Overview of BPI SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard
Popularly known as BPI, Bank of the Philippine Islands is one of the largest banks in the country in terms of both market capitalization and assets and is owned by Ayala Corporation. Bank of the Philippine Islands is one of the oldest in the Southeast Asia region and was founded in 1851. As part of its banking portfolio, Bank of the Philippine Islands offers various products and services such as loans, credit and debit cards, investments and others. Rural banking was pioneered by Bank of the Philippine Islands and currently maintains a robust rural network.
The SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard credit card is one of the popular offerings by Bank of the Philippine Islands. This card is being advertised as the ‘Superior Mileage credit card’ and is being offered by a partnership of BPI and Delta Air Lines for those bitten by the wanderlust bug and those who frequently travel on work and leisure
Benefits of the BPI SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard
- Customers have the opportunity to start earning miles as and when they start purchasing anything using their card. They can earn 1 SkyMiles mile every time they spend P45. The earned miles take between six to eight weeks to be credit to the customer’s account.
- These points can then be utilised to travel to more than 160 countries through the Delta Air Lines and other SkyMiles partners.
Features of the BPI SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard
- Customers can avail a waiver on their annual membership fee for the first year.
- The annual income required is P1000,000.
- Every time customers spend P45 on tickets from Delta Air Lines, they can receive double miles.
- Customers can procure insurance on travel of up to P20 million when the travel fare is charged to their BPI Express Credit Card.
- Customers can also avail access to Pacific Club at NAIA Terminal 3 at no additional cost.
- BPI SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard users should note that SkyMiles miles cannot be transferred and do not expire as well.
- When Supplementary cardholders earn miles through their BPI SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard, it will be credited to the Principal Cardholder’s SkyMiles account.
Fees and Charges for the BPI SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard
|Yearly Fee for the first Supplementary||Free|
|Yearly Fee for the second to sixth Supplementary||P2500|
Customers can visit the closest BPI branch or apply online for the BPI SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard.