Overview of BPI SkyMiles MasterCard
BPI is one of the popular banks in the Philippines Island. BPI offers numerous credit cards for different financial requirements of its customers. You can choose from a wide range of credit cards depending on your specific needs. BPI has partnered with Delta Air Lines to give you an amazing miles card. You can enjoy your travel experiences with the two miles cards offered by BPI and they include BPI SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard and BPI SkyMiles MasterCard. It is uniquely designed for travellers who take flights on a regular basis.
Features and Benefits
Let us discuss the features and benefits of a BPI SkyMiles MasterCard:
- You do not have to pay an annual maintenance fee (AMF) on this card for the first year.
- You can get great rewards when you use this card.
- You can transfer your SkyMiles miles.
- Your SkyMiles will not get expired.
- With the BPI SkyMiles MasterCard, you can go to several countries of the world.
Let us take a look at the rewards you earn when you use your BPI SkyMiles MasterCard:
- Whenever you spend P45 with this card, you will receive 1 SkyMiles automatically.
- You may have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks get your earned SkyMiles miles in your account.
- If the SkyMiles miles are earned by a supplementary cardholder, the miles will be transferred to the primary cardholder’s SkyMiles account.
When you use your BPI Express Credit Card for all your expenses for your travel plan, you will get travel insurance of up to P2 million.
BPI SkyMiles MasterCard offers a supplementary card for the loved ones of the principal cardholder. The supplementary cardholder can enjoy the benefits of the card just like the principal cardholder. When the supplementary cardholder makes SkyMiles miles, the principal cardholder will receive them. The supplementary cardholder can use them from this account.
- The security features for credit card transactions of BNP are very well-planned and implemented efficiently. BPI introduced a BPI one-time password (OTP) in January 2017 for both BPI credit card and debit card purchases. This feature was launched to minimise online scams and fraud effectively. Whenever you use your BPI SkyMiles MasterCard for an online purchase, you will have to enter a 6-digit password. This OTP will be sent to you via SMS or email.
- To make use of this OTP service, you may be required to update your contact information on the official website of BPI. This has to be done so that the OTP will be sent to your latest and correct contact details. You can update your contact details by going to the credit card section of the bank’s website.
- Whenever there are unusual or peculiar transactions from your credit card, you will receive an SMS from the Credit Fraud Control Team of BPI. This is sent to all BPI cardholders. This is done to confirm if you are performing the particular transaction or if someone else is using your account.
- When you receive this SMS from the bank, you will have to confirm if you are actually making the purchase. You will have to reply to the SMS by using the format provided by the bank. The text in your reply will have to consist of VALID or FRAUD. Accordingly, the bank will take necessary steps.
- BPI also encourages customers to update personal information on a regular basis. This step will help banks to contact you instantly whenever they detect any form of fraud with your credit card. These are some of the special steps taken by the bank in order to keep your credit card transactions safe and secure.
Let us take a look at some of the eligibility criteria for BPI SkyMiles MasterCard:
- You will have to be a salaried employee or a self-employed individual.
- You should a minimum annual income of P180,000.
Let us discuss some of the documents that you will have to mandatorily submit while applying for this card:
- Income tax return and financial statements OR
- Salary slips for a minimum of 3 months OR
- Your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
- Employer's Certificate of Compensation Payment or Tax Withheld
Fees and Charges
Let us discuss the fees and charges that you will have to pay for BPI SkyMiles MasterCard:
|Annual fee for the first supplementary card||No annual fee for life|
|Annual fee for the 2nd to 6th supplementary cards||P1025|
|Late payment fee||Higher amount of 6% of outstanding amount or P500|
|Monthly finance charge||3.5%|
Lost or stolen card liabilities
If you lose your BPI SkyMiles MasterCard or if it gets stolen, you will have to call BPI Phone Banking by dialling (02) 89-100 (Metro Manila). You can also call the domestic toll-free number by dialling 1-800-188-89100 (Outside Metro Manila).