The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation, also known as HSBC is one of the most popular and oldest banking institutions in the world. With global presence that speaks for itself, this popular bank is the crown jewel of banking legacy in the Philippines. HSBC is known for the numerous banking services that they provide. In its credit cards category, HSBC offers a wide range of options to suit the growing needs of the new age customer in this hyperconnected world. Based on both Visa and MasterCard platforms, HSBC cards come with customer friendly features and attractive rewards along with the most competitive rates and charges in the financial services industry.
Some of the features of the HSBC Credit Cards are:
- Attractive Rewards - HSBC is known to shower reward points based on different purchase categories. For every peso spent, you can earn reward points and even up to 3x points for spends in specific categories. Cards from HSBC assure rewards every time you use it for a transaction.
- Cash Withdrawal Facility - Use your HSBC card to withdraw cash from ATMs in the country. Cards come with dual benefit of making a purchase as well as for cash advances up to the assigned limit. This feature is particularly helpful when you’re in an emergency situation and need cash.
- EMI Facilities - EMI options are available across segments such as Shopping, Travel & Wellness and much more. Purchase your favorite products at participating merchants and payback in up to 36 installments on eligible cards.
- Balance Transfer Facility - The Balance Transfer option lets you transfer balance from non - HSBC credit cards at nominal rates and charges.
- Redemption of Rewards - An exclusive rewards redemption program that lets you exchange reward points for vouchers, discounts and goodies from the rewards catalogue.
- Auto Charge Facility - The Auto Charge facility from the bank helps you to consolidate all your utility bill payments. Set up auto charge facility and relax. The bills are auto debited from your credit card as per the due/assigned date.
HSBC Gold Visa Credit Card
With the HSBC Gold Visa Credit Card, you can now get 3x rewards every time you shop online, dine or purchase something locally. Not only this, you also receive impeccable global purchasing power and can choose from numerous attractive deals which are exclusive to HSBC Gold Visa Credit Cardholders. Not only is your annual membership fee waived off for the first year, you also get great rebates on your all fuel purchases at Caltex Stations in the country.
- For every Php 20 spent, customers can earn 1 bonus point.
- In order to get accelerated reward points, a customer should have a minimum overall spend of Php 2,500 per month.
- The Annual Membership Fee is waived off for the first year.
- The applicant should have a minimum annual income of Php 200,000 to be eligible to receive a HSBC Gold Credit Card.
- The applicant must at least be 21 years of age and less than 65 years while applying for the credit card.
- Avail great savings on fuel every time you bill at Caltex Stations in the country.
Features & Benefits of HSBC Gold Visa Credit Card
Some of the many benefits that you receive with this card are:
- Accelerated Rewards - Enjoy the best of rewards and discounts that HSBC has to offer with a vast assortment of privileges and discounts. You can earn 3 Bonus Points for every spend of Php 20 every time you shop locally or dine anywhere in the country.
- Rebates at Caltex - When you purchase fuel for the first time using this credit card at a Caltex station, you receive an attractive rebate of 10%. If you use your HSBC Gold Visa credit card every time after that, you are assured a rebate of 3% on each bill. Simultaneously, each of your bills accumulate reward points that you can redeem at a later date or use them for miles.
- Annual Membership Fee - When you apply for an HSBC Gold Visa Credit Card, you can enjoy free annual membership for the first year. From the second year onwards, you pay an annual membership fee of Php 2500 for primary cardholders and Php 1250 for all supplementary cardholders.
- Exclusive Privileges by HSBC’s Home & Away Program - This credit card entitles customers to special offers and exclusive privileges that are unique to just the HSBC Gold Visa Credit Card. This card is the gateway to the best offers around the world. This customer friendly card can be used in over 160 countries and 27000 establishments all over the world.
- 3x Rewards - Get rewarded a lot more when you shop online. With this card you can earn 3 bonus points for every Php 20 that you spend on your purchases or dining expenses locally. You also receive 1 point for a spend of Php 20 on everything else.
- Pay Bills and earn Rewards - Earn points and redeem rewards while you use your HSBC Gold Visa credit card on the go to pay your bills.
- Zero Percent Installment Plan - You can now pay in easy and flexible installments at 0% interest for purchases made at partner establishments.
Eligibility - HSBC Gold Visa Credit Card
- You are eligible to apply for the HSBC Gold Visa credit card if your annual income is at least Php 200,000.
- The applicant must have another primary credit card issued by another local bank in good standing for at least one year.
Fees and Charges - HSBC Gold Visa Credit Card
|Annual Fee - Primary Card (Waived off for the first year)||Php 2500|
|Annual Fee - Supplementary Card (Waived off for the first year)||Php 1250|
|Retail Monthly Effective Interest Rate||3.50 percent per month|
|Cash Advance Monthly Effective Interest Rate||3.75 percent per month|
|Cash advance fees||Php 500 or 3% of the amount withdrawn, whichever one is higher|
|Late payment fees||Php 600 or 7.5% of the outstanding amount due, whichever one is higher.|
|Returned check fees||Php 1000|
|Card Replacement fees||Php 400 for every stolen, lost or damaged card.|
|HSBC Installment Plan Pre-termination processing fees||Php 500|
|Overlimit fees||Php 500|
|Sales slip retrieval fees||Php 275|
|Service Fee for Foreign Currency Transactions||2.5 percent of the converted sum|