Overview of BDO Visa Gold Credit Card
BDO is among the leading financial institutions in Philippines. This reputed full service bank offers a wide array of banking products such as deposits, corporate wealth management, foreign exchange brokering, loans, and credit card. BDO has a wide distribution network that has 3,500 ATMs and 1,100 branches spread across the country. The Visa Gold is a popular rewards credit card offered by BDO. This card is packed with value added features such as complimentary insurance cover, exclusive deals and discounts and instalment plans to help manage large purchases. The features of the BDO Visa Gold credit card are as follows.
Features and Benefits
- The card is a rewards card that earns reward points for every expense charged to the card.
- Cardholders can enjoy exclusive dining privileges at all participating merchant outlets.
- The card provides a complimentary travel accident and inconvenience insurance which provides a cover of up to P5 million on all airfare purchased solely using the card.
- The card offers value added benefits such as an easy instalment plan with 0% interest with tenure options of 3, 6, 9, 12, 24, and 36 months. Cardholders need to make a minimum purchase of P3,000 on a single receipt to qualify for the easy instalment plan.
- Cardholders can also apply for a balance transfer plan to help manage their outstanding credit card balances accrued on other bank credit cards.
- Cardholders can pay tuition fees amounting to over P5,000 using their card through the Tuition Assist instalment plan that converts the charge into affordable instalments.
- Cardholders can convert qualifying online purchases into affordable instalments.
The card is a rewards card that earns points on every expense charged to the card at the rate of 1 point for every P50 charged to the card. The Visa Gold card earns twice the number of points making the rate of earning to 2 points for every P50 charged to the card.
The double points are accumulated for a period of 3 months and credited to the cardholders’ account within 30 days from the end of every calendar quarter.
Local and overseas expenses qualify to earn reward points.
Insurance Offered by BDO Visa Gold card
- The Visa Gold card offers a complimentary travel accident and inconvenience insurance policy that provides a cover of up to P5 million provided the airfare is purchased solely using the card. The policy covers cases of accidental death and total permanent disablement. The policy also provides cover for loss of baggage and delay of baggage among other travel inconveniences.
- The policy provides cover for the primary cardholder and his/her dependents. Dependents include legal spouse who has not crossed the age of 75 years and any children who have not yet attained the age of 18 years.
The BDO Visa Gold cardholders get a free Virtual Card. This card comes with a credit line and credit card number different from the principal credit card. The card is designed to make online shopping a safer experience and prevent fraudulent attacks.
- The applicant must have attained a minimum age of 21 years
- The applicant cannot exceed the maximum age of 70 years.
- Supplementary cardholders must attain a minimum age of 13 years.
- The applicant must be a citizen of the Philippines or a foreigner who has attained permanent resident status and has been residing in the Philippines for the last 2 years.
- The applicant can be salaried or self-employed. Self-employed applicants need to have a business that has been in operation for at least 2 years.
- The applicant must earn a minimum annual income of P420,000.
The documents required at the time of submitting the application depends on the nature of the applicant.
For applicants with existing credit cards
- A copy of the credit card charge slip that is not older than 30 days from date of transaction or a copy of the latest credit card statement.
- A copy of the front of existing credit card
- A front and back copy of a valid ID that displays photo of the applicant as well as their signature. Qualifying IDs are passport copies, driver’s license, Voter's ID, Postal ID and other valid IDs issued by the government and its valid associated institutions.
- For self-employed applicants with existing credit cards, the applicants should also provide a copy of their latest ITR and W4 with the BIR stamp. For salaried applicants, a copy of the latest BIR Form 2316 signed by the employer is required.
For new salaried applicants
- A copy of the latest BIR Form 2316 signed by the employer.
- A copy of the certificate of employment disclosing number of years of service and breakdown of compensation.
- A copy of the latest payslip.
For new self-employed applicants
- A copy of valid ID.
- A copy of the business registration certificate
- A copy of the latest ITR and W4 with the BIR stamp.
- A copy of the latest bank statements dating back at least 3 months.
For foreign applicants
- A copy of the applicant’s passport and visa
- A copy of the applicant’s valid work permit and visa
- A copy of the letter or contract of employment.
Fees and charges
P2,400 for principal credit card and P1,200 for Supplementary card. The annual fee for the first year is waived.
Effective rate of interest (Monthly)
3.25% for Principal card and 2.50% for supplementary card.
Cash Withdrawal fee
P300 or 5% of the amount withdrawn, whichever is higher.
Minimum monthly payment
P200 or 3% of the outstanding balance, whichever is higher plus any amount exceeding the credit limit.
Foreign Exchange Conversion rate
An administrative fee of 1% plus an additional 1% charge imposed by Visa/MasterCard/JCB/UnionPay
Late payment fee
For principal credit card, the fee is the higher of 5% of the overdue amount or P300. For supplementary credit cards, the fee is the higher of 4.5% of the overdue amount or US$6
How to Apply for BDO Visa Gold card
You can apply for a BDO Visa Gold card through the following ways:
- Applying online: New or existing BDO cardholders can get the BDO Visa Gold card by submitting the online application forms available on the BDO website. This paperless process involves the borrower having to fill out the application form and submit it along with the supporting documents required.
- Applying through a BDO branch: Borrowers can also get the credit card by visiting any of the banks’ participating branches and filling out the necessary application forms. The borrower will have to carry with them any supporting documents pertaining to their identity proof or income criteria.
How to Report stolen/Lost cards
Cardholders must report any loss of card immediately. If the card has been lost or stolen, cardholders are required to report the same to BDO at the earliest. Doing so will relieve the cardholder from any fraudulent transactions carried out on their card. A fee of P250 is charged for replacing lost cards. Cardholders can report the loss of card by calling the BDO 24 hour customer helpline at 631-8000 or 1-800-10-6318000 (this number is a domestic toll free number).
- BDO Diners Club International
- BDO Diners Club Premiere