Overview of BPI SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard
The Bank of Philippines Islands or as it is popularly known, BPI, is one of the largest banks in Philippines when it comes to assets and market capitalization. It is run by the Ayala Corporation. It was founded in the year 1851 and is one of the oldest banks in the south eastern region of Asia. It offers a range of financial products and services including investments, debit cards, credit cards, and loans among others. The idea of rural banking was initiated by BPI and at present it maintains a healthy network in the rural areas of the islands. This travel card is suitable for all those people who love to travel for leisure as well as for business purposes.
BPI SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard Promotions
- The cardholder can shop from online e-commerce stores like Etsy, Amazon, and eBay and avail a discount worth 15% on shipping charges. This promo is valid until May 15, 2017.
- The cardholder can avail a discount worth 15% for a minimum expense of P500 at the Coffee Project with their BPI SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard. This offer is available until March 17, 2017.
- You can bag a 10% discount on the regular priced items at The Body Shop if you pay using BPI SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard. The offer is valid till March 31, 2017.
- If you enroll in the Urban Ashram Yoga, you can avail a 20% discount on regular-priced merchandise by paying for them using your SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard. This offer stands valid till December 31, 2017.
Features and Benefits
- For the first year, cardholders can get a waiver on the annual membership fee.
- Each time a cardholder spends P45 on the card to buy tickets from Delta Air Lines, they earn double the miles on their card.
- Cardholders can claim an insurance for travel worth up to P20 million when the cost of travel is charged on their BPI Express Credit Card.
- Cardholders can get access to Pacific Club at NAIA Terminal 3 without paying any extra charges.
- The miles earned on the BPI SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard cannot be transferred. These points can be used anytime as they never expire.
- If a supplementary cardholder earns miles after using their BPI SkyMiles MasterCard, those miles will be forwarded to the principal cardholder.
- The cardholders get a chance to earn miles whenever they make a purchase using this card. Using this card, they can earn 1 SkyMile each time they spend P45 on the card. It takes around six to eight weeks for the earned miles to get credited to the cardholder's account.
- These earned miles can be redeemed at select airlines for flight tickets to a number of countries. The cardholder can do this through Delta Air Lines and other partners who accept SkyMiles.
The supplementary cardholder should be at least 13 years old. The principal cardholder may apply for supplementary card(s). It is completely in BPI's discretion to either approve or reject the application. The annual fee for the first supplementary cardholder is free for life. The annual fee for the second to the sixth supplementary cardholder is P1,025. However, the supplementary cardholder's reward points will get credited to the principal cardholder's account.
To improve the security of the cardholder's online purchases, BPI has been implementing the One-Time Password technology for their debit as well as credit cards starting January 2017. The OTP is an additional security feature that needs a 6-digit password to authorize all online transactions. The OTP is sent to the registered mobile number of the cardholder via SMS. This helps the cardholder in authenticating their identity while making a purchase online.
- The Principal cardholder must be at least 21 years of age.
- The annual income requirement is P1 million.
- The applicant must have a business or residential landline number and mobile number.
- The applicant must submit a duly filled-in application form either online (with attached documents) or physically at the nearest BPI branch.
Proof of identity:
The applicant must submit a scanned copy of any two of these valid ID proofs- driver's license, Passport, Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card, Social Security System e-Card, postal ID or any identity card issued by a private organisation registered with either SEC, IS, or BSP.
Proof of income:
For salaried applicants:
- Copies of the last two payslips.
- Copy of the contract of employment (for Filipinos working overseas) or the certificate of employment.
- Copy of the latest Income Tax Return (ITR).
- Copy of latest credit card statement.
- Copies of latest Audited Financial Statements (AFS).
- Copies of latest Credit Card Statement.
- Copies of Income Tax Return (ITR).
Fees and Charges
|Yearly fee for the first supplementary||Free for life|
|Yearly fee from second to the sixth supplement||P2,500|
To report a stolen BPI SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard
Cardholders should immediately notify BPI in cases of lost or stolen credit cards. Cardholders can contact BPI by calling (02) 89-100 (Metro Manila) or calling the domestic toll-free number at 1-800-188-89100 (Outside Metro Manila) to report a lost card and request for a replacement card.
Lost card liabilities: After BPI is notified of the loss or theft of BPI SkyMiles Platinum MasterCard, the cardholder shall have no financial liability for purchases, availments and cash advances, including interests, penalties, fees or other charges, which were not made or incurred by the cardholder himself/herself or which were made or incurred without the cardholder’s knowledge.