Overview of Maybank Mastercard Gold
A popular credit card from the Maybank’s stable that offers you the financial flexibility to pay in Philippine Peso if6 you’re using the card overseas to make purchases. This card is finds acceptance in over 275 countries and territories worldwide, supported by over 20 million establishments. No more worrying about compromise on your Maybank credit card since these cards are known to be the most secure cards in the country since they come with EMV-compliant chip cards which provide an additional security layer to prevent fraudulent transactions.
If you’re looking for a card that does not come with frills and goes easy on your wallet, the Maybank Mastercard Gold will do the trick. The section below will help you in understanding its features and benefits.
Features & Benefits
Affordable Fees & Charges
This card is offered to you at an Annual Fee of just P2,000 for each subscription year and comes free for the first subscription year. Supplementary Cards are charged P1,000 as Annual Fee per card. With such affordable fees, you don’t have to fret about paying premium fees for maintaining the card annually.
Easy Application Procedure
You can own this card at easy-to-fulfill application process. With minimal paperwork and accessible channels, getting your hands on the Mastercard Gold from Maybank cannot get easier. You can make an application online or by visiting any of the 79 branches spread evenly across Philippines.
EzyPay Installment Program
Open to all the credit card holders of Maybank, the cardmember can buy a product at participating merchant outlets and choose to pay in installments. All single bill transactions valued P3,000 and above are eligible for easy conversion into installments of 3, 6, 9, 12, 18 and 24 months. This program helps you to buy the article that you’ve always wanted without feeling the heat of paying high interest charges.
EzyConvert Installment Program
Similar to the EzyPay feature as described above, this option lets you convert all those outstanding transactions of a single receipt value of P3,000 and above into installments at a monthly Add On rate of just 1.45%.
EzyTransfer Balance Transfer Option
In line with its efforts to help you save money by transferring and conversion to installments, the EzyTransfer feature allows the cardmember to transfer outstanding balances from non-Maybank credit cards (up to 3 cards) and save on interest charges. This feature allows you to choose from 3, 6, 12, 18 and 24 month installment option at a monthly Add On rate of just 0.88 percent.
EzyCash (Cash Advance Feature)
A one-of-its-kind feature in the credit card segment that allows the cardmember to covert available credit into cash at promotional rates and payback in installments of 3, 6, 12, 18 or 24 months.
TreatsPoints Rewards Program
A dedicated program to help you earn and manage rewards, the TreatPoints Rewards Program lets you earn 1 TreatsPoint for every P25 spent on your Maybank Mastercard Gold card. The rewards earning potential holds good for both Primary and Supplementary cards. Accumulated rewards can be redeemed for a host of reward options.
Secure Shopping Online
Your online shopping transactions are secured by the MSOS (Maybank Secure Online Shopping) where a one time password is provided to validate the transaction. Its a free service that requires no registration and protects your card from fraudulent transactions.
- The applicant should be a resident of the Philippines.
- The age of the applicant should fall between 21 to 65 years.
- Gross Annual Income of the applicant should be at least P150,000.
The basic requirement for all applications is ID Card issued by a government agency such as Passport or Driver's License. The table below will help you in preparing for the documentation on the basis of your employment type (Self Employed or Salaried).
• Latest ITR (Income Tax Return) with Bank or BIR Stamp. ITR can be substituted by BIR Form 2316.
• Last three months’ payslips
• Original COE (Certificate of Employment)
• Details of an active credit card (Card number)
|Self Employed Applicants||
• SEC or DTI Registration Certificate
• AFS (Audited Financial Statements) with Bank or BIR Stamp
• Latest ITR with Bank or BIR Stamp
• Details of an active credit card (Card number)
In addition to the above, any request for other documents will be communicated by the bank’s representative at the time of application.
Interest Rate & Fees
- The Maybank Mastercard Gold will is available at a rate of 3% per month for all retail transactions.
- The Annual Fee for Primary Card is P2,000 and Supplementary Cards come with a fee of P1,000 for each card.
|Late Payment Fee||P500 or 5 percent of the outstanding balance, whichever is higher.|
|Cash Advance Fee||P500 or 3 percent of the amount withdrawn, whichever is higher.|
|Card Replacement Fee||P400 for each replaced card.|
|EzyCash Manager’s Check Delivery Charge||P100 for each check delivered under the EzyCash facility.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a penalty applicable if I decide to pre-terminate and pay off the balance installments availed under the EzyTransfer facility in my Maybank Gold Mastercard?
- I received my Maybank Mastercard Gold card in the mail today. With regard to making credit card bill payments, is there is penalty if the check is returned due to lack of funds?
- I would like to buy a specific product from a partner merchant using my Maybank card and convert it into an installment option. How do I make the amortization payment?
- Are there exclusions on the types of transactions that are eligible for the TreatsPoints program?
- How do I contact Maybank’s credit card division over the phone. Please provide the contact details.
If you decide to pre-terminate and payoff the outstanding balance, you’re required to pay a penalty of 5% of the unbilled principal amount or P500, whichever is higher to formally close the account.
Yes, a fee of P500 is levied to your credit card account for all returned checks as penalty. This fee is applicable towards all possible reasons for returned checks where the bank is unable to make a debit from your bank account towards the payment.
For your convenience, the installment amount is added to your credit card account around the billing date. Along with the min. payment due that you pay for all other transactions, the amortization amount also falls due and should be paid in consolidation.
Transactions such as Cash Advances, Gambling Transactions along with transactions made under EzyTransfer and EzyCash programs will not be rewarded with points under this scheme. Only retail purchases can fetch your reward points.
You can reach out to the dedicated customer service for credit cards on 632-588-3888 (PLDT Domestic) or 1800-10-588-3888 (toll free).