Overview of BPI Family Credit Card
The BPI Family Credit Card helps you in fulfilling your common needs. It not only covers the credit requirements of the family but is an affordable option as well. The cardholder can use this credit card and its latest features and benefits to take care of the day-to-day expenses of the entire family.
This card can accommodate as many as 6 supplementary cards for one family. The primary cardholder can set limits on every supplementary card and can also keep an eye on the expenses being made on the supplementary cards with the help of the electronic account statement that is sent out every month. These monthly account statements are sent to the cardholders via secured channels.
BPI Family Credit Card Promotions
- The cardholder can avail a discount worth 12% on tour packages and hotel bookings at Asiatravel.com. They can make the bookings through bit.ly/bpiatph. This offer is valid till January 21, 2018.
Features and Benefits
- Cardholders get a cash advance of up to 30% of the credit limit.
- They can avail an AMF waiver in the first year.
- Payment via this card is accepted by MasterCard-affiliated merchants worldwide as well as online.
- Cardholders will receive an electronic account statement every month via secured channels.
You can earn rewards points on shopping, utilities, dining, gas, insurance and entertainment expenses charged to the card.
The supplementary cardholder should be at least 13 years old. The principal cardholder may apply for supplementary card(s). It is completely in BPI's discretion to either approve or reject the application. The annual fee for the first supplementary cardholder is free for life. The annual fee for the second to the sixth supplementary cardholder is P500. However, the supplementary cardholder's reward points will get credited to the principal cardholder's account.
To improve the security of the cardholder's online purchases, BPI has been implementing the One-Time Password technology for their debit as well as credit cards starting January 2017. The OTP is an additional security feature that needs a 6-digit password to authorize all online transactions. The OTP is sent to the registered mobile number of the cardholder via SMS. This helps the cardholder in authenticating their identity while making a purchase online.
- The minimum annual income required for the applicant is P180,000.
- The minimum age required for the principal cardholder is 21 years.
- The minimum age required for a supplementary cardholder is 13 years.
Proof of identity:
The principal cardholder must submit a scanned copy of any two of these valid ID proofs- Passport, Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card, driver's license, Social Security System e-Card, postal ID or any identity card issued by a private organisation registered with either SEC, IS, or BSP.
Proof of income:
- Copies of latest Audited Financial Statements (AFS).
- Copies of latest Credit Card Statement.
- Copies of Income Tax Return (ITR).
For salaried applicants:
- Copies of the last two payslips.
- Copy of the contract of employment (for Filipinos working overseas) or the certificate of employment.
- Copy of the latest Income Tax Return (ITR).
- Copy of latest credit card statement.
Fees and charges
|Annual Fee for principal cardholder||P1,000|
|Annual Fee for 2nd to 6th Supplementary||Free for life for the first supplementary cardholder and P500 for the 2nd to the 6th supplementary card.|
|Monthly interest rate||2%|
|Late payment charge||6% of the outstanding balance|
|Advance cash handling charge||30% of the credit card limit|
|Advance cash handling fee||300 pesos or 4% of the outstanding balance, whichever is higher|
|Cash advance interest charged||2% per month|
How to apply for BPI Family Credit Card
You can apply for a BPI Family Credit Card in the following ways:
Applying through a BPI branch: Applicants can apply for the credit card by visiting any of the bank's branches and by filling out the necessary application form at the branch. The applicant must carry with them all the supporting documents related to their income as well as identity proof.
Online application: New or existing BPI cardholders can get the BPI Family Credit Card by submitting the online application forms available on the BPI website. This is a paperless process that gives the applicant the opportunity to fill out the application form online and submit it with the necessary documents.
To Report a Stolen BPI Family Credit Card:
Cardholders should immediately notify BPI in cases of lost or stolen credit cards. Cardholders can contact BPI by calling (02) 89-100 (Metro Manila) or calling the domestic toll-free number at 1-800-188-89100 (Outside Metro Manila) to report a lost card and request for a replacement card.
Lost card liabilities: After BPI is notified of the loss or theft of BPI Family card, the cardholder shall have no financial liability for purchases, availments and cash advances, including interests, penalties, fees or other charges, which were not made or incurred by the cardholder himself/herself or which were made or incurred without the cardholder’s knowledge.