The MetroBank, also known as Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company is the second largest financial services institution in the Philippines and is known to be the crown jewel of the banking and investment industry in the Philippines. This bank is owned and run by business tycoon George Ty.
MetroBank became a founding member of BancNet along with CitiBank, Security Bank, RCBC and ChinaBank in the year 1990.
With over 800 international and local branches, subsidiaries and remittance offices, the MetroBank Group is the first ever local bank to offer CNY based offerings to their customers.
Some of the subsidiaries of the Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company are First Metro Investment Corporation, Philippine Savings Bank, Toyota Financial Services Corporation, MetroBank Card Corporation, Toyota Motor Philippines Corporation, Philippine Charter Insurance Corporation, SMBC Metro Investment Corporation, Toyota Manila Bay Corporation, ORIX Metro Leasing and Finance Corporation, Philippine AXA Life Insurance Corporation, First Metro Securities Corporation etc. among many others based in the USA, UK, Italy, Spain, Bahamas and Austria.
Overview of MetroBank Gold Credit Card
The MetroBank Gold Credit Card is your one way stairway to a great lifestyle upgrade which comes with attractive perks, exclusive privileges and pleasures that you always wanted.
Some of the features of this card are:
- Rewards and Freebies - For every spend of Php 20 made on your MetroBank Gold Credit Card you earn one reward point. You can redeem these points for premium purchases or air miles from Cathay Pacific Airlines, Philippines Airlines and Singapore Airlines.
- Chip Based Card - The MetroBank Gold Credit Card is a chip based credit card that can protect you from credit card frauds which occur due to cloning. Cloning takes place when your account and personal information are transferred and copied to a fake card.
- Assorted Value Added Services - The MetroBank Gold Credit Card is not just about rewards and secure banking. This card also gives you a huge variety of value added services, some of which are mentioned below:
- Cash2Go Facility - This facility lets you get fast cash instantly against your set credit limit. This can be repaid in easy installments over a period of time with your MetroBank Gold Credit Card.
- Bills2Pay Facility - This facility lets you pay all your utility bills using your credit card with ease and without any hassles of remembering numerous dates for each of the bills.
- Balance Inquiry via SMS (MTXT) - You can now check your balance and remaining available limit on your credit card by sending an SMS through your mobile phone using the MTXT option.
- CashRush - With CashRush by MetroBank, you can get instant cash when you need it through any ATM.
- Supplementary Cards - Share the luxury of a credit card with family while keeping a check on the card limit through Supplementary Cards.
- DesignMyCard - Use the DesignMyCard facility to personalize your credit card and use a photo of your choice to make it as unique as you are.
- Bill Payments - There are numerous modes of payment of your credit card bills. Pick any of your convenience from any PS Bank and MetroBank branch, PS Bank and MetroBank ATM, MetroBank Mobile Banking, MetroPhone or any Bancnet ATM.
- Balance Transfer - With the balance transfer facility, you can avail and enjoy installment payments at attractive interest rates when you transfer balances from other credit cards to your MetroBank Gold Credit Card.
- M Here Offers - This exclusive feature entitles you to avail free gifts, attractive discounts as well as exciting deals every time you use your MetroBank Gold Credit Card at M Here partner establishments. You can avail these one Buy 1 Get 1, Shopping, Dining and Wellness Centres.
Every time you apply for a credit card or a loan, the bank decides on approving the same based on your credibility to repay the amount. Your credibility is determined by the authenticity of the documents that you submit for verification.
Some of the mandate documents required are:
- A copy of the following ID proofs - PhilHealth Card, Senior Citizens Card, SSS Card, Passport, Postal ID, Driver's License, Voter’s ID, NBI Clearance, Police Clearance, Company ID, GSIS, PRC ID and all other valid proofs of identification issued by the government of Philippines.
- All foreigners who want to avail this credit card, must present your ACR (Alien Certificate of Registration) and ICR (Immigrants Certificate of Residence) which is registered with the SEC, BSP or IC.
- A copy of a valid proof of income -
- Those applicants who are salaried employees, must submit a copy of their most recent ITR, stamped by BIR or the employee's copy of the BIR Form 2316 signed by the employer. The Certificate of Employment and recent payslips and details of other active credit cards must also be submitted.
- Those who are self-employed must submit a copy of BIR stamped latest financial statement, a copy of the business registration and information about all other active credit cards.