East West Bank is one of the top banks in the island of Philippines. The bank offers multiple credit cards for several purposes. EastWest EveryDay MasterCard is designed especially for making daily purchases conveniently.
Features and Benefits
Let us take a look at some of the features and benefits of EastWest EveryDay MasterCard:
- The EastWest EveryDay MasterCard can be used in around 33 establishments where MasterCard is accepted.
- Every transaction made through this card will be paid for in Peso.
- You can earn great savings by making flexible installment plans offered by the balance transfer programme of EastWest EveryDay Mastercard.
- This credit card will allow you to access cash in advance for your emergency financial requirements. You will be able to utilise this cash for any purpose.
- You can enjoy 0% interest on certain products and services offered by partnered outlets.
- EastWest EveryDay MasterCard provides you with a great Quick Bills Facility. Under this special programme, every insurance premium and bill will be automatically linked to your EastWest EveryDay Titanium MasterCard. This way, your expenses will be charged to this card. This is very helpful as you do not have to stand in any long queue to pay your bills and premiums. You can register for this feature with East West Bank in order to enjoy its benefits.
- You will be able to enjoy cash rebates of 5% when you use this credit card to buy necessary products. If you use it for non-essential products, you will receive higher rebates.
|Rebate on essential products||5%||3%||0.5%|
|Rebate on non-essential products||P10,000 and higher||P5,000 to P10,000||Lesser than P5,000|
- You will not be required to redeem your cash rebates.
EastWest EveryDay MasterCard offers a supplementary credit card that can be used by your near and dear ones. Your family members will be able to enjoy the benefits of the primary card. You can ask for up to a maximum of 9 supplementary credit cards. The primary cardholder can allocate a monthly sub-limit to the supplementary credit card so that all the finances are managed properly.
To ensure that you have risk-free and fraud-free transactions, all credit cards offered by East West Bank have top-notch security features. These features will help you to have a great online banking experience without any dangers. Let us take a look at some of the security features offered for EastWest EveryDay MasterCard:
- Smart Chip Technology
The credit card is enabled with smart chip technology. This technology is present to make certain that every card transaction is completely safe.
- 3D Secure Technology
EastWest Everyday MasterCard has 3D Secure technology to avoid all signs of fraud and online scams. This technology will be utilised when you buy products online with your credit card from stores with the logo of Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode. In order to maintain security, you will be required to enter a one-time password before each transaction is processed.
These are the eligibility criteria to apply for an EastWest EveryDay Titanium MasterCard:
- You will have to be a Filipino Citizen or a local resident foreigner.
- To apply for a primary credit card, you will have to be at least 21 years old.
- To apply for an EastWest EveryDay Titanium MasterCard, your gross annual income should be at least P480,000.
Let us take a look at the documents required for an EastWest EveryDay Titanium MasterCard:
- Your EastWest Credit Card application form.
- A copy of your valid ID with your photograph and signature. Your ID can be a Company ID, Passport, Voter's ID, SSS, Postal ID, Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID, Driver’s License, or BIR ID.
For employed individuals who want a principal credit card:
- Most recent Certificate of Compensation or ITR or Tax Withheld or BIR Form 2316
- Certificate of Employment showing the breakdown of compensation
- Personnel Action Memo or Letter of Appointment
- Your Salary Adjustment Memo
- Most recent service record for government employees
- Most recent payslips for 3 months
- A valid Credit Card Reference and the most recent Statement of Account
For self-employed individuals who are looking for a principal credit card:
- Your most recent BIR Form 1701/ITR
- Most recent Financial Statements (if this applies to you)
If you are a local resident foreigner, you will have to present any of these documents:
This is for both principal and supplementary card applicants:
- Work Permit along with income document
- Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) along with your income document
- If you are a diplomat or embassy personnel, you will have to give your visa and embassy certification
- If you are an expatriate working in the top 1,000 corporations, you will have to give your Certificate of Employment that mentions the salary and tenure.
Fees and Charges
Let us discuss the fees and charges that will be incurred by you when you go for this credit card:
|Principal card fee||Supplementary card fee||Interest rate|
|P2,800||P1,400||3.50% for each month depending on the average daily balance|
- As a late payment fee, you will be required to pay the higher amount of P500 or 7.5% of the outstanding balance.
- When your outstanding balance exceeds your actual credit limit, you will need to pay P500 as an over credit limit fee.
- When you need to go for a cash advance, you will be required to give an over-the-counter fee and this will be P500.
- You will be required to pay P400 for getting your current credit card replaced.
- You will need to pay a fee for cash advance and this will be P600 or 3% of the cash advance amount, whichever is higher.
- You can also modify your several expenditures into installments. These expenses can be shopping expenses, fuel, air tickets, etc. installments. You can pay these installments through monthly add-on interest rates over different payment terms.
How to apply for EastWest EveryDay MasterCard
You can apply for an EastWest EveryDay MasterCard by calling the bank’s customer service centre for support. You can also visit your nearest East West bank to meet a representative and get trustworthy support for the credit card application process.
Lost/Stolen Card Liabilities
When your EastWest EveryDay MasterCard gets stolen or lost, you will have to inform the customer service hotline of East West Bank at (02) 888-1700. After you inform the bank, you will not have to worry about any lost or stolen card liability when unauthorised transactions are made through your credit card.
If your billing address is within Metro Manila, you will get your replacement card within 7 to 9 banking days since when you have informed the bank about your lost or stolen credit card. If your billing address is outside Metro Manila, you will receive your replacement card within 9 to 12 banking days from when you have lodged a complaint to the bank about your lost card. To get your EastWest EveryDay MasterCard replaced, you will be required to pay P500.