Overview of BDO Visa Classic
A card designed to match your lifestyle by offering the best rewards and privileges to sync with the ever changing needs. The most outstanding benefit of having the BDO Visa Classic card is its Credit Card Points Redemption program which offers 1 point for every P50 you spend using this card. The accumulated points can be redeemed for a host of rewards from the catalogue and can also be used to offset various fees and charges on your card.
Plus, this card also comes free for the first subscription year. Therefore, if you’re looking for a standard card that comes laden with high reward points earning potential at affordable fees and charges, the BDO Visa Classic is the right card for you.
Features & Benefits
Waiver of Membership Fee for the First Year
Both Principal and Supplementary cards come free for the first subscription year as the Annual Membership Fee remains waived. You can go ahead and enjoy the best of privileges and deals without having to worry about this paying this fee.
Points Redemption Program
As stated earlier in this article, you get 1 Credit Card Point for every P50 spent using the Visa Classic card. These never expiring points can be used to redeem against articles from an elaborate rewards catalogue. You can also used the accumulated points to offset against monthly or annual membership fees.
EasyPay Installment Program
With this card, you don’t have to think twice about buying that favorite article/gadget of high value. Use the BDO Visa Classic credit card to buy goods valued P3,000 and above at partner stores and convert them into installment payments of 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 or 36 months at 0% interest rate. Plus, you can also be eligible for discounts at merchant locations which adds immense value to your purchase as it helps you save money.
Transfer of Balance from Other Credit Cards
If you have large outstanding balances from non-BDO credit cards, you can transfer them to the Visa Classic card and pay in installments at promotional rates. This program not only saves oodles of interest charges, but also offers you payment in installments so that you pay it off within a stipulated time.
EasyPay Cash/Tuition Assist Reimbursement Option
A one of its kind program unique to BDO, this program allows Visa Classic cardmembers to get school fees or cash purchases reimbursed and payback the amount in installments of your choice. The minimum amount eligible is P5,000.
EasyPay Convert For Non-Partner Purchases
The installment program is also extended to purchases of P3,000 from non-partner stores and merchants. Covert these purchases into installment payments where the cardmember can choose the term and pay at nominal rates.
Free Virtual Cards for Online Transactions
Along with the primary card issued for making retail purchases, BDO also provides virtual credit card, designed exclusively for making purchases online, over the internet. Linked to the main account, the virtual credit card has a different card number to help you to transact safely without worrying about the card information being compromised.
Online Deals & Treats
Enjoy a host of online treats and deals when this credit card is used at partner websites for purchases. As a privileged cardholder, you also qualify for freebies & discounts when you shop online.
Bills Payment Service for Utility Bills
With BDO, you don’t have to worry about the hassles of missing out utility bill payments. Pay them in two different ways using the BDO Visa Classic card. While the Charge on Demand facility lets you charge utility bills on a need basis by calling the customer service, the Auto Charge is a service where you can assign various bills on a monthly basis and auto charge the payment due on or before the due date. With these services, you will not have to remember multiple due dates and remit payments manually.
Round the Clock Customer Service
Credit card queries and issues can be easily addressed by calling the 24-hour BDO Customer Contact Center on dedicated lines. You can reach out for quality assistance by calling 631-8000 or 1-800-10-6318000 (Domestic Toll Free). You can get assistance for all types of queries and issues on your BDO Visa Classic card.
Wide Range of Payment Channels
You can pay your credit card bills at any of the multiple convenient channels BDO maintains for card payments. The cardmember can remit cash or check payments at BDO Branch Counters, pay through BDO eBanking where you can pay anytime from any part of the world, call BDO Phone Banking to pay through the touch-tone phone.
The cardmember can also use SM Bills Payment Counters to pay your Visa Classic bills.
- The applicant must be in the age band of 21-70 years. The proposed Supplementary card holder should be at least 13 years old.
- Should be a Filipino or a foreigner who has been residing in Philippines on a permanent basis for at least 2 years.
- The min. gross annual income of the applicant should be at least P180,000.
- Should be a full time employee drawing regular income or a self employed person with successful business operations for at least 2 years.
- The residence or office address of the applicant should fall within the vicinity of a BDO branch.
- Should have a landline phone with an active number.
|Salaried and Self Employed Applicants - Carded||
• Copy of valid ID issued by a government agency.
• Latest credit card statement or recent most credit card charge slip of an existing card.
• Copy of front and back of an existing credit card.
• Copy of latest BIR form 2316 with employer’s signature or latest ITR (Income Tax Return) and W4 with BIR stamp for the self employed.
|Salaried and Self Employed Applicants - Uncarded||
• Copy of valid ID issued by a government agency.
• Latest BIR Form 2316 with signature of the employer along with original Certificate of Employment & Income.
• A copy of last month payslip.
• Registration of Business name issued by DTI or SEC.
• Latest Income Tax Return and W4.
• Last three months bank statement or last 2 years audited financial statements.
• Certificate of Employment or Employment Contract.
• If the applicant is an Embassy official, a letter from the Embassy should be produced.
• Copy of Valid Passport with Resident Visa or Work Permit with Valid Visa should be provided.
Interest Rate & Fees
|Finance Charge (Interest Rate)||3.25 percent per month|
|Membership Fee for Principal Card||P125 per month|
|Membership Fee for Supplementary Cards||P62.50 per month|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a processing fee payable for conversion to installment payment plans?
- I would like to convert a large value purchase made from a non-partner store. Please provide details of the available installment plans.
- I just received my BDO Visa Classic in mail. How do I pay the Membership Fee?
There will be an upfront fee payable, depending on the type of conversion, to be communicated at the time of conversion.
You can choose from 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 and 36 to pay off the large value purchase.
The Membership Fee remains waived for the first subscription year. Otherwise, the fee is billed to the card account which will reflect in the subsequent bill, payable along with other transactions.