the Standard MasterCard by Banco de Oro
This card is advertised as being an everyday card for Filipinos and one that is versatile. The following are the features of this card.
‘Credit Card Points Redemption Program’
Through this option, customers have the chance to earn a single point every time P50 is charged to their BPO Standard MasterCard Credit Card. These points can then be exchanged for a host of exciting gifts available in the Redemption Catalogue by BPO Credit Card Points.
‘EasyPay In-store Installment’
BDO Standard MasterCard credit card users have the opportunity to purchase all their high end and luxury goods thanks to this plan. They can also avail 0 percent interest or monthly add-on interest rates at partner merchants that are affordable with tenures of up to 6 months. Other similar programs can also be utilized to manage finances more easily and savings such as Convert and Balance Transfer and EasyPay cash.
Customers can avail discounts at partner sites when they use their BDO Standard MasterCard to shop online.
Benefits of the BDO MasterCard
Customers need not pay the membership fee for the first year.
EasyPay Installment offer
Through this offer, customers can pay for all the furniture, appliance, gadgets, apparel of their choice without worrying about the cost. Through this installment option, customers can purchase whatever they require from more than 10,000 partner merchants throughout the Philippines. Installment terms between 3 to 36 months can be chosen on both single and multiple purchase amount of P3000.
Other benefits offered through this scheme are as follows -
- 0% rate of interest
- Affordable and convenient monthly add on rates of interest
- In addition to this, when customers avail offers from the ‘Buy Now Pay Later’ option, they will be able to receive installment terms that have been extended.
Other Installment options from EasyPay
Other offers include the following -
- Transfer of balance
- Extremely low rates of interest
- Assistance with tuition fee
- Customers can pay for their college or school expenses or they can get their cash purchases worth a minimum of P5000 reimbursed at economical interest rates.
- EasyPay convert
- Customers also have the option of getting installments using their BDO Standard MasterCard on purchases worth a minimum of P3,000.
Online shopping with BDO Standard MasterCard
Customers can readily shop online through this card thanks to its various features.
- Customers can experience secure online shopping due to the presence of a virtual card that is designed for specifically for online use. Virtual cards come with a different number to protect the regular card and credit line.
- By contacting the BDO customer care, customers can convert their online purchases into installments and avail 0% and ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ installment option at certain websites.
- In addition to the above, customers can also avail discounts, deals and perks when they use their BDO Standard MasterCard at partner merchants.
Customers can enjoy privileges, discounts, perks and other offers by using their BDO Standard MasterCard whether they are dining, shopping or traveling.
Every time customers use their BDO Credit Card to purchase anything, they stand a chance to receive instant treats in addition to the points they earn.
Customers need not worry about paying bills when they travel, as they can utilize the ‘Charge-On-Demand option and pay their bills whenever required.
In addition to this, individuals do not have to go through the hassle of remembering the due dates for their bill payment. The Auto-Charge facility by BDO allows customers to enroll many utility bills to their BDO Standard MasterCard so that they will have not have to go through the hassle of remembering multiple dates.
BDO Standard MasterCard credit card users can access the customer service at any time from anywhere.
Customers can access various payment channels such as BDO branch counters, Phone banking, etc.
The BDO Standard MasterCard is accepted all over the world in more than 275 countries.
Eligibility and Documentation required for BDO Standard MasterCard
In order to be eligible to procure the BDO Standard MasterCard, customers must meet the following requirements -
- Individuals must be between the ages of 21 to 70 years and for supplementary card holders, the minimum age requirement is 13 years.
- Individuals must have at least one landline phone connection.
- Individual must be a citizen of Philippines or if he/she is a foreigner then, he/she must be residing in the Philippines for at least the previous two years.
- The individual must be employed, if he/she is self-employed then his/her business must be in operation for at least 2 years.
- A branch of BDO must be located near the office or residential address of the individual.
- Minimum gross annual income required is P180,000.
The following documents are required by customers who already have existing credit cards
- A photocopy of the customer’s most recent BIR Form 2316 or W2 that is signed by the authorized representative of the employer. For those who are self-employed, a copy of the most recent ITR is required.
- Photocopy of the credit card statement of account of the previous two months.
- In case the customer is a TU Bureau member or subscriber, then they will have to provide the first six and the last four digits of their credit card along with the type of credit card, issuer and date of expiry.
- A photo ID, such as Driver’s license, passport, Voter’s ID, Government Service Insurance System or GSIS e-card, Senior Citizen Card, etc. In case, customers do not possess the above ID’s then they can provide an ID that is issued by the Government of Philippines.
The following is for customers who do not possess credit cards
- Proof of income
- Employed Individuals
- A photocopy of the most recent BIR Form 2316 which has been signed by the authorized representative of the employer and any one of the following -
- Self-employed customers
- Photocopy of the Business Name Registration
- Photocopy of the most recent W4 and ITR with Bank Stamp/BIT
Similar to the one required by applicants who have existing credit cards.
The following is for foreigners
- Copy of the contract of employment or employment certificate
- If embassy is official then a letter from the embassy
- Any one of the following -
- Valid Visa and work permit
- Resident Visa and Valid passport
- ACR -1 or ICR or ACR
- Visa with EO226 or Visa’s Philippine Economic Zone Authority and Special Investor’s Resident Visa
The BDO Standard MasterCard is useful for a lot of people and can also be easily procured by all Filipinos.