HSBC, one of the most popular banks in the world, has a robust operational setup in Philippines and offers a wide range of banking products to Filipino citizens, Permanent Residents and Foreigners. The card has some pretty impressive offers under its hood with reward points on purchases being the most popular. If you are looking for the ideal credit card to make everyday life more exciting, the HSBC Gold Visa Credit Card might just be your bet.
Features and Benefits
- Convert your purchases into easy monthly instalments
- The HSBC Gold Visa Card lets you convert your online as well as offline purchases made using your card into easy, flexible monthly payments. Monthly instalment options can range from 3 months to 36 months.
- HSBC Home and Away Program
- HSBC’s Home and Away Program enables you to enjoy benefits at participating merchants not just in Philippines but also in destinations across the globe.
- Waiver of annual membership
- The annual membership for the primary card is waived for the first year. Subsequent annual charges will accordingly hold applicable.
- Successfully apply for a new HSBC card in Philippines and get a new Spinner luggage set from American Express.
- 3 Times The Reward Points
- The card allows you to earn 3 times the usual Reward Points on select purchases made using your card. Purchases include groceries, utilities and shopping.
- On all other purchases, you earn 1 Reward point for every Peso you spend using your card.
- Cash Rebates at Caltex Stations
- Use your HSBC credit card at Caltex stations across Singapore and earn cash rebates of up to 3%.
- The HSBC Gold Visa Credit Card lets you earn reward points on a wide range of purchases. You earn 3 times the usual reward points on shopping, fuel purchases and utility bill payments.
- By spending a minimum of P2,500 a month on your credit card, you get accelerated reward points.
- Every P20 you spend will give you 1 bonus points.
- Reward points can be redeemed for exciting offers and privileges.
- The applicant has to be minimum of 18 years of age
- The applicant must earn a minimum of P200,000 p.a. in order to be eligible for the HSBC GOld Visa Credit Card.
- All documents required by the bank need to be duly submitted. Discrepancies in information can lead to the rejection of the application.
Customers are required to submit the following documents to the bank to complete their application process:
- Copy of Identity (TIN, PAssport or Voter ID)
- Proof of income - latest computerized payslips, bank statement for the last 3 months.
- Visa permit, Passport Copy, Work Permit and employment letter (in case of foreigners who wish to apply for the HSBC Gold Visa Credit Card).
- Latest copy of duly filed Income Tax Returns.
Fee Details and Charges
|Monthly Interest Rate (Effective Interest Rate)||3.50%|
|Minimum amount due every month||3% of the outstanding balance for the month|
|Late payment charges||7.5% of the outstanding balance, or P600, whichever is higher.|
|Annual card membership fee||P2,500|
|Lost card replacement charges||P400|
|Cash advance fee||5% of withdrawn amount or P300, whichever is greater.|
|Cash advance interest charges||3.75%|
Card Security Feature
HSBC credit cards come with a comprehensive security framework that requires valid customer authorisation for transactions to come through. Transactions are secured, both online and offline. While offline or physical transactions using the card require a secure pin to authenticate the transaction, online transactions require a One Time Password (sent to the customer’s registered mobile number) or a secure access pin.
The passwords and PIN numbers can be changed by the customer whenever he/she wishes - banks usually advise customers to periodically change their passwords in order to avoid information compromises.
How to Apply for the HSBC Gold Visa Credit Card
If you want to apply for the HSBC Gold Visa Credit Card and add more excitement to your life, you can simply visit the HSBC website and fill out the online credit card application form. You will also have to submit your relevant documents to the bank. A representative from HSBC will contact you for any further details if they may be required and confirm the processing of your application. Once the bank approves your application, you will receive the credit card in a matter of 7-10 working days.
How to Report Lost/Stolen Credit Cards
Customers can report the loss/theft of their credit cards by calling up HSBC’s Customer Service Center and report the loss/theft. You might be required to file a report at the nearest police station in case of theft of your card. You will be required to provide details of your card and most recent transactions performed using your card in order to verify your identity. The bank will then block your card and disallow any further transactions from taking place on your card.