Founded in 1962, Metrobank has grown to become one of the foremost banking institutions in the country. The bank has a wide range of products and services stretching from consumer banking to corporate banking and commercial banking as well. The bank has a wide network of delivery channels including over 2,300 ATMS and over 950 branches across the country. Metrobank has even been increasing its presence outside Philippines with over 32 foreign branches. When it comes to credit cards, Metrobank has a wide range catering to the unique needs of its consumers. From travel to online shopping, Metrobank has a card that suits almost everyone’s needs. The Metrobank Toyota MasterCard is one such card that caters to the motorist. The features of the card are as follows.
Features of Metrobank Toyota MasterCard
- The card offers exclusive discounts at Toyota dealers. Cardholders can get a discount of up to 10% on original Toyota spare parts, accessories and labour fees.
- Cardholders can enjoy 24/7 roadside assistance.
- Cardholders can enjoy rebates of up to 3% on fuel expenses incurred at over 500 participating Petron fuel stations.
- Cardholders can pay their utility bills with ease using the Toyota MasterCard.
- Cardholders can get cash advances against their credit limit and pay it off in affordable instalments.
- Cardholders can enquire about available credit limits, outstanding balances and statements of their card through mobile alerts.
- Cardholders can get phone reminders on payment due dates.
- The card earns 1 reward point for every P20 charged to the card.
- The card earns double reward points at Toyota dealers.
- The points earned on the card can be redeemed for a wide range of gifts and even for air miles that can be used at partner airlines such as Philippine Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airlines, and Singapore Airlines.
The applicant must submit certain documents at the time of application.
ID Proof: The photocopy of the following documents are considered as valid proof of ID.
- Driver’s License.
- Police Clearance.
- Postal ID.
- Company ID.
- PhilHealth card.
- Senior Citizen’s card.
- NBI Clearance card.
- Voter’s ID.
- PRC ID or Professional Regulations Commission ID.
- SSS Card or Social Security Service card.
- GSIS or Government Service and Insurance System card.
- Any other valid ID issued by the Government of Philippines.
Proof of Income
- Self-employed applicants are required to provide a copy of their latest income tax return duly signed as received by BIR.
- Applicants can also provide the employer’s copy of the BIR Form 2316 that has been signed by the employer.
- Applicants should also provide a statement of account from any other principal credit card that they have held for a period of at least one year.
- Applicants can also submit a copy of their Certificate of Employment (COE) disclosing their income details and designation along with a latest copy of their payslip.
- Self-employed applicants are required to submit a copy of their latest audited financial statements (AFS) with the BIR stamp.
- Self-employed applicants are also required to provide either a copy of the SEC or the DTI business registration.
- Self-employed applicants should also provide a statement of account from any other principal credit card that they have held for a period of at least one year.
- Foreign applicants who are either salaried or self-employed, will have to provide a copy of their Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) or Immigrants Certificate of Registration in addition to the above applicable documents.
Fees and Charges
|Annual fees||P2,500 for principal credit card and P1,250 for Supplementary card. The annual fee is waived for the first year for both cards.|
|Effective rate of interest (Monthly)||The EIR on a monthly basis for the card is 3.54%.|
|Cash Withdrawal fee||The fee for withdrawal is P600 or 3% of the withdrawn amount, whichever is higher. The interest on cash withdrawals is 3.96% of the amount withdrawn.|
|Gaming fee||5% of the transacted amount.|
|Foreign currency transaction fee||2.50% of the amount converted into Pesos.|
|Returned Check Fee||P1,500 for every instance of check returned.|
|Late payment fee||P750 for every instance of late payment.|
|Over Limit Fee||P500 for every instance of exceeding credit limit.|
How to apply for Metrobank Toyota MasterCard
You can apply for a Metrobank Toyota Mastercard credit card through the following ways:
- Applying online: New or existing Metrobank cardholders can get the Metrobank Toyota Mastercard credit card by submitting the online application forms available on the Metrobank website. This paperless process involves the borrower having to fill out the application form and submit it along with the supporting documents required.
- Applying through a Metrobank branch: Borrowers can also get the credit card by visiting any of the banks’ participating branches and filling out the necessary application forms. The borrower will have to carry with them any supporting documents pertaining to their identity proof or proof of income.
Report Stolen Cards
Cardholders must report any loss of card immediately. If the card has been lost or stolen, cardholders are required to report the same by calling the Metrobank Customer Care Hotline. Cardholders will be held liable for all purchases made using the card prior to reporting of the loss or theft of the card.