With an option to choose between a Visa Card and a MasterCard, you will enjoy all the benefits and perks of the metro with the Metrobank Classic Card. This credit card offers you a host of value added services and a rewards program for enhanced privileges and benefits.
Features and Benefits
- Annual fee waiver for the first year.
- MTXT – Know your credit card balance using MTXT on your mobile phone.
- MSOA – Enroll in MSOA and get your credit card statements sooner.
- Bills2Pay – You can pay your utility bills through your Metrobank Classic card.
- M Connect – This is an automated voice, email and text payment verification system. Metrobank is the first in the country to provide this service to connect better with customers.
- Balance transfer – Transfer your credit card balances to Metrobank Classic Card at low interest rates with easy instalment payment options.
- Cash2Go – Get cash against your card’s credit limit and repay through easy instalments.
- Cash Rush – Get cash instantly at ATMs using Cash Rush.
- 0% instalment program – Enjoy 0% interest on instalment payments for up to 24 months at merchant establishments. You can use this plan to purchase tickets, pay your tuition or hospital bills, buy gadgets and appliances, etc.
- For every P20 that you spend on your Metrobank Classic Card, you will earn 1 Point.
- You can accumulate your points and redeem them for premium products from the rewards catalogue or redeem them for air miles at Philippine Airlines, Singapore Airlines, or Cathay Pacific Airlines.
- M Here – Enjoy free gifts, great deals and discounts at M Here partner establishments.
- Annual fee waived on the supplementary card for the first year.
- Second year onwards, the annual fee charged is P800.
- You can assign credit limits on all supplementary Metrobank Classic Cards.
- Supplementary cardholders can design their own credit card with their favorite photo.
- Supplementary cardholders will earn 1 Point per P20 spent. Accumulated points can be redeemed for premium products from the rewards catalogue or air miles at Philippine Airlines, Singapore Airlines, or Cathay Pacific Airlines.
- Supplementary cardholders will have access to all value added services offered by Metrobank such as balance transfer, Bills2Pay, Cash Rush, Cash2Go, etc.
- Chip card protection: The Metrobank Classic Card has an embedded chip that will protect it from being cloned. This chip will make it harder for fraudsters to clone the card information and copy it to fake cards.
- Secure Online Shopping One Time Password or SOS-OTP: Every time you use your Metrobank Classic Card to make a purchase online, a unique SOS-OTP will be sent to you to complete your online transaction, making the payment more secure.
ID Proof documents – Submit any one of the following:
- Driver’s license.
- PRC or Professional Regulations Commission ID.
- Police Clearance.
- NBI or National Bureau of Investigation Clearance.
- Company ID
- Voter’s ID.
- Postal ID.
- GSIS or Government Service Insurance System E-card.
- SSS or Social Security System Card.
- Senior Citizen’s Card.
- PhilHealth Card.
- Any other ID issued by the Filipino Government or its instrumentalities.
ID Proof documents for foreigners:
- Visa or ACR (Alien Certificate of Registration) AND
- ICR (Immigrants Certificate of Residence, either registered with or supervised/regulated by SEC, IC or BSP.
The following documents must be submitted as income proof:
- Employed applicants:
- Latest ITR (Income Tax Return) stamped and received by BIR or by its agent bank which has been authorized AND/OR
- BIR Form 2316 signed by your employer AND
- Details of other credit cards with a principal card membership of 1 year OR
- COE (Certificate of Employment)/latest 1 month payslip.
- Self-employed applicants:
- Most recent audited financial statement with BIR/bank stamp AND
- A copy of DTI or SEC business registration AND
- Details of other credit cards with a principal card membership of 1 year.
Note – Documents submitted to the bank will not be returned, regardless of whether the application has been approved or rejected.
Fees and Charges
|Item/Product||Fees and charges|
|Annual fee for principal card||P1,500 (second year onwards)|
|Annual fee for supplementary card||P800 (second year onwards)|
|Retail Monthly Effective Interest Rate||3.54%|
|Late payment fee||P750|
|Cash advance fee||
|Over Limit fee||P500 for every occurrence|
How to Apply for the Metrobank Classic Card
Visit the Metrobank Card Corp. Philippines website and navigate to the Metrobank Classic Card webpage. On this webpage, scroll down to the bottom of the page where you will find an option called, “Apply for a Principal Card”. Select this option to be directed to the online “Card Application Form”. On this form, you will be required to fill in the following details – personal details, job details, financing details, spouse details, supplementary card details, delivery and payment details. Fill in all the information that is applicable to you and then upload documents for ID Proof, Income Proof and any other relevant documents. Submit the application form for review.
Lost/stolen card liabilities
In case your Metrobank Classic Card has been lost/misplaced/stolen, you must immediately notify the bank in one of the following ways:
- If you are in Metro Manila – Call the bank on their MCC Customer Service Hotline number on 8700-700.
- Call the bank’s Domestic Toll-Free Number on 1-800-888-5775.
- Write to the bank, reporting the incident.
After you have notified the bank through one of the aforementioned ways, you will not be liable for any fraudulent charges made on your credit card. However, you will still be liable for all charges on your credit card prior to the incident/notification. The bank will charge you a replacement fee to replace your credit card. The new credit card issued to you will have a different credit card number.