With the HSBC Red MasterCard, you will enjoy exclusive privileges at partner establishments, Bonus Points on your shopping escapades, special deals and promotions on dining and travel and additional rebates on fuel purchases.
Features and Benefits of HSBC Red MasterCard
- Enjoy an annual fee waiver for the first year on principal and supplementary card.
- Home & Away Privilege Programme – Enjoy exclusive privileges at more than 27,000 establishments across 160 countries in the world.
- 0% instalment – Enjoy easy instalment payments of up to 36 months on purchases at merchant establishments at 0% interest.
Rewards Offered on HSBC Red MasterCard
- Enjoy 4X Bonus Points on your shopping purchases.
- Bonus Points are applicable at departmental stores, apparel/clothing and accessories stores.
- Your earned Bonus Points will be accumulated and credited to your credit card account every month on the 25th banking day of the next month.
HSBC Red MasterCard Supplementary Cards
- The annual fee is waived for the first year on the HSBC Red MasterCard supplementary card.
- Second year onwards, the annual fee for a supplementary card is P600.
Security Features on the HSBC Red MasterCard
HSBC Secure Pay:
HSBC Secure Pay offers enhanced protection when making online purchases using your HSBC credit card:
- Get an added layer of security that includes password protection and personal messages using MasterCard SecureCode.
- This feature is offered free of cost by the bank.
- No software downloading is required to use this feature.
- You need to register for this feature through HSBC Online Banking.
Credit Card Text Alerts:
All HSBC credit cardholders will receive free text alerts 24/7 on all high-value purchases made using an HSBC credit card:
- You will receive an instant notification from HSBC on your credit card purchases and cash advance transactions.
- By default, you will receive a notification for all transactions of P5,000 or more made in Peso or its foreign currency equivalent.
- There is no registration required to enroll for this feature.
- This feature is provided to all HSBC credit cardholders, free of cost.
If you find a transaction on your credit card that you do not recognize, you can immediately report it to HSBC Customer Service by calling 02-85-800 or 02-976-8000. Phone lines are available 24/7.
You must meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for the HSBC Red MasterCard:
Eligibility criteria for primary credit card applicants:
- Philippine residents are eligible to apply for this credit card.
- Age criterion:
- Minimum age: 21 years.
- Maximum age: 65 years.
- Minimum gross annual income – P120,000.
- Employed applicants – You must be participating in your profession for a minimum of 2 years.
- Self-employed applicants – Your business must be operational for a minimum of 3 years.
- You must be a resident of or be employed in: Metro Manila, Pampanga, Bulacan, Laguna, Rizal, Cavite, Cebu, Batangas, Davao City, Bacolod, Zambales (Olongapo City and Subic), Butuan, Cotabato, Cagayan de Oro, Dipolog, Iloilo, General Santos, Legazpi, Puerto Princesa, Naga, Tacloban, Roxas, Tuguegarao, Zamboanga City, Tagbilaran City, Panabo & Tagum Davao del Norte, Baguio City, Digos Davao del Sur, Ormoc City, Laoag City, Dumaguete City, Dagupan City, Cabanatuan City, Urdaneta Pangasinan, Tarlac City, Lucena City, Calasiao Pangasinan.
- You must have a residential landline.
Eligibility criteria for supplementary credit card applicants:
- Relatives of the primary applicants must be – children, spouse, parents, siblings, children-in-law, parents-in-law or siblings-in-law.
- Non-relative applicants must fill out the appropriate fields in the supplementary application form and may be asked to provide additional documents to process the application.
All applicants are required to have the following information handy to complete the application process faster:
- TIN or Tax Identification Number.
- SSS or Social Security Service number/ GSIS or Government Service Insurance System number.
- Your credit card numbers from other banks (if applicable).
The bank will send you an email requesting for the following documents to be submitted via post of fax:
- A front and back copy of any of the following ID Proof documents:
- Postal ID.
- Driver’s License.
- PRC or Philippine Regulatory Commission ID.
- SSS Photo card.
- Company ID.
- One of the following documents as proof of residence (should not be older than 3 months):
- Landline phone bill.
- Mobile phone bill.
- Electricity bill.
- Water bill.
- Bank statements.
- Credit card statements.
- Income proof documents include:
- For salaried employees:
- A copy of your most recent ITR with a BIR stamp OR BIR Form 2316.
- COE or Certificate of Employment and income.
- Most recent computerized payslip.
- Salary increase notice.
- Other credit cards.
- For self-employed applicants:
- A copy of your business registration AND
- Photo + financial statements for the past 3 years submitted to the BIR for tax purposes AND
- Your most recent ITR.
Fees and Charges for HSBC Red MasterCard
Fees and charges
Annual fee for Primary Card
Annual fee for Supplementary Card
Retail Monthly Effective Interest Rate
Cash Advance Monthly Effective Interest Rate
3.75% per month
Minimum amount due
• 4% of the current billed balance + instalment amortization transactions made before July 22nd, 2013 or P500, depending on whichever of the 2 is higher +
• 100% of fixed instalment amortization transactions per month from July 22nd, 2013 onwards +
• Past due amortization of instalment transactions with finance charges incurred +
• Any other due amount + Over Limit amount, depending on whichever is higher.
Late payment fee
P600 or 7.5% of the minimum due amount
Card replacement fee
How to Apply for HSBC Red MasterCard
There are 3 ways through which you can apply for the HSBC Red MasterCard:
Online: Visit the official HSBC Philippines website and navigate to the HSBC Red MasterCard webpage. On the webpage, you will find an option to apply online under “Ways to apply” at the top and bottom of the page. Select the option, “Start Application”. You will have to provide your personal details, contact details and employment details to continue with the application process.
Phone: You can ask for a callback from the bank. Visit the official HSBC Philippines website and navigate to the HSBC Red MasterCard webpage. On the webpage, you will find an option to “Apply by Phone”. Under this option, click on “Ask for a callback” and provide your details so a representative from the bank can get in touch with you. Alternatively, you can also call the bank on 02-85-800 to know your application status or for any general enquiries.
Visit the bank branch: You can walk into your nearest HSBC Bank branch and apply for the HSBC Red MasterCard, directly in person. Make sure to carry the required documents to complete your application process successfully.
Lost/Stolen Card Liabilities
If your HSBC Red MasterCard has been lost or stolen, you must immediately notify HSBC Bank with the following details:
- The place where the card was lost/stolen.
- The date on which the card was lost/stolen.
- Circumstances that led to the incident.
- The last purchase that was made on your credit card before it was lost/stolen.
Upon verbal notification to the bank, you will not be liable for any purchases and or/cash advances made on your card. You will be charged a replacement fee of P400 to replace your lost/stolen HSBC Red MasterCard.