The EastWest Bank is popular for offering credit cards that suit every average cardholder's needs and demands. The credit cards they offer not only have a plethora of perks but they bring along a lot of freebies with them as well. The EastWest Bank Hyundai MasterCard is another such credit card under their umbrella that has amazing features and attractive benefits. It offers you rebates on various purchases and helps you bag some special privileges as well.
EastWest Bank Hyundai MasterCard Promotions
- Cardholders can get a discount worth 10% on the regular-priced items at Florshiem. The validity of this promo is till January 31, 2018.
- Cardholders can avail a discount of 10% on the regular-priced products at Naturalizer. This offer is valid till January 31, 2018.
Features and Benefits
- Accepted globally: This card is accepted in as many as 3 million establishments and wherever MasterCard is accepted and recognized.
- Payments and billings done in Philippine Peso: All the transactions and purchases that you do on this card are billed and paid for in Philippine peso. When the transaction is processed in any part of the world, the charges will be converted into peso using the MasterCard foreign currency conversion rate.
- If you enroll in the Quick Bills Facility of your EastWest Bank Hyundai MasterCard, the premiums of your various insurance policies as well as your bills get automatically deducted from your EastWest Hyundai MasterCard. This makes it convenient for you and prevents you from standing in serpentine queues to pay your bills. So, you can enroll with billers like Meralco, PLDT & MyDSL, Bayantel, SKYCable/SkyBroadband, Globe among others.
- Cardholder can get a merchant installment at 0% interest on particular items. These installments facility will be available only at the merchant tie-ups.
- Cardholders can avail cash advances of up to 50% of their credit limit. This will be available at EastWest stores throughout Philippines or any ATM that has carries the Cirrus and the MasterCard logos. You will have to use the unique Cash Advance Personal Identification assigned to you and you will be charged an interest from the date of getting the cash to the date of repaying it.
- The cardholder can earn a rebate up to 5% on all retail purchases. They can earn a rebate of 5% on purchasing gasoline anywhere in Philippines and 0.5% rebate on retail purchases made anywhere worldwide. One can earn rebates worth P1,000 on every monthly statement. They can redeem the Hyundai vouchers which can be used to get discounts or even buy products and services at various Hyundai outlets. They can be exchanged for gifts certificates as well at places like Rustan's Department Store. The rebates can also fetch an annual membership fee waiver for the cardholder.
- Once you receive your EastWest Bank Hyundai MasterCard, you get a Hyundai Gift Voucher worth Php1,000 that you can use at authorized Hyundai outlets only. Only this welcome gift is given to new principal cardholders only. People with renewed or replaced cards do not receive this gift voucher.
- The cardholder can enjoy perks and special discounts all throughout the year. These discounts will be available on dining, fitness and health, leisure and travel, and shopping.
- One Hyundai Family Membership Card allows the cardholder to get 24*7 travel, medical and roadside assistance to motorists.
You can gift your loved ones a supplementary EastWest Bank Hyundai MasterCard. The maximum number of supplementary cards that you can request for is 9. You share your spending privileges with your family members using these supplementary cards. You can also assign a cap to each of the cards to keep the expenses in check.
The card uses 3D secure technology for online transactions. It prevents the card from falling victim to fraud and cloning.
The following are the requirements:
- The applicant must be a citizen of Philippines or should be an expat living in Philippines.
- The applicant of the principal card should be at least 21 years old.
- The gross annual income of the applicant should be Php120,000.
- The applicant must have a mobile number or a residential or business landline.
The applicant has to submit a filled-in application form. Along with it, they must submit photocopies of Professional Regulation Commission (PRC), Voter's ID, a valid ID with a picture and signature, BIR ID, SSS.
A salaried person has to submit the following documents:
- Salary statement of the last three months
- Latest BIR Form 2316
- Valid references of other credit card and latest account statement
- Latest service record for people employed under the government
- A certificate of employment listing the breakdown of salary
- Letter of appointment
A self-employed person has to get the following documents:
- Latest financial statements
- Latest BIR Form 1701/ITR
Fees and Charges
|Annual fee for principal cardholder||P2000|
|Annual fee for supplementary cardholder||P1,000|
|Interest charges||3.5% per month|
|Late payment charges||P500 or 7.5% of the minimum payment due, whichever is higher.|
|Over credit limit fee||P500 whenever an outstanding balance exceeds the credit limit|
|Card replacement fee||P400 for each time|
|Returned check fee||P1000 per cheque|
How to apply for EastWest Bank Hyundai MasterCard
The applicant can apply for EastWest Bank Hyundai MasterCard online by visiting the official website of the EastWest Bank. The processing of the application form takes not more than 10 to 15 working days.
Lost/Stolen Card Liabilities
The cardholder can report the loss of their EastWest Bank Hyundai MasterCard using the bank's 24-hour customer service hotline at (02) 888-1700. The cardholder will not be held responsible for any financial liability due to fraudulent transactions made on the card from the time the loss or theft is reported.
For residents within Metro Manila, replacement cards will be sent within 9 banking days from the time of the report of loss of card was made. For residents outside Metro Manila, the card will be sent within 9 to 12 banking days from the time of the report of loss of card was made. A replacement fee of P500 will be charged to the EastWest Bank Hyundai MasterCard.