Metrobank in Philippines is a well known bank offering a variety of credit cards. Metrobank Robinson's Mastercard credit card is one among the many credit cards offered by the bank. The card offers rewards, rebates, discounts, points, etc in the shopping category. . Read on to know more about the card.
Features and Benefits
Listed below are the features and benefits of the card:
- It is a shopping credit card.
- There are two types of Metrobank Robinson’s Mastercard credit card- Classic card and Gold card.
- Enjoy 1 shopping point every time you spend P200 on your card.
- Enjoy 2 shopping points every time you spend P200 on your card at Robinson’s.
- The card offers additional benefits in the form of discounts and special shopping privileges.
- The card offers 0% installment payment plan for 3, 6, 9, 12, 18 and 24 monthly installment terms.
- You can avail free flights through Cebu Pacific through the GetGo program.
- The Robinsons rewards program allows you to use your points to pay for purchases in participating Robinsons stores and partner merchant establishments.
- The Robinsons MasterCard has an embedded chip that can protect you from credit card fraud due to cloning.
- The annual fee is waived off for the first year for the primary and supplementary card.
- The card is available to both nationals and Foreigners.
- Low rate of interest.
- Supplementary cards available.
- Hassle free application process.
- Easy and minimal documentation.
- Can be applied for online and offline.
Given below is the detailed explanation of the rewards scheme on the card:
- The card offers 1 shopping point for every P200 spent on the credit card.
- Earn 4 bonus points for every P20 you spend on overseas purchases and overseas online purchases.
- Earn one 1 shopping point for every P200 spend anywhere.
- Earn double 2 shopping points for every P200 spend and when you use your card abroad.
- Earn triple 3 shopping points for every P200 spend when you shop at any Robinsons store.
You can use your earned Shopping Points to pay for up to 50% of your purchases at any Robinsons store. 1 Shopping Point is equivalent to P1. The balance must be charged to your Robinsons MasterCard.
Currently, the card does not offer any insurance. Please check with the bank at the time of application.
One can avail supplementary credit cards for their loved ones by paying a nominal fee. The supplementary cards also qualify for reward points.
The bank has ensured that your transactions stay protected with the card:
- SMS Alerts- Every time you make a transaction on your credit card, you will receive a message on your registered mobile number with details of the transactions.
- Email Alerts- Every time you make a transaction on your credit card, you will receive a message on your registered email ID with details of the transaction.
Given below is the eligibility criteria for the card:
- The applicant has to maintain a Total Relationship Balance (TRB) of P4,000,000 or its foreign currency equivalent. TRB includes your deposits and investments.
- The applicant must be a Philippine resident or a Filipino citizen.
Given below is a list of documents required in order to apply for the card for Filipino citizens:
For Filipino citizens
- Proof of Income-
- For Employed (Required): Photocopy of latest BIR Form 2316 signed by employer's authorized representative AND one of the following:
- Original copy of Certificate of Employment and Income (COEI) indicating status, length of service, and compensation breakdown
- Photocopy of latest full month payslip
- For Self-Employed (Required):
- Photocopy of Registration of Business Name
- For Single Proprietorship issued by DTI
- For Partnership/Corporation issued by SEC
- Photocopy of latest ITR and W4 with BIT/Bank Stamp Audited Financial Statements for the last 2 years; OR
- Bank Statements for the last 3 months
- Proof of identity- Any government issued ID
- Copy of Employment Contract or Certificate of Employment
- Letter from Embassy (if Embassy Official)
- Submit photocopy of ANY ONE of the following:
- Valid Passport with Resident Visa
- Work Permit and Valid Visa
- Special Investor's Resident Visa and Visa's Philippine Economic Zone Authority or Visa with EO22
- ACR or ICR or ACR-1
Fees and Charges
Given below is a list of fees and charges charged on the credit card:
|Primary card annual fee||P5,000 per annum (Annual fee waived for the first year)|
|Supplementary card annual fee||P2,500 per annum (Annual fee waived for the first year)|
|Cash advance||30% limit|
|Cash Advance Monthly Effective Interest Rate||3.75%|
|Cash Advance fee||3% of the amount withdrawn of P500, whichever is higher.|
|Finance Charge||3.50% per annum|
How to apply for Metrobank Robinson's Mastercard credit card
Applying for card Metrobank Robinson's Mastercard credit card is very easy. The applicant can either apply for the credit card online or do it offline at one of the bank’s branches in Philippines.
- Online- The applicant can visit the official website of the bank if they wish to apply for the card online. At the official website, the applicant can choose the card of their choice and apply for it by downloading the form and submitting it with relevant documents. The applicant can also apply for the card on third party financial websites.
- Offline- If the cardholder wishes to apply for the card offline, they can do so by visiting one of the bank’s branches in Philippines.
How to Report a Stolen Card?
In case you lose your Metrobank Robinson's Mastercard credit card, you can contact the bank at + 1 314 275 6781 and the bank will cancel your lost card and arrange a card replacement. If you need cash, the bank will arrange an emergency advance that can be collected at over 245,000 outlets across 200 countries.
Additional pre-approved Premier credit cards will be offered to your family members and they can also benefit from the emergency support services, giving you peace of mind.