Overview of BDO UnionPay Gold
A customized credit card from BDO which offers wide access in China and provides dual currency billing options in Peso (local purchases) and Dollar (international purchases). This card is perhaps one of the most cost effective card in the country in terms of the annual fees billed as it comes free for the first three years. The Annual Fee remains waived on the Primary as well as Supplementary cards for the first three years.
Therefore, if you’re looking for a card that finds international acceptance along with a range of features and benefits at low fees and charges, the BDO UnionPay Gold card is the ideal deal for you.
Features & Benefits
Billing in Dual Currency
If you travel frequently to international destinations and use credit cards often to pay for purchases, this card offers you the benefits of billing international purchases in US Dollar and local transactions in Peso. This way, you don’t have to confused about sorting purchases in various currencies or converting them manually during bill payment.
No Annual Fee for Life
No hassles of paying the Annual Fee for the first three years as it remains waived for the Primary card and for up to 4 Supplementary cards. If the net purchases exceed P180,000 in subsequent years, the membership fee is automatically waived. Plus, the first Supplementary Card comes free for life.
Complimentary Travel Insurance
Like all BDO Credit cards, the UnionPay Gold holders are entitled for a free Travel Insurance coverage of up to P5 million which includes Travel Inconvenience coverage of up to P1,250 and up to P30,000 towards loss of baggage and personal effects. This insurance is available every time you charge travel related expenses to this credit card.
EasyPay Installment Option
Purchase your favorite articles and gadgets without having to worry about paying high interest charges on the credit card. With this card, you can buy from over 10,000 partners nationwide and convert them into installments of your choice. Just make sure the purchase value is atleast P3,000. The available installment options are 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 and 36 months at 0% interest rate. This program is valid for both single or accumulated purchases of the required value.
Balance Transfer from Other Cards
Move balances from other credit card where you’re paying high rate of interest to the BDO UnionPay credit card and payback in installments at low interest rates. This program helps immensely in saving interest charges, specially if you’ve large outstanding balances on other bank cards.
With this card, you can also convert large value purchases (P3,000 and above) made from stores outside the merchant network into installment payments by simply calling the dedicated customer service phone line and save money in terms of the overall interest charges paid. Plus, the EasyPay Cash/Tuition Assist program allows you to convert tuition fees/cash purchases into affordable installments plans by way of reimbursement.
By using your UnionPay credit card at partner stores, you can be eligible for discounts and rebates. Get access to a host of custom made deals across Philippines. In addition, you also get instant treats on top of the reward points earned.
Unique Bills Payment Service
The Charge on Demand bills payment service lets you charge payment of utility bills on a need basis. This facility can be availed by calling the dedicated customer service or by logging in to online banking service on the official portal.
On the other hand, the Auto Charge ensures the assigned utility bills are paid on time. Enroll multiple bills to the UnionPay Gold credit card, sit back and relax. The system automatically debit your card account on or before the due date to pay the assigned bill amount each month without the hassles of transacting manually.
Dedicated Customer Service Channels
Issues or queries relating to this credit card can be easily addressed by calling the 24-hour BDO Customer Contact Center on 631-8000 or 1-800-10-6318000 (Domestic Toll Free). Friendly representatives ensure timely resolution of issues on the card.
Multiple Payment Channels
BDO administers convenient channels to ensure you never run out of payment channels to pay your credit card bills. As a privileged credit cardmember, you can choose to pay at BDO Branch Counters by cash or check, use BDO eBanking to make payments online or call the BDO Phone Banking service to pay the bill by using a touch-tone phone.
The cardmember can also make the card payment at SM Bills Payment Counters.
The following requirements have to be met to be eligible for the BDO UnionPay Gold card.
- The applicant must be in the age band of 21-70 years. The proposed Supplementary card holder should be at least 13 years old.
- Should be a Filipino or a foreigner who has been residing in Philippines on a permanent basis for at least 2 years.
- Should have a landline phone with an active number.
- The applicant should be a regular employee or a self employed individual with business operations of at least 2 years.
- The minimum gross annual income of the applicant should be at least P420,000.
- The residence or office address of the applicant should fall within the limits of a BDO branch.
|Salaried and Self Employed Applicants - Carded||
• Copy of valid ID issued by a government agency.
• Latest credit card statement or recent most credit card charge slip of an existing card.
• Copy of front and back of an existing credit card.
• Copy of latest BIR form 2316 with employer’s signature or latest ITR (Income Tax Return) and W4 with BIR stamp for the self employed.
|Salaried and Self Employed Applicants - Uncarded||
• Copy of valid ID issued by a government agency.
• Latest BIR Form 2316 with signature of the employer along with original Certificate of Employment & Income.
• A copy of last month payslip.
• Registration of Business name issued by DTI or SEC.
• Latest Income Tax Return and W4.
• Last three months bank statement or last 2 years audited financial statements.
• Certificate of Employment or Employment Contract.
• If the applicant is an Embassy official, a letter from the Embassy should be produced.
• Copy of Valid Passport with Resident Visa or Work Permit with Valid Visa should be provided.
Interest Rate & Fees
The interest rate for this card is quite affordable. The table below will provide details of the basis fees and charges involved.
|Finance Charge||3.00 percent per month|
|Membership Fee for Principal Card||P2400 per annum|
|Membership Fee for Supplementary Cards||P1200 for each card per annum|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I redeem the accumulated reward points on my BDO UnionPay Gold credit card?
- Please list the category of rewards available for redemption.
- Can you please list the term options available under the EasyPay Installment program?
To redeem your rewards, visit the official website of BDO in the Philippines and navigate to the “Credit Cards” section. One of the menu option in this section is the “Credit Card Points Redemption”. By clicking on this link, you can find the available rewards. The reward points can be redeemed by mail, fax or phone.
You can find rewards across various categories such as Shopping, Health & Wellness, Travel, Prepaid Cards, Entertainment, Gadgets and Dining & Accommodation.
You can choose from 3, 6, 12, 18, 24 and 36 months to repay the bill amount assigned under this program.