The first thing that one looks for in a credit card is financial flexibility. The Maybank Visa Classic gives you just that. It empowers you with financial freedom across the globe. So, no matter where you are, the Visa Classic card will help you shop without a worry because this card is accepted in more than 20 million territories and locations.
Features and Benefits
- The EzyCash Program on the Maybank Visa Classic is available to cardholders who have a good credit history. Principal cardholders can use this program to convert their available credit to cash. They can pay it back in 3, 6, 12, 18, and 24 months. The minimum amount that the cardholder can withdraw using EzyCash is P10,000 and the maximum amount is P5000,000. One can avail the EzyCash program by calling the PLDT domestic toll free number-1800-10-588-3888 or the 24*7 customer care service hotline-(+632)588-3888.
- The EzyPay feature on the Maybank Visa Classic lets the cardholder pay the borrowed amount in installments with 0% interest. All principal cardholders of Maybank are eligible to avail this feature. One can avail this installment plan on a single credit card transaction of P3000 made at the counters of the participating merchants. The installment tenures available with this plan are 3, 6, 12, 18, and 24 months.
- The feature of EzyTransfer helps the cardholder to consolidate outstanding amounts from other cards and get low interest on installments. All principal cardholders of Maybank are eligible for EzyTransfer but only if they have a minimum balance of P5,000 on each credit card from other banks in Philippines.
- The Maybank Visa Classic is globally accepted. So, you can buy products and services from over 20 million establishments all across the globe.
- The Maybank Visa Classic bring with it a plethora of special discounts in travel, shopping, fine dining, and entertainment.
- Avail 1% cashback on transactions made overseas. The cashback limit is P12,000 per year.
- Earn reward points while shopping, dining, buying groceries, gas and even while travelling. For every P25 that you spend on your Maybank Visa Classic, you earn one reward point that you can redeem for gifts or cash credit. This facility is avail to primary as well as supplementary cardholders.
Principal credit cardholders of Maybank are offered supplementary cards for their family members. The supplementary cardholders of Maybank Visa Classic will be able to use their card in more than 130 countries across the globe. They can also withdraw cash using their credit card at over 4,100 Maybank ATMs in Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Cambodia and Brunei.
Maybank credit cards come with an in-built EMV-compliant chip that help in preventing unauthorized and fraudulent transactions. The notification of every transaction made on your card is sent to the registered mobile number via sms. Online transactions made on your credit card will be equipped with the Maybank Secure Online Shopping (MSOS) that will send you a one-time password to your registered number.
Applicants should be aged between 21 and 65 and they should be residents of Philippines. The gross income required is P150,000 per annum.
Following are the documents required for Maybank Visa Classic:
Proof of identity:
- GSIS Card
- Driver’s License
- SSS ID
- TIN ID Card
- Any other government issued ID
Proof of Income:
Income proof for salaried employees
- Salary slip of last 3 months
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) with BIR stamp/ or BIR form 2316
- Certificate of Employment
- Cardholder's active credit card number has to be mentioned in the application form
Income proof of self-employed applicants
- Latest Audited Financial Statements
- DTI or SEC Registration
- Applicant's active credit card number should be mentioned in the application form
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) with a BIR stamp
Fees and Charges
|Annual fees for principal cardholder||P1,000|
|Annual fee for supplementary cardholder||P500|
|Cash advance fee||3% of the cash withdrawn or P500, whichever is higher|
|Late payment fee||5% of the minimum amount due or P500|
|Returned cheque fee||P500 for every cheque returned|
|Processing payment fee||P40 for each card payment made more than 4 times per month|
|Card replacement fee||P400 for each card that has been replaced|
How to Apply for Maybank Visa Classic
You can apply for Maybank Visa Classic in the following ways:
- You can send an email to email@example.com. The bank will contact you once they receive your email.
- You can visit one of the 80 branches of Maybank.
- Contact the bank executives on the customer care hotline or the toll free number.
Lost/Stolen Card Liability
In case you fall victim to credit card theft or you lose your card, you must immediately report it to Maybank through their customer service hotline (632 588-3888) or domestic toll free number (1-800-10-588-3888). You can also send them a mail at cardsCS@maybank.com.ph about your grievance. In case of delay in reporting, you will be liable to pay for all the fraudulent transactions made on your card.