Maybank is one of the most popular banks in Southeast Asia, with operations in Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia. Among its range of financial services are savings, investment and credit products suitable for every Filipino. Maybank Visa Platinum Credit Card is an air miles credit card that also gives you cashback.
Features of Maybank Visa Platinum Credit Card
Let us look at some features that make it worthwhile for you to get the Maybank Visa Platinum Card:
- Low conversion fee: Maybank has among the lowest conversion fees and interest rates in Philippines.
- Ideal travel card: The Maybank Visa Platinum gives you air miles that can be redeemed for flight tickets and other airline products, as well as cashback for overseas spends.
- Instalment payment plans: Maybank EzyConvert and EzyTransfer plans are available to those who want to convert your regular purchases into deferred instalments at low interest rates.
- Discounts: The card opens up a big world of special deals and discounts in shopping, travel, lifestyle, dining and entertainment.
- Global acceptance: This card is accepted in over 20 million places globally.
- Secure transactions: Maybank credit cards are EMV-compliant, which helps prevent fraudulent transactions. You receive an SMS notification for every successful transaction, which helps you keep track of the card usage.
- Earn 1 Asia Mile or Krisflyer Mile for every P50 spent.
- Get 1% cashback on overseas transactions. You can earn a maximum of P12,000 in cashback in a year.
- You can redeem the miles for flight tickets and other travel spends.
- Be aged between 21 to 65;
- Have a gross annual income of P600,000.
- Identity and address proofs:
- SSS ID
- GSIS ID
- TIN ID Card
- Company ID
- Driver’s Licence
- Other Government Issued IDs
- Income proof for salaried employees:
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) with Bank/BIR Stamp/or BIR Form 2316
- Original Certificate of Employment
- Salary slips for the most recent 3 months
- Active credit card number
- Income proof for self-employed persons:
- Latest Audited Financial Statements with Bank/BIR Stamp
- Most recent Income Tax Return (ITR) with Bank/BIR Stamp
- DTI or SEC Registration
- Active credit card number
Fees and charges
|Annual fee for primary card||P3,000 per year|
|Annual fee for supplementary card||P1,500 per year|
|Monthly effective interest rate||3%|
|Annual Miles Programme Premium||P500|
|Cash advance fee||3% of transaction amount or P500, whichever is higher|
|Late payment fee||5% of the minimum amount due or P500, whichever is higher|
|Lost card replacement fee||P400|
|Foreign exchange conversion fee||1%|
How to Apply for Maybank Visa Platinum Credit Card
To apply for the Maybank Visa Platinum Card, you can:
- Send an email to email@example.com expressing interest in getting the card. The bank will get in touch with you.
- Call the customer care hotline or toll free number and talk to the bank executives.
- Go to one of the 80 branches of Maybank in Philippines.
Lost/Stolen Card Liability
If your Maybank Visa Platinum Credit Card is lost or stolen, you need to immediately report it to Maybank through it Customer Service Hotline (632 588-3888) or domestic toll free number (1-800-10-588-3888). You can also send an email to cardsCS@maybank.com.ph. In the email, you need to mention the place, date, time and circumstances of the loss/theft and the last purchase made by you on the card. If you fail to report the loss or theft immediately, then you will be held responsible for the fraudulent transactions and will have to pay the dues even if the transactions were not made by you.