Banco de Oro is one of the most important banks in the Philippines and offers a number of banking products as part of their portfolio. It is a part of the SM Group of companies owned by tycoon Henry Sy. One of the most popular products offered are credit cards. A number of credit cards are available with a whole host of benefits and features suitable for every Filipino. One of the most popular cards available for them is the BDO Visa Gold credit card.
Overview of the BDO Visa Gold credit card
Visa Gold Exclusive
‘2x Credit Card Points on all entertainment and dining purchases’
Customers can celebrate all their golden moments with their BDO Visa Gold and receive double credit points in return for all qualified purchases throughout the year.
‘Golden Dining Privileges’
BDO Visa Gold credit card users can receive unique treats as they gourmet graze their way through some of the best hotels and restaurants that have partnered with BDO and enjoy exciting privileges and perks.
‘Golden Entertainment Privileges’
Customers can avail fantastic savings on their ticket prices while watching international performers and the latest movies.
‘Golden Travel Privileges’
BDO Visa Gold credit card holders can enjoy exciting holidays and getaways at some of the finest resorts and hotels that have partnered up with BDO.
‘Free Travel Insurance Coverage’
Each time customers charge their travel expense to their BDO Visa Gold credit card when they travel abroad, they have the option of receiving a maximum of P5 million Travel Accident and Inconvenience Insurance at no additional cost.
Benefits of the BDO Visa Gold credit card
- EasyPay Installment
- Other EasyPay Installment Options
- Secure via Virtual card
- Lighter via Online Installment
- More enjoyable via Exclusive Online Deals and Online Treats
- Charge on Demand
- Auto Charge
Customers have the option of purchasing the items of their choice, ranging from gadgets, furniture, clothes and others through the EasyPay Installment program and banish all worries about paying for expensive items. Customers have the option of paying for the same through easy installments of 3 to 36 months for an accumulated or single purchase of P3000. This offer can be availed through many options such as Absolute 0% Interest, through affordable and easy add on monthly interest rates.
Customers can avail some of the lowest rates of interest when they transfer their balances from other credit cards to their BDO Visa Gold credit card.
Tuition Assist/EasyPay cash
Customers can pay for tuition expenses or reimburse their cash spends worth a minimum of P5000 at economical installment plans.
Customers can avail installment options at any store thanks to their BDO Visa Gold which allows them to convert purchases worth a minimum of P3000 into installments. However, transactions from supermarket, grocery stores and drugstores are not applicable.
Shop Online with BDO Visa Gold
Customers need not worry about online frauds while shopping as they can use a free virtual card designed for exclusive internet use.
Customers can convert any of their online transactions into economical installments by contacting the BDO Customer care number.
Customers can enjoy a number of exciting freebies, perks and discounts by using their BDO Visa Gold credit card at partner merchant sites.
Treats and Delights
Customers can get a wide range of delights and treats by using their BDO Visa Gold credit card at partner stores.
‘Payment of Bills’
Customers need not worry about paying their bills when they are out of town as the Charge-On-Demand facility allows them to pay their bills on a need basis.
Through the Auto Charge facility, customers need not worry about due dates and make easy and hassle free bill payments.
‘24 hour Customer Service’
Customers can contact the BDO Customer Center at all times from anywhere for any query.
There are a number of payment channels available such as Phone Banking, eBanking, Branch counters etc.
The BDO LausAutoGroup MasterCard credit card is accepted all over the world, in more than 20 million places and 275 territories and countries.
Eligibility and Documentation required for the BDO Visa Gold credit card
- The customer must be between 21 to 70 years old and supplementary cardholders must be at least 13 years old.
- Customer must be a citizen of the Philippines; if the customer is a foreigner then he/she must be a permanent resident of the country for the previous 2 years.
- Minimum annual income (Gross fixed) required is P420,000.
- Customer must be employed; if he/she is self-employed then the business must be in operation for a minimum of two years.
- Customer must possess a landline phone.
- A BDO branch must be present close to the office or residential address.
Applicants with existing credit cards
Photocopy of the following documents -
- Front of an existing credit card
- Most recent credit card statement of account or credit card charge slip
- For those who are employed - a photocopy of the most recent BIR Form 2316 that is signed by the employer’s authorized representative and for those that are self employed - a photocopy of the most recent W4 and ITR with BIR Stamp.
- Front and back of an ID with photo and signature that is signed and issued by an official authority such as Driver’s License, Passport, Police Clearance and others.
Applicants without existing credit cards
Photocopy of the following
- Proof of income
- For employed individuals -
- either the original Employment certificate copy or photocopy and most recent payslip.
- Photocopy of the most recent BIR Form 2316 that is signed by the authorized representative of the employer and
- Photocopy of the most recent W$ and ITR with Bank Stamp/BIT
- Photocopy of registration of the name of business
- Employment certificate or copy of contract of employment
- If the embassy is official then a letter from them
- Photocopy of one of the following
- Valid Visa and Work Permit
- ACR or ICR or ACR -1
- Resident Visa and Valid Passport
- Special Investor’s Resident Visa and Visa Philippine Economic Zone Authority or Visa with E0226