Overview of BPI Amore Visa Platinum
A premium lifestyle credit card, the BPI Amore Visa Platinum Credit Card is your ultimate shopping companion. With this card, you will get special privileges and benefits at your favourite shops and restaurants, while earning rebates and additional perks.
BPI Amore Visa Platinum Promotions
Luxe Cuisines promotion:
- Runtime – This is an ongoing that is valid until April 30th, 2017.
- 20% discount on the a la carte menu at Nobu Restaurant, The Tasting Room and Crystal Dragon on a minimum bill of P5,000.
- 20% discount on the best available room rates at Crown Towers and Nobu Hotel.
- Promo Mechanics – Blackout dates are applicable.
BPI-affiliated merchants’ promotion:
- Runtime – This is an ongoing promotion valid until communicated otherwise by BPI Bank.
- Particulars – Enjoy up to 4% rebates on BPI-affiliated merchants’ at Ayala Malls.
- Promo mechanics – This promotion is only applicable on transactions swiped at BPI POS terminals.
Features and Benefits of BPI Amore Visa Platinum
- Get freebies and discounts at participating merchants at Ayala Malls.
- Enjoy unlimited use of the family and customer lounges.
- Get invited to special promotions and events.
- Enjoy Express Lanes when making ticket purchases at Ayala cinema.
- Get reserved seats during mall shows on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Security features on BPI Amore Visa Platinum
BPI Bank has put in place several security features on credit cards to offer enhanced protection to customers’ data.
Credit Card Transaction Validation:
- The Credit Card Fraud Control Team at BPI can randomly send you an SMS to confirm suspicious or unusual transactions/purchases.
- When you receive such messages, you must immediately validate the transaction by replying to the message or by calling the Credit Card Fraud Control Hotline.
- Get shopping rebates per P1,000 that you spend at Ayala Malls, BPI-affiliated merchants.
- Earn up to P25,000 rebates every year.
- Get 5% off when purchasing tickets at Ayala cinema.
- You can apply for a maximum of 6 BPI Amore Visa Platinum Supplementary Cards.
- There is no annual fee charged on the first supplementary card (it is free for life).
- The annual fee charged from the second supplementary card is P2,500.
BPI – One Time Password:
Starting January 2017, BPI has introduced and implemented OTPs or One Time Password on all online transactions made on your credit card. This security feature requires you to enter a unique 6-digit password for every online transaction that you make on your card. This password will be sent to you through your registered email ID or via an SMS to your registered mobile number. This will minimize the risk of any potential fraudulent transactions and authenticate your identity when you make online purchases.
Password Protection Features (for online banking):
To better protect your User ID and Password, the following are the password features when you use credit card for online banking:
- Your password must contain 6 to 12 alphanumeric characters.
- You cannot reuse your last 3 passwords.
- Password reset is subject to stringent verification or through ATM authentication.
- You need to pre-enroll with ATM or signature authentication.
- You will be logged-off if there is inactivity on your account for more than 5 minutes.
Eligibility Criteria for BPI Amore Visa Platinum
The minimum income requirement to apply for a BPI Amore Visa Platinum Credit Card is P2.4 million per year.
Documents required for BPI Amore Visa Platinum
You may be requested to submit one or more of the following documents to apply for the BPI Amore Visa Platinum Credit Card:
- A valid government issued ID Proof document.
- Last 3 months payslips.
- Employer’s Certification of Compensation Payment (BIR Form 2316).
- Any other document may be requested by the bank.
Fees and charges for BPI Amore Visa Platinum
Fees and charges
P2,500 (2nd card onwards)
P500 or 3% of the withdrawn amount, depending on whichever of the 2 is higher
Foreign currency conversion
0.75% of the amount converted + 1% Visa assessment fee
Late payment fee
6% of the amount due or P500, depending on whichever of the 2 is higher
How to apply for BPI Amore Visa Platinum
You can apply for a BPI Amore Visa Platinum Credit Card online on the Bank of Philippine Islands official website. Upon visiting the website, navigate to the BPI Amore Visa Platinum webpage where you will find the option, “Get a BPI Credit Card Today”. Click on this link and follow the instructions to complete your application process.
Lost/stolen card liabilities
If you have lost your BPI Amore Visa Platinum Credit Card or it has been stolen, you must immediately contact the bank on their BPI Phone Banking number at 89-100. You can also call their domestic toll-free number at 1-800-18-89100. If you have lost your credit card abroad, then you can contact the bank at 632-89-10000 or any toll-free numbers available in the respective country listed under BPI Online Banking.
You must provide the following details regarding the incident:
- The place where the card was lost/stolen.
- The date on which the card was lost/stolen.
- The time when the card was lost/stolen.
- Circumstances leading to the incident.
- The last purchase made on the card before it was lost/stolen.
Upon reporting the loss/theft to the bank, you will have no financial liability on purchases, cash advances, penalties, interests and any other fees and charges incurred without your knowledge. However, if you fail to report the incident immediately, you will be deemed to have used your card fraudulently and the bank will be free from any claims and damages. You will be charged a fee of P400 to replace your credit card.