The MetroBank, also known as Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company is the second largest financial services institution in the Philippines and is known to be the crown jewel of the banking and investment industry in the Philippines. This bank is owned and run by business tycoon George Ty.
MetroBank became a founding member of BancNet along with CitiBank, Security Bank, RCBC and ChinaBank in the year 1990.
With over 800 international and local branches, subsidiaries and remittance offices, the MetroBank Group is the first ever local bank to offer CNY based offerings to their customers.
Some of the subsidiaries of the Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company are First Metro Investment Corporation, Philippine Savings Bank, Toyota Financial Services Corporation, MetroBank Card Corporation, Toyota Motor Philippines Corporation, Philippine Charter Insurance Corporation, SMBC Metro Investment Corporation, Toyota Manila Bay Corporation, ORIX Metro Leasing and Finance Corporation, Philippine AXA Life Insurance Corporation, First Metro Securities Corporation etc. among many others based in the USA, UK, Italy, Spain, Bahamas and Austria.
Overview of MetroBank Robinsons-Cebu Pacific MasterCard
The MetroBank Robinsons-Cebu Pacific MasterCard is an all purpose credit card that earns you rewards when you fly as well as buy! This is the only credit card that lets you enjoy both these for free.
Features of the MetroBank Robinsons-Cebu Pacific MasterCard
Some of the features of this unique card are:
- Chip card technology - This credit card has an embedded chip in it that protects you from frauds that take place due to cloning. Cloning takes place when your account information and personal information are copied onto a fake credit card.
- Global acceptance - The MetroBank Robinsons-Cebu Pacific MasterCard is recognized and accepted in more than 23 million establishments in the world that accept the MasterCard logo.
- Cash advance facilities - With this amazing card, receive cash advances as and when you need it. You can withdraw the required amount at any PS Bank and MetroBank ATM or any other ATM in the world that accepts the Cirrus and MasterCard symbols.
- Simple payment options - To help you manage your finances in the best possible manner, MetroBank offers you the flexibility to repay the loan with any of the below mentioned schemes that they offer. You can pay:
- The total amount due
- The minimum amount due
- Any amount that is in between the total amount and the minimum amount due.
- Attractive Rewards Program - For every Php 200 spend anywhere on your Classic MasterCard, you earn 1 fly/buy point. You earn double the fly/buy points for every spend of Php 200 when you use your Robinsons-Cebu Pacific MasterCard to buy Cebu-Pacific tickets or make purchases at Robinson stores. Gold MasterCard holders earn 1 point for spends of Php 200 anywhere. However, you earn double the points on your spends at the Robinson stores or purchase of tickets for Cebu-Pacific.
- Robinsons - Cebu Pacific Buy/Fly Card - The points accumulated on your card can be exchanged for a card as soon as you accumulate 500 points. The value of 1 point is equal to Php 500. If you choose to redeem the card, it will be dispatched to your billing address. You can use this card to buy anything ranging from Cebu-Pacific tickets to groceries, apparel, gadgets and everything that you need from the Robinsons Store.
- Robinsons - Cebu Pacific Credit Back - With this option, you can fly or buy for free when you choose the credit back option. You can request for your earned points to be converted to cash once you have accumulated a minimum of 500 fly or buy points. 500 points is equivalent to Php 500 worth of cash credit. The cash will be credited to your Robinsons - Cebu Pacific MasterCard.
- Fly or Buy with your reward points - The cardholder can redeem their points at any Robinsons Store to avail a 50 percent discount on their purchase. The balance will be charged to the Robinsons - Cebu Pacific MasterCard.
- Bills2Pay Facility - MetroBank’s Bills2Pay autocharge option ensures that you don’t spend time dealing with due dates of bills. You can have your bills charged to this card and remember only one date to pay these bills.
- RCP/GO TXT - This facility lets you know your statement of balance, outstanding balance and available credit limit.
Every time you apply for a credit card or a loan, the bank decides on approving the same based on your credibility to repay the amount. Your credibility is determined by the authenticity of the documents that you submit for verification.
Some of the mandate documents required are:
- A copy of the following ID proofs - PhilHealth Card, Senior Citizens Card, SSS Card, Passport, Postal ID, Driver's License, Voter’s ID, NBI Clearance, Police Clearance, Company ID, GSIS, PRC ID and all other valid proofs of identification issued by the government of Philippines.
- All foreigners who want to avail this credit card, must present your ACR (Alien Certificate of Registration) and ICR (Immigrants Certificate of Residence) which is registered with the SEC, BSP or IC.
- A copy of a valid proof of income -
- Those applicants who are salaried employees, must submit a copy of their most recent ITR, stamped by BIR or the employee's copy of the BIR Form 2316 signed by the employer. The Certificate of Employment and recent payslips and details of other active credit cards must also be submitted.
- Those who are self-employed must submit a copy of BIR stamped latest financial statement, a copy of the business registration and information about all other active credit cards.