The MetroBank, also known as Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company is the second largest financial services institution in the Philippines and is known to be the crown jewel of the banking and investment industry in the Philippines. This bank is owned and run by business tycoon George Ty. MetroBank became a founding member of BancNet along with CitiBank, Security Bank, RCBC and ChinaBank in the year 1990.
Some of the subsidiaries of the Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company are First Metro Investment Corporation, Philippine Savings Bank, Toyota Financial Services Corporation, MetroBank Card Corporation, Toyota Motor Philippines Corporation, Philippine Charter Insurance Corporation, SMBC Metro Investment Corporation, Toyota Manila Bay Corporation, ORIX Metro Leasing and Finance Corporation, Philippine AXA Life Insurance Corporation, First Metro Securities Corporation etc. among many others based in the USA, UK, Italy, Spain, Bahamas and Austria.
With over 800 international and local branches, subsidiaries and remittance offices, the MetroBank Group is the first ever local bank to offer CNY based offerings to their customers.
Overview of MetroBank World MasterCard
The MetroBank World MasterCard is one of the few all-encompassing credit cards available in the Philippines. Apart from the exemplary features and benefits that this card offers, card holders receive the best services from anywhere in the world.
- Earn Rewards every time you Shop - For every Php 20 that you spend using your MetroBank World MasterCard in the Philippines, you earn one reward point. Earn double the reward points on transactions made abroad.
- Chip Based Card - The MetroBank Gold Credit Card is a chip based credit card that can protect you from credit card frauds which occur due to cloning. Cloning takes place when your account and personal information are transferred and copied to a fake card.
- Reward Redemption anywhere in the World - The MetroBank World MasterCard is the only credit card in the world that allows you to convert all your reward points into cash credits. This gives you the privilege of redeeming anything that you wish for. You can also redeem these points for premium purchases or air miles from Cathay Pacific Airlines, Philippines Airlines and Singapore Airlines.
Features & Benefits
- M Here Offers - This exclusive feature entitles you to avail free gifts, attractive discounts as well as exciting deals every time you use your MetroBank Gold Credit Card at M Here partner establishments. You can avail these one Buy 1 Get 1, Shopping, Dining and Wellness Centres.
- First Supplementary Card for Free - The annual fee is waived off for life on the first supplementary card that you take with your MetroBank World MasterCard. You can enjoy all the privileges absolutely free of cost.
- Special Privileges for Special Cardholders - As a MetroBank World Credit Card holder, you are a special and privileged customer. You therefore receive special invites private sale events, fashion shows, the best spa’s in the world among many many more.
- Premium Offers from all over the Globe - This card gives you access to a vast array of premium privileges across the best brands in the Philippines and all over the world. This includes restaurants, stores, resorts, spas that cater to your interests.
- Emergency Services Globally - If you lose your credit card, or your credit card is stolen, or you need a replacement for your card or even cash advances; you are one number away from receiving the best customer service. All you have to do is call the toll-free number at 1-800-1-111-00061.
- Round the Clock - VIP Customer Service - For any concerns related to your credit cards, you can instantly call a customer service officer for a more personalized service at the below mentioned hotline numbers:
- International Toll-free - 800-8-700-0707
- Domestic Toll-free - 1-800-10-8700-707
- VIP Customer Service - (632) 8700-707
- Assorted Value Added Services - The MetroBank Gold Credit Card is not just about rewards and secure banking. This card also gives you a huge variety of value added services, some of which are mentioned below:
- Cash2Go Facility - This facility lets you get fast cash instantly against your set credit limit. This can be repaid in easy installments over a period of time with your MetroBank Gold Credit Card.
- Bills2Pay Facility - This facility lets you pay all your utility bills using your credit card with ease and without any hassles of remembering numerous dates for each of the bills.
- CashRush - With CashRush by MetroBank, you can get instant cash when you need it through any ATM.
- Supplementary Cards - Share the luxury of a credit card with family while keeping a check on the card limit through Supplementary Cards.
- Bill Payments - There are numerous modes of payment of your credit card bills. Pick any of your convenience from any PS Bank and MetroBank branch, PS Bank and MetroBank ATM, MetroBank Mobile Banking, MetroPhone or any Bancnet ATM.
- Balance Transfer - With the balance transfer facility, you can avail and enjoy installment payments at attractive interest rates when you transfer balances from other credit cards to your MetroBank Gold Credit Card.
Every time you apply for a credit card or a loan, the bank decides on approving the same based on your credibility to repay the amount. Your credibility is determined by the authenticity of the documents that you submit for verification.
Some of the mandate documents required are:
- A copy of the following ID proofs - PhilHealth Card, Senior Citizens Card, SSS Card, Passport, Postal ID, Driver's License, Voter’s ID, NBI Clearance, Police Clearance, Company ID, GSIS, PRC ID and all other valid proofs of identification issued by the government of Philippines.
- All foreigners who want to avail this credit card, must present your ACR (Alien Certificate of Registration) and ICR (Immigrants Certificate of Residence) which is registered with the SEC, BSP or IC.
- A copy of a valid proof of income -
- Those applicants who are salaried employees, must submit a copy of their most recent ITR, stamped by BIR or the employee's copy of the BIR Form 2316 signed by the employer. The Certificate of Employment and recent payslips and details of other active credit cards must also be submitted.
- Those who are self-employed must submit a copy of BIR stamped latest financial statement, a copy of the business registration and information about all other active credit cards.