Maybank Visa Gold comes with a higher credit limit and tons of amazing privileges. The cardholder can upgrade their Maybank Visa Classic to Maybank Visa Gold and enjoy added benefits and privileges at 20 million establishments across the world.
Features and Benefits
- The Maybank Visa Gold is accepted in more than 20 million establishments throughout the world.
- Principal cardholders can transfer their consolidated balances from different credit cards to their Maybank Visa Gold and turn them into installments with the EzyTransfer feature. The interest rate applicable is low. To get this feature, the principal cardholder must have a balance of minimum P5,000 on each credit card (but a maximum of 3 cards) issued by different banks in Philippines. The added rate applied on the tenures that vary from 3 to 24 months will be 0.88%.
- EzyConvert is a feature that is offered to a principal cardholder with a good credit standing. The cardholder is required to make a single receipt transaction of P3,000 to be able to use EzyConvert. With this feature, you will be able to clear your balance by turning them into installment plans. The add-on rate applied is 1.45% while the tenure may range between 3 to 24 months.
- Cardholders can convert their available balance to cash and pay it back in installments. They can choose between the following term plans-3, 6, 12, 18, and 24 months. The minimum and maximum amount that the cardholder is allowed to withdraw is P10,000 and P500,000 respectively.
- Maybank Visa Gold card lets you go for the EzyPay facility through which you will be able make your credit card payments in installments and at 0% interest. Principal cardholders can avail this facility only if they make a single credit card transaction of minimum P3,000. The cardholders will be allowed to select their own installment period between 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, and 24 months.
- Maybank Visa Gold comes with a plethora of rewards and special discounts at various establishments in and around Philippines.
The Maybank Visa Gold promises an enjoyable shopping experience. With every P25 one spends on this card, they get one TreatsPoint. While both, principal as well as supplementary cardholders can earn these points, only the principal cardholder can redeem these points for exclusive gifts and cash credit.
Every principal cardholder of Maybank Visa Gold will be offered an unlimited number of supplementary cards that will help the family members of the principal card holders live life to the fullest. This card not only guarantees financial flexibility but also opens a world of rewards and discounts for the principal as well as supplementary cardholders.
Every Maybank credit card is equipped with an in-built EMV-compliant chip. This chip helps in preventing fraudulent transactions and unauthorized payments made on your card. You will be notified about every transaction made on your card via sms that will be sent to the registered number. Notifications about online transactions made on your card will be sent to you for approval via a one-time password. This password will be sent to your registered mobile number. The Maybank Secure Online Shopping feature prevents unauthorized online transactions through your card.
The applicant should be a Filipino or should be a permanent resident of Philippines. The gross annual income required is P150,000. The age criteria required is between 21 and 65 years.
Following are the documents required for Maybank Visa Gold:
Proof of identity:
- Driver’s License
- GSIS Card
- SSS ID
- TIN ID Card
- Any other government issued ID
Proof of Income:
Income proof for salaried employees
- Salary slip of last 3 months
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) with BIR stamp/ or BIR form 2316
- Certificate of Employment
- Cardholder's active credit card number has to be mentioned in the application form
Income proof of self-employed applicants
- Latest Audited Financial Statements
- DTI or SEC Registration
- Applicant's active credit card number should be mentioned in the application form
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) with a BIR stamp
Fees and Charges
|Annual fees for the principal cardholder||P2,000|
|Annual fees for the supplementary cardholder||P1,000|
|Cash Advance Fee||3% of the cash advance amount withdrawn or P500, whichever is higher.|
|Late Payment Fee||5% of the minimum amount due or P500, whichever is higher.|
|Card Replacement Fee||P400 for every card replaced|
|Service fee for transactions made overseas||1% of the Visa and MasterCard foreign exchange rate at the time the transaction is made|
|Cheque Returned Fee||P500 for every cheque that is returned|
How to Apply for Maybank Visa Gold
You can apply for the Maybank Visa Gold in the following ways:
- You can get in touch with the bank executives on the toll free number or call the customer care hotline.
- You can go to the nearest branch of Maybank and fill the application form.
- You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The bank will contact you after receiving the email.
Lost/Stolen Card Liability
If you lose your Maybank Visa Gold card, or it gets stolen, you must immediately report it to Maybank through their customer service hotline (632 588-3888) or domestic toll free number (1-800-10-588-3888). You can also send them a mail at cardsCS@maybank.com.ph about your grievance, mentioning the time and date of the incident or the day the unauthorized transaction was made. In case of delay in reporting, you will be liable to pay for all the fraudulent transactions made on your card.