The MetroBank Dollar MasterCard is ideal for frequent travelers as it offers ease and convenience when transacting in US Dollars anywhere in the world. All your transactions in currencies other than the US Dollar will be converted to USD automatically.
Features and Benefits
Listed below are the features and benefits of MetroBank Dollar MasterCard:
- Get billed in USD for payments using your MetroBank Dollar MasterCard.
- Enroll in MSOA to get your monthly credit card statements via email so that you can enjoy the benefits and security of the e-statement facility.
- Check your credit balance using your mobile phone via MTXT.
- M Connect is an innovative and automated voice, text, and email payment verification service for customers in the Philippines.
- MetroBank offers you easy and convenient payment options such as payments at any MetroBank or PSBank branch, (MetroBank, PSBank or Bancnet) ATM, MetroPhone, MetroBank mobile banking, internet banking at Metrobankdirect, and PSBank Remote Banking.
- Get free travel accident insurance coverage of P5 million for tickets purchased using your MetroBank Dollar MasterCard.
- Rewards program not applicable to MetroBank Dollar MasterCard.
The MetroBank Dollar MasterCard is equipped with a smart chip that acts as an effective security feature against card duplication. This smart chip technology is used to prevent credit card fraud. The chip technology is becoming a standard security measure for credit cards across the world. MetroBank credit cards with smart chips are accepted worldwide.
When you purchase tickets using your MetroBank Dollar MasterCard, you get Personal Travel Accident Insurance coverage of up to P5 million. For travel insurance claims, call Charter Ping An at 580-6863 or 580-6865.
MetroBank offers up to 4 supplementary cards. The primary cardholder is held liable for the credit usage and charges incurred on a supplementary card. You can set a monthly sub-limit for the supplementary card. A copy of the supplementary cardholder’s ID with photo and signature has to be submitted to the bank along with the application form. The identity proof document can be a Passport, Company ID, Driver's License, Postal ID, PRC ID, SSS ID, BIR ID, School ID, etc. The supplementary cardholder must be 14 to 80 years old. You will also get an annual fee waiver for the first year for a supplementary card.
The applicants must meet certain eligibility criteria to apply for MetroBank Dollar MasterCard in the Philippines. The requirements are:
- The primary cardholder must be minimum 21 years of age and the supplementary cardholder must be 14 to 80 years old.
- The applicant must be a Filipino citizen or a Philippines resident.
To apply for the MetroBank Dollar MasterCard, you must submit the following documents as your income, identity, and address proof:
- A copy of your ID with photo and signature. It can be your Passport, Driver's License, TIN ID, GSIS e-Card, Company ID, SSS ID or other government issued IDs.
- Income proof for salaried employees:
- Last 3 months’ payslips
- The latest ITR - BIR Form 2316
- Certificate of Employment and Income
- Letter of Appointment
- Salary Adjustment Memo issued within the latest month
- Latest service record for government employees
- A copy of last 2 months credit card billing statements
- Income proof for self-employed persons:
- The latest ITR forms with BIR stamp (BIR form 1701)
- Audited Financial Statement for the last 2 years with the latest ITR
- Details of other credit cards with a minimum of 1-year principal card membership
- Income proof for foreigners:
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Immigrants Certificate of Residence registered with or supervised or regulated by the BSP, SEC or IC
Fees and Charges
Listed below are the various fees and charges applicable for the MetroBank Dollar MasterCard:
|Annual fee||Principal card: P80 Supplementary card: P40 The annual fee is waived for the first year for the principal and supplementary cards.|
|EIR||3.54% per month based on non-cash advance balances and 3.97% on cash advance balance|
|Replacement card fee||$10|
|Finance charge||3.5% monthly|
|Cash advance fee||3% of the amount withdrawn or a flat fee of $12, whichever is higher. Additional $10 for over-the-counter transactions.|
|Over credit limit fee||$10 per occurrence|
|Late payment charge||$15, effective from March 1st, 2017|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||All transactions in currencies other than USD will be converted to USD based on Mastercard's currency conversion rate and charged an assessment fee + 1% processing fee.|
|Multiple payment fee||$1 per payment|
|Returned document fee||$6|
|Closed account maintenance fee||$4 or an amount equal to the credit balance, whichever is lower|
|Gaming transaction fee||5% of the transaction amount|
How to Apply for MetroBank Dollar MasterCard?
Visit the bank website to download the application form. Fill up the form and submit it with the necessary income, identity, and address proofs to the nearest MetroBank branch. To apply for supplementary cards, you can submit the application form and documents via fax to (02) 751-6161 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lost or Stolen Card Liabilities
In the case of loss or theft of your MetroBank Dollar MasterCard, ensure you immediately report the incident to the bank by calling the bank’s 24-hour customer care hotline number (8-700-700 for Metro Manila, 1-800-1-888-5775 for domestic toll-free calls, and 800-8-700-0707 for international toll-free calls). From the time of reporting the loss or theft of your card, you will be free of any charges or transactions made using your card. A replacement card will be issued. You will be charged a replacement fee of $10 for the card.