The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation, also known as HSBC is one of the most popular and oldest banking institutions in the world. With global presence that speaks for itself, this popular bank is the crown jewel of banking legacy in the Philippines.
In its credit cards portfolio, HSBC offers a wide range of options to suit the growing needs of the new age customer in this hyperconnected world. Based on both Visa and MasterCard platforms, HSBC cards come with consumer friendly features and attractive rewards along with the most competitive rates and charges in the financial services industry.
Some of the features of the HSBC Credit Cards are:
- EMI Facilities - EMI options are available across segments such as Shopping, Travel & Wellness and much more. Purchase your favorite products at participating merchants and payback in up to 36 installments on eligible cards.
- Balance Transfer Facility - The Balance Transfer option lets you transfer balance from non - HSBC credit cards at nominal rates and charges.
- Pleasing Rewards - HSBC is known to shower reward points based on different purchase categories. For every peso spent, you can earn reward points and even up to 4x points for spends in specific categories. Cards from HSBC assure rewards every time you use it for a transaction.
- Auto Charge Facility - The Auto Charge facility from the bank helps you to consolidate all your utility bill payments. Set up auto charge facility and relax. The bills are auto debited from your credit card as per the due/assigned date.
- Redemption of Rewards - An exclusive rewards redemption program that lets you exchange reward points for vouchers, discounts and goodies from the rewards catalogue.
- Cash Withdrawal - Use your HSBC card to withdraw cash from ATMs in the country. Cards come with dual benefit of making a purchase as well as for cash advances up to the assigned limit. This feature is particularly helpful when you’re in an emergency situation and need cash.
HSBC Premier MasterCard
This one credit card is equivalent to a whole new world of rewards. If you need a credit card that is flexible enough to match your travel plans, then the HSBC Premier MasterCard is meant for you. This credit card is accepted in over 24 million establishments all over the world. Not just this, this card comes with a credit limit that which can easily accommodate your comfortable lifestyle.
This awesome card also entitles you to free membership to a rewards programme that will bring enthusiasm back to all tired travellers.
- Customers receive 1 air mile per Php 25 spent on this credit card.
- The customer also receives 4 bonus points for every Php 20 spent on the card for online and overseas purchases. This is enabled by the accelerated rewards programme.
- This card comes with free Travel Accident Insurance Coverage of up to PHP3 million and covers the customer, his/her spouse and any dependent children, worldwide protection.
- In case of loss of card, the bank provides the cardholder an emergency advance of funds that can be collected by the customer from over 245,000 outlets across 200 countries.
- The HSBC Premier Credit Card provides the customers special offers on travel, dining and leisure activities or can be used for shopping at home or shopping abroad.
- Get a supplementary credit card for a family member or a child with the full emergency assistance feature along with a credit limit that we can choose and control.
- In the event of theft or loss of card, receive the replaced card the very next day and also an emergency cash advance if you need it. The cash advance can be collected from any branch in over 200 countries.
Features & Benefits of HSBC Premier MasterCard
Some of the numerous benefits that you receive with this card are:
- Accelerated Rewards - Enjoy the best of rewards and discounts that HSBC has to offer with a vast array of privileges and discounts. You can earn one air mile for every spend of Php 25 and HSBC’s Credit Cards Rewards Program’s accelerated rewards features ensure that you earn 4 times the bonus points every time you shop online or abroad.
- Free Flights Offer Redemption - Use this card to get the best rewards and points for free flight tickets every time you shop. Now, redeem 1 Asia Mile or KrisFlyer Mile for 5 bonus points and 1 Mabuhay Mile for as low as 6 bonus points.
- Premier Privileges by HSBC - This credit card entitles customers to special offers that are unique to just the HSBC Premier MasterCard. This card is the gateway to the best offers around the world. If you are looking for the most attractive offers on leisure activities around you, shopping, dining or even travelling, HSBC offers a wealth of unmatched offers for you to choose from.
- Worldwide security and safety - Canceling a lost card or arranging for a card replacement is very easy if you happen to lose your HSBC Premier MasterCard. All you have to do is dial + 1 314 275 6781 and request for a cancellation and replacement of your lost card. Cash can also be arranged for you as an emergency advance if you really need one. This amount can be collected in over 245,000 bank branches in over 200 countries. ALong with this, you also have the benefit of emergency support services for your family.
- Free Travel Accident Insurance - The HSBC Premier MasterCard covers a Travel Accident Insurance of Php 20 million at no extra cost. Wherever you are in the world, HSBC’s cover gives your family and you the protection you need.
Eligibility - HSBC Premier MasterCard
You are eligible to apply for this card if you are are Premier depositor with the HSBC Bank.
Fees and Charges - HSBC Premier MasterCard
|Annual Fee - Primary Card||Waived|
|Annual Fee - Supplementary Card||Waived|
|Retail Monthly Effective Interest Rate||2.75 percent per month|
|Cash Advance Monthly Effective Interest Rate||3.02 percent per month|
|Cash advance fees||Php 500 or 3% of the amount withdrawn, whichever one is higher|
|Late payment fees||Php 600 or 7.5% of the outstanding amount due, whichever one is higher.|
|Returned check fees||Php 1000|
|Card Replacement fees||Php 400 for every stolen, lost or damaged card.|
|HSBC Installment Plan Pre-termination processing fees||Php 500|
|Overlimit fees||Php 500|
|Sales slip retrieval fees||Php 275|
|Service Fee for Foreign Currency Transactions||2.5 percent of the converted sum|