Overview of BDO Visa Classic
With this rewards credit card, earn rewards points on all your purchases and redeem them for exciting gifts or use them to waive off your membership fees. Attractive promotions, features and benefits including heightened security measures, makes this classic credit card timeless.
BDO Visa Classic Promotions
1) CameraHaus Promotion:
This promotion is valid between March 8th, 2017 and June 30th, 2017.
Purchase a mirrorless camera and/or DSLR by spending a minimum of P25,000 through a 24 month instalment plan and get an HD Car Video Recorder for free.
- This promotion is applicable on active Visa principal and supplementary credit cards.
- Redeem your free gift by August 31st, 2017.
Features and Benefits
- Annual fee waived for the first year on principal and supplementary BDO Visa Classic Credit Cards.
- EasyPAY Instalment Program – Enjoy 0% interest on a minimum purchase of P3,000 through this instalment plan at more than 10,000 merchant outlets throughout the country.
- EasyPAY transfer – You can save on interest by consolidating all your other credit card balances with EasyPay transfer.
- EasyPAY Cash/Tuition Assist – Cover your tuition and other related expenses with EasyPAY Cash.
- 24 Hour Customer Service – You can call the BDO Customer Contact Centre 24 hours a day for assistance at 631-8000 or their Domestic Toll-Free Number at 1-800-10-6318000.
- Wide acceptance – The BDO Visa Classic Credit Card is accepted across the world.
- Earn 1 Credit Card Point per P50 that you spend on your credit card.
- You can accumulate your points and redeem them for exciting gifts from the Points Redemption Catalogue.
- Alternatively, you can also use your accumulated points to waive monthly/annual membership fee.
- Your earned Credit Card Points will not expire until the expiration of your credit card.
Insurance offered by BDO Visa Classic – Credit Guard
On using your BDO Visa Classic Credit Card, the bank offers you the following benefits for 1 year:
- Life Insurance.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment cover.
- Lost Card Protection.
You can get all the aforementioned covers on your BDO credit card at an affordable price from the bank. This insurance cover has been designed specifically for BDO credit cardholders by Manulife Philippines. You can contact their toll-free number at 1-800-8717-8400 or at (02) 7178400 to enroll immediately. With this cover, you will stay protected 24/7.
- Enjoy free membership for 1 year with a BDO Visa Classic supplementary card.
- Second year onwards, the monthly membership fee for this card is P62.50.
Security Feature on BDO Visa Classic – Virtual Card
The bank offers a free Virtual Card with the BDO Visa Classic Credit Card to exclusively use online. The Virtual Card will have a different card number from your regular credit card or credit line for increased protection.
Eligibility Criteria for BDO Visa Classic
1) Age criteria:
- Principal Cardholders – Between 21 years and 70 years old.
- Supplementary Cardholders – Minimum 13 years old.
2) Nationality criteria:
- Filipino citizens.
- Foreigners who are permanent residents for a minimum of 2 years in the Philippines.
3) Income criterion – Minimum annual income (gross) of P180,000.
4) Employment criteria:
- Regular employees.
- Self-employed with business operations of at least 2 years.
5) Applicants must have a minimum of 1 landline phone.
6) The applicant’s residence or office must be located within the vicinity of a BDO Bank branch.
Documents Required for BDO Visa Classic
1) Applicants who have an existing credit card:
- Latest statement of account for your credit card or a charge slip for your credit card. The statement of account/charge slip should not be older than 30 days from the transaction date.
- A copy of the front side of your existing credit card.
- A front and back copy of an ID proof document bearing your photo with a signature from an official authority such as:
- Driver’s license.
- PRC or Professional Regulations Commission ID.
- Police Clearance.
- NBI or National Bureau of Investigation Clearance.
- Voter’s ID.
- Postal ID.
- GSIS or Government Service Insurance System E-card.
- Barangay Certification.
- SSS or Social Security System Card.
- Senior Citizen Card.
- TIN ID.
- OWWA or Overseas Workers Welfare Administration ID.
- Alien Certification of Registration/Immigrant Certificate of Registration.
- Seaman's Book.
- Government Office such as AFP or Armed Forces of the Philippines.
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID.
- HDMF or Home Development Mutual Fund ID.
- NCWDP or National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons Certificate.
- DSWD or Department of Social Welfare and Development Certificate.
- Company IDs from private entities or BSP/SEC/IC issued ID’s for institutions.
- Any other ID issued by the Filipino Government or its instrumentalities.
2) Applicants who do not have a credit card:
- A front and back copy of an ID proof document bearing your photo with a signature from an official authority (any one from the list of acceptable ID proof documents listed above).
- Income proof for employed applicants:
- A copy of your most recent BIR Form 2316 bearing the signature of your employer and One of the following documents:
- An original COEI copy – Copy of Employment and Income which contains details regarding your status, a breakdown of your compensation and your length of service.
- A copy of your most recent monthly payslip.
- Income proof for self-employed applicants:
- A copy of your Registration of Business.
- A copy of your last 2 years ITR + W4 + Bank/BIR stamp.
- Your last 2 years audited financial statements.
- Your last 3 months bank statements (optional).
3) Foreigners must submit the following documents:
- A copy of your employment certificate or employment contract.
- If you an embassy official, then you must submit a letter from the embassy.
- One of the following photocopies:
- A valid passport with a resident visa.
- A work permit and a valid visa.
- Special investor’s resident visa and a visa with E0226 or a visa issued by the Philippine Economic Zone Authority.
- ICR or ICR-I or ACR.
Fees and Charges for BDO Visa Classic
Fees and Charges
Membership fee for principal card
P125 per month
Membership fee for supplementary card
P62.50 per month
MEIR or Monthly Effective Interest Rate
Fee for cash advance
P300 or 5% of the withdrawn amount, depending on whichever of the 2 is higher.
Processing fee for instalment
P300 or 5% of the remaining balance, depending on whichever of the 2 is higher.
The sum of:
• 3% of the outstanding balance or US$5/P200, depending on whichever of the 2 is higher.
• Overdue amount.
• 3% of instalment amortization.
• Over-limit amount.
Fee to replace lost card
P400 per card
How to Apply for BDO Visa Classic
You can apply for a BDO Visa Classic Credit Card online by visiting BDO Unibank Inc’s website. You will find the “Apply Now” option on the BDO Visa Classic webpage which will direct you to the BDO Credit Card Online Application Form. Fill in the required details on this form to successfully apply for this credit card.
Lost/Stolen Card Liability
If your BDO Visa Classic Credit Card has been lost or stolen, you must immediately report the loss/theft to the bank by contacting the BDO Customer Contact Centre number at 631 8000. As previously mentioned, your credit card comes with the Lost Card Protection feature (LCP) due to which you will not be held liable if your credit card has been used fraudulently. However, the LCP coverage will only begin once you have reported the loss/theft to the bank through the BDO Customer Contact Centre.
The bank will then block your credit card permanently and your account will be charged a card replacement fee of P400 for the issuance of a new credit card. You can get a replacement for your credit card at any of the issuing BDO Bank branches.
- BDO Diners Club International
- BDO Diners Club Premiere