Overview of BPI Edge MasterCard
The BPI Edge MasterCard promises a cutting-edge lifestyle with perks and discounts at shops and clubs. Use this credit card to keep in check with the current trends and earn points on purchases.
BPI Edge MasterCard Promotions
Browhaus and Strip Promotion:
- Runtime - This is an ongoing promotion that is valid until June 30th, 2017.
- Particulars - Get discounts of up to 70% on select services at Browhaus and Strip.
- Promo Mechanics - This promotion is applicable on straight and instalment credit card transactions.
American Tourister Promotion:
- Runtime - This is an ongoing promotion that is valid until May 31st, 2017.
- Particulars - Get a discount of 15% on regular priced products.
- Promo Mechanics - This promotion cannot be converted to cash or credit and is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
Features and Benefits of BPI Edge MasterCard
- Annual fee waived for the first year on the principal card.
- Annual fee waived for life on the first supplementary credit card.
- Get rewards and discounts at shops, restaurants and clubs.
- Reload your mobile phone and know your balance via SMS or BPI ATMs.
- Real Thrills Rewards Points - Earn 1 Point per P50 spent on your BPI Edge MasterCard.
- Redeem your earned points for Real Thrills Rewards across various categories including gadgets, travel, dining, home essentials, shopping indulgence and many more.
Supplementary BPI Edge MasterCards
- You can apply for up to 6 supplementary credit cards.
- The annual fee for the first supplementary credit card is perpetually waived, i.e. free for life.
- The annual fee for the second card onwards is P55 per month.
Email confirmation and alerts:
For all financial transactions that you carry out through BPI Express Online, you will receive a confirmation advice on your registered email address from the bank.
Credit Card Transaction Validation:
- BPI Bank’s Credit Card Fraud Control Team sends random SMS confirmations to validate and confirm suspicious or unusual transactions made on your credit card.
- When you receive such messages from the bank, you will be required to immediately validate the transaction. You can either reply to the message on the mobile number indicated on your SMS or call the Fraud Control Hotline.
- The bank encourages customers to update their contact information online regularly by logging into BPI Express Hotline or by calling 89-100. This will make it easier for the bank to reach you at any point in time for urgent confirmation of transactions.
User ID and Password Protection Features:
BPI Online banking has been made more secure through the following password features:
- Your password should contain between 6 and 12 alphanumeric characters.
- You cannot reuse your last 3 passwords.
- You need to pre-enroll with ATM or signature authentication.
- Password reset is subject to stringent verification or through ATM authentication.
- You will be logged-off if there is inactivity on your account for more than 5 minutes.
OTP or One Time Password:
Any online transaction that you make through your BPI Credit Card will be validated using an OTP or a One Time Password. This is a unique 6-digit password that will be sent to you to confirm all your online transactions. You will receive this password either through an SMS to your registered mobile number or through your registered email address.
BPI Bank has incorporated this enhanced security measure on online transactions starting from January 2017 as a way of minimizing the risk of potential fraudulent transactions and authenticate your identity when you make an online purchase.
Eligibility Criteria for BPI Edge MasterCard
The minimum annual requirement to apply for this credit card is P180,000.
Documents required for BPI Edge MasterCard
You may be requested to provide one or more of the following documents as per the bank’s discretion in order to successfully complete your credit card application process:
- A valid government issued ID Proof document.
- BIR Form 2316.
- Income Tax Return (ITR).
- Payslips for the last 3 months.
- Other financial documents if you are engaged in a business.
Fees and charges on BPI Edge MasterCard
|Item/Product||Fees and charges|
|Principal cardholder||P100 per month|
|Supplementary cardholder||P55 per month (2nd card onwards)|
|Cash advance||P500 or 3% of the withdrawn amount, depending on whichever of the 2 is higher|
|Foreign currency conversion||0.75% of the amount converted + 1% MasterCard assessment fee|
|Late payment fee||6% of the amount due or P500, depending on whichever of the 2 is higher|
How to apply for BPI Edge MasterCard
You can apply online to get the BPI Edge MasterCard. Visit the Bank of Philippine Islands official website and navigate to the BPI Edge MasterCard webpage. At the top of the page, you will find an option called “Get a BPI Credit Card Today”. Click on this option and follow the instructions by providing necessary information and complete your application process.
Lost/stolen card liabilities
If you have lost or misplaced your BPI Edge MasterCard, or it has been stolen, you must immediately contact BPI Bank and notify them regarding the incident. You can contact the bank through the following ways:
- BPI Phone Banking number at 89-100.
- Domestic toll-free number at 1-800-18-89100.
- Call on 632-89-10000 if you have lost your credit card overseas or on any other toll-free number available in the respective country listed under BPI Online Banking.
You must provide the following information when you notify the bank:
- The date, time and place where your credit card was lost/misplaced/stolen.
- Circumstances leading to the incident.
- The last purchase you made on your card before it was lost/stolen.
Once you have informed the bank regarding the incident, you will not be liable for any purchases, cash advances, penalties, interests and any other fees and charges made without your knowledge. However, if you do not inform the bank immediately, you may be deemed to have used your card fraudulently and the bank will be free from any claims and damages.
You will have to pay a replacement fee of P400 for the reissuance of your credit card.