The MetroBank World MasterCard offers you special invites to fashion previews, world-class spas, performance events, and private sales events. You can enrich your shopping experience with rewards points that can be redeemed for gift vouchers or air miles.
Features and Benefits
Listed below are the features and benefits of MetroBank World MasterCard:
- With Cash Rush, get instant cash whenever you need it via ATM.
- With Cash2Go, get fast cash against your credit limit. You can pay in easy monthly installments using your MetroBank credit card.
- Using the Balance Transfer program, you can transfer all outstanding balances from others cards to the MetroBank credit card.
- With Bills2Pay, you can pay your utility bills easily using your MetroBank credit card.
- Get discounts, free gifts, and exciting deals with your MetroBank credit card at M Here partner outlets in the Philippines.
- Using the Balance Transfer program, you can transfer all outstanding balances from other cards to your MetroBank World MasterCard.
- Pay for high ticket items such as tuition fees, wedding expense, and medical bills in installment at low interest rates for longer time periods.
- Your monthly credit card statements will be sent to your email address so that you can enjoy the benefits and security of the e-statement facility, MSOA.
- Check your credit balance using your mobile phone via MTXT.
- M Connect is an innovative and automated voice, text, and email payment verification service for customers in the Philippines.
- With MetroBank credit card, get 24-hour VIP concierge service for hotel and travel assistance.
- MetroBank offers you easy payment options such as payments at any MetroBank or PSBank branch, (MetroBank, PSBank or Bancnet) ATM, MetroPhone, MetroBank mobile banking, internet banking at Metrobankdirect, and PSBank Remote Banking.
- With your MetroBank World MasterCard, you can get B&W Warranty wherein the product’s warranty is extended up to 1 year when the original manufacturer’s warranty is 2 years or less.
- Global emergency services: For emergency card replacement, card loss or theft reporting, and cash advance, call the dedicated toll-free number at 1-800-1-111-00061.
With your MetroBank World MasterCard, you can earn 1 rewards point per P20 spend. You can redeem the rewards point for gift vouchers or air miles. You can earn 2X rewards points for international transactions and 3X rewards points for purchases at Rustan’s Department Store. To redeem your rewards points, visit the bank’s website and choose your reward from the rewards catalogue, then call the customer service hotline at 8-700-700 for Metro Manila and 1-800-1-888-5775 for domestic toll-free calls.
The MetroBank World MasterCard is equipped with a smart chip which acts as an effective security feature against card duplication. This smart chip technology is used to prevent credit card fraud.
With MetroBank World MasterCard, you get the following insurance coverages:
- Get Purchase Protection coverage of up to P2,50,000 wherein your purchases are insured from theft, loss or damage within 90 days from the date of purchase.
- Purchase your airline ticket using MetroBank World MasterCard and get Personal Travel Accident Insurance coverage of up to P5 million.
MetroBank offers up to 4 supplementary cards. The primary cardholder is held liable for the credit usage and charges incurred on a supplementary card. You can set a monthly sub-limit for the supplementary card. A copy of the supplementary cardholder’s ID with photo and signature has to be submitted to the bank along with the application form. The identity proof document can be a Passport, Company ID, Driver's License, Postal ID, PRC ID, SSS ID, BIR ID, School ID, etc. The supplementary cardholder must be 14 to 80 years old. Listed below are the features of the supplementary card:
- Earn 1 rewards point for every P20 that the supplementary cardholder spends. You can redeem the points for gift vouchers or air miles from Cathay Pacific Airlines, Philippine Airlines, and Singapore Airlines.
- Get annual fee waiver for the first 2 supplementary cards.
The applicants must meet certain eligibility criteria to apply for MetroBank World MasterCard in the Philippines. The requirements are:
- The primary cardholder must be minimum 21 years of age and the supplementary cardholder must be 14 to 80 years old.
- The applicant must be a Filipino citizen or a Philippines resident.
To apply for the MetroBank World MasterCard, you must submit the following documents as your income, identity, and address proof:
- A copy of your ID with photo and signature. It can be your Passport, Driver's License, TIN ID, GSIS e-Card, Company ID, SSS ID or other government issued IDs.
- Income proof for salaried employees:
- Last 3 months’ payslips
- The latest ITR - BIR Form 2316
- Certificate of Employment and Income
- Letter of Appointment
- Salary Adjustment Memo issued within the latest month
- Latest service record for government employees
- A copy of last 2 months credit card billing statements
- Income proof for self-employed persons:
- The latest ITR forms with BIR stamp (BIR form 1701)
- Audited Financial Statement for the last 2 years with the latest ITR
- Details of other credit cards with a minimum of 1-year principal card membership
- Income proof for foreigners:
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Immigrants Certificate of Residence registered with or supervised or regulated by the BSP, SEC or IC
Fees and Charges
Listed below are the various fees and charges applicable for the MetroBank World MasterCard:
|Annual fee||Principal card: P6,000 Supplementary card: P3,000 The annual fee is waived for the first year for the principal card, and for life for the first 2 supplementary cards.|
|EIR||3.54% per month, calculated on a daily basis|
|Cash advance fee||3% of the amount withdrawn or P600, whichever is higher.|
|Cash advance Over-the-Counter fee||P500|
|Over credit limit fee||P500 per occurrence|
|Returned cheque fee||P1,500 per cheque|
|Late payment charge||7.50% of the overdue amount or P750, whichever is higher.|
|Minimum amount due||4% of your total statement balance + past due amount + any amount in excess of your credit limit, or P200, whichever is higher.|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.5% charge on the converted amount. Purchases done in foreign currency will be converted to Peso at the MasterCard’s currency rate.|
|Instalment acceleration fee||5% of the remaining balance or P500, whichever is higher|
|Multiple payment fee||P50|
|Closed account maintenance fee||P200|
|Gaming transaction fee||5% of the transaction amount|
|Cash2Go processing fee||P100|
|Balance conversion processing fee||P100|
How to apply for MetroBank World MasterCard?
Visit the bank website to download the application form. Fill up the form and submit it with the necessary income, identity, and address proofs to the nearest MetroBank branch.
Lost or stolen card liabilities
In the case of loss or theft of the MetroBank World MasterCard, the cardholder should immediately report the incident by calling the bank’s 24-hour customer care hotline number (8-700-700 for Metro Manila, 1-800-1-888-5775 for domestic toll-free calls, 800-8-700-0707 for international toll-free calls, and (632) 8700-707 for VIPs). From the time of reporting the loss or theft of your card, you will be free of any charges or transactions made using your card. A replacement card will be issued. You will be charged a replacement fee for the card.