The Metrobank Peso Platinum MasterCard offers world-class privileges and 24 hour assistance to customers. This credit card has it all – rewards, perks, global assistance services and insurance that will protect you and family, at all costs.
Features and Benefits
- Annual fee waiver for the first year.
- VIP Customer Service available 24 hours – You will have access to a live customer service officer for any credit card issues you may have, round the clock.
- VIP Concierge Service available 24 hours – Get access to a range of personal assistance services from courier and flower delivery to dinner reservations, car rentals and golf course rentals to business services for international assistance.
- Global Emergency Services – Enjoy worldwide assistance on all your credit card related problems including reporting lost/stolen cards, emergency replacement of your credit card, cash advance features, etc.
- 0% instalment program – Enjoy 0% interest on instalment payments for up to 24 months at merchant establishments. You can use this plan to purchase tickets, pay your tuition or hospital bills, buy gadgets and appliances, etc.
- Bills2Pay – You can pay all your utility bills through your Metrobank credit card.
- Cash2Go – You can use your credit limit to get cash and repay in easy instalments.
- Cash Rush – Get instant cash at ATMs using Cash Rush.
- Balance transfer – Transfer your other card balances to this credit card at low interest rates with easy instalment payment options.
- M Connect – This is an automated voice, email and text payment verification system and Metrobank is the first in the country to provide this service to connect better with customers.
- Earn 1 Point per P20 spent on your Metrobank credit card.
- Earn triple reward points when making purchases at Rustan’s Department Store.
- You can use your earned points to redeem them for gifts from the rewards catalogue or for air miles at select airlines.
- M Here – Enjoy free gifts, discounts and deals on your credit card at Metrobank’s M Here partner establishments.
Metrobank offers free Travel Accident Insurance Cover up to P5 million for you and your family on the Peso Platinum MasterCard:
- Travel Personal Accident Cover:
- Cardholder – P5 million.
- Spouse – P2 million
- Each child (up to 3 children) – P1 million.
- Death/Disablement cover – 100% of the principal sum assured.
- Also covers animal bites, excluding mosquito bites.
- Maximum age for adult cover – 70 years.
- Exclusions – War and terrorism related injuries.
- Enjoy perpetual fee waiver on the first supplementary card.
- The annual fee for the second card onwards is P2,250.
- You can assign credit limits on all supplementary cards issued.
- Earn 1 point per P20 spent on the supplementary card.
- Supplementary cardholder will also receive perks and discounts from M Here partner establishments.
- Supplementary cardholders will also have access to Bills2Pay, balance transfer, Cash2Go and Cash Rush services, among others.
- Chip card protection: This credit card comes embedded with a chip that protects the card from being cloned. This will make it harder for fraudsters to clone your card information and copy it to a fake card.
- Secure Online Shopping One Time Password or SOS-OTP: Each time you use your Metrobank credit card to make a purchase online, an SOS-OTP unique for every transaction will be sent to you in order to complete your online transaction.
Documents Required for Metrobank Peso Platinum MasterCard
You will have to provide one of the following documents as ID Proof:
- Driver’s license.
- PRC or Professional Regulations Commission ID.
- Police Clearance.
- NBI or National Bureau of Investigation Clearance.
- Company ID
- Voter’s ID.
- Postal ID.
- GSIS or Government Service Insurance System E-card.
- SSS or Social Security System Card.
- Senior Citizen’s Card.
- PhilHealth Card.
- Any other ID issued by the Filipino Government or its instrumentalities.
Foreigners have to provide the following documents as ID Proof:
- Visa or ACR (Alien Certificate of Registration) AND
- ICR (Immigrants Certificate of Residence, either registered with or supervised/regulated by SEC, IC or BSP.
The following documents must be submitted as income proof:
- Employed applicants:
- Latest ITR (Income Tax Return) stamped and received by BIR or by its agent bank which has been authorized AND/OR
- BIR Form 2316 signed by your employer AND
- Details of other credit cards with a principal card membership of 1 year OR
- COE (Certificate of Employment)/latest 1 month payslip.
- Self-employed applicants:
- Most recent audited financial statement with BIR/bank stamp AND
- A copy of DTI or SEC business registration AND
- Details of other credit cards with a principal card membership of 1 year.
Note – Documents submitted to the bank will not be returned, irrespective of whether the application has been approved or rejected.
Fees and Charges
|Item/Product||Fees and charges|
|Annual fee for principal card||P4,500 (second year onwards)|
|Annual fee for supplementary card||P2,250 (second card onwards)|
|Retail Monthly Effective Interest Rate||3.54%|
|Late payment fee||P750|
|Cash advance fee||
|Over Limit fee||P500 for every occurrence|
How to Apply for Metrobank Peso Platinum MasterCard
You can apply for the Metrobank Peso Platinum MasterCard online on the bank’s official website. Visit the website and navigate to the Metrobank Peso Platinum MasterCard webpage. Scroll down to the bottom of the page where will find the option, “Apply for a Principal Card”. On selecting this option, you will be directed to the online “Card Application Form”. On this form, you will be required to provide your personal, job, financing, spouse, supplementary card, delivery and payment details. You will also need to upload the requested documents to complete your application.
Upon completing this form, you will have to submit your application for review.
Lost/Stolen Card Liabilities
If you have lost your Metrobank Peso Platinum MasterCard or it has been stolen, you must immediately notify the loss/theft to the bank by calling the MCC Customer Service Hotline number 8700-700 if you are in Metro Manila or contact their domestic toll-free number at 1-800-888-5775. Alternatively, you can also write to the bank, reporting the incident.
Upon verbally notifying the bank, you will not be liable for any fraudulent charges made on your credit card. You will, however, be liable for all transactions made prior to the incident/notification. You will be charged a replacement fee for your credit card and your replaced card will have a new credit card number.