Founded in 1962, Metrobank has grown to become one of the foremost banking institutions in the country. The bank has a wide range of products and services stretching from consumer banking to corporate banking and commercial banking as well. The bank has a wide network of delivery channels including over 2,300 ATMS and over 950 branches across the country. Metrobank has even been increasing its presence outside Philippines with over 32 foreign branches. When it comes to credit cards, Metrobank has a wide range catering to the unique needs of its consumers. From travel to online shopping, Metrobank has a card that suits almost everyone’s needs. The Metrobank ON Internet card is one such card that caters to online shoppers. The features of the card are as follows.
Features and Benefits
- The card is designed to carry out transactions online. The card is meant to carry out virtual transactions in a secure manner.
- Cardholders can easily check their credit balance through text message. Cardholders simply need to send a text through MTXT to find out available credit limit, to check their outstanding balance and their statement.
- Payments are made easier through the first of its kind software called M-connect which allows cardholders to get notifications, reminders, and assists with payment related queries through their mobile phones.
- The card earns 1 reward point for every P20 charged to the card. Cardholders can use reward points to earn more credit limit. For every 10,100 reward points earned, the cardholder can get P500 worth of credit limit.
Since the card is tailored for online use, an extra layer of protection is offered for online transactions. The cardholder is automatically enrolled into an SOS-OTP. This stands for Secure Online Shopping One Time Password. The cardholder is provided a password that they need to enter in order to continue the transaction. The OTP is sent to the registered mobile number of the cardholder.
How to apply for Metrobank ON Internet Card
You can apply for a Metrobank ON Internet credit card through the following ways:
- Applying online: New or existing Metrobank cardholders can get the Metrobank ON Internet credit card by submitting the online application forms available on the Metrobank website. This paperless process involves the borrower having to fill out the application form and submit it along with the supporting documents required.
- Applying through a Metrobank branch: Borrowers can also get the credit card by visiting any of the banks’ participating branches and filling out the necessary application forms. The borrower will have to carry with them any supporting documents pertaining to their identity proof or proof of income.
The applicant must submit certain documents at the time of application.
ID Proof: The photocopy of the following documents are considered as valid proof of ID.
- Driver’s License.
- Police Clearance.
- Postal ID.
- Company ID.
- PhilHealth card.
- Senior Citizen’s card.
- NBI Clearance card.
- Voter’s ID.
- PRC ID or Professional Regulations Commission ID.
- SSS Card or Social Security Service card.
- GSIS or Government Service and Insurance System card.
- Any other valid ID issued by the Government of Philippines.
Proof of Income
- Self-employed applicants are required to provide a copy of their latest income tax return duly signed as received by BIR.
- Applicants can also provide the employer’s copy of the BIR Form 2316 that has been signed by the employer.
- Applicants should also provide a statement of account from any other principal credit card that they have held for a period of at least one year.
- Applicants can also submit a copy of their Certificate of Employment (COE) disclosing their income details and designation along with a latest copy of their payslip.
- Self-employed applicants are required to submit a copy of their latest audited financial statements (AFS) with the BIR stamp.
- Self-employed applicants are also required to provide either a copy of the SEC or the DTI business registration.
- Self-employed applicants should also provide a statement of account from any other principal credit card that they have held for a period of at least one year.
- Foreign applicants who are either salaried or self-employed, will have to provide a copy of their Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) or Immigrants Certificate of Registration in addition to the above applicable documents.
Fees and Charges
|Annual fees||P500 for principal credit card and P250 for Supplementary card. The annual fee is waived for the first year for both cards.|
|Effective rate of interest (Monthly)||The EIR on a monthly basis for the card is 3.54%.|
|Gaming fee||5% of the transacted amount.|
|Foreign currency transaction fee||2.50% of the amount converted into Pesos.|
|Returned Check Fee||P1,500 for every instance of check returned.|
|Late payment fee||P750 for every instance of late payment.|
|Over Limit Fee||P500 for every instance of exceeding credit limit.|
Report Stolen Cards
Cardholders must report any loss of card immediately. If the card has been lost or stolen, cardholders are required to report the same by calling the Metrobank Customer Care Hotline. Cardholders will be held liable for all purchases made using the card prior to reporting of the loss or theft of the card.