Overview of Petron-BPI MasterCard
BPI is a leading bank in the Philippine Islands. This bank provides excellent credit cards for various purposes. You can enjoy financial flexibility with cards from BPI. You will receive exclusive rewards and benefits with these credit cards. Petron-BPI MasterCard is a credit card specially designed for the motorists.
Features and Benefits
Let us take a look at some of the features and benefits of Petron-BPI MasterCard:
- When you go for this credit card, your annual fee will be waived for the first year.
- A Petron-BPI MasterCard gives you rebates on fuel when you fill fuel at certain Petron stations.
- Petron-BPI MasterCard is a great credit card for people who use their own vehicle to travel every day.
- You can choose from the various BPI-accredited Petron stations as well as automobile-related partner merchants.
- You can enjoy rebates of up to P15,000 during every calendar year. These rebates will be provided to you in your billing statement for next month.
When you take a credit card, you will be given certain exclusive benefits. After you sign up for a Petron-BPI MasterCard and receive it, you can enjoy free fuel worth P200.
Let us take a look at some of the rewards offered by Petron-BPI MasterCard:
- You will receive a rebate of 3% when you fill fuel at selected Petron stations.
- Along with this 3% rebate, you will receive a full tank for free every year. This will give you savings of 1.50 whenever you buy 1 litre of fuel.
- This rebate is calculated according to Petron XCS Plus which is charged at P47 for each litre. This is for an average use of 40 litres a week.
- When you get the Petron-BPI MasterCard, you will receive free fuel from Petron that is worth P200.
- With a Petron-BPI MasterCard, you will get Real 0% interest when you spend a minimum amount at L.A. Car Accessories. For this card, you will have to spend a minimum of P3,000. Your Special Instalment Plan (S.I.P) at Real 0% will be for 3 months.
Petron-BPI MasterCard gives a supplementary card for your loved ones. Your family members can use this card to enjoy the benefits of the card just like how you do. The annual fees for supplementary cards will be different.
- BPI has advanced security features for credit card transactions. The bank has started a BPI one-time password (OTP) for BPI credit card and debit card transactions from January, 2017. This has been introduced to prevent fraud effectively. You will be required to key in a 6-digit password for all your credit card transactions carried out online. You will receive the password as an SMS or an email in your registered contact details.
- You may have to update your contact details in order to utilise this OTP service. You can go to the official website of BPI and update account information under the credit card section.
- You will also get a text message from the Credit Fraud Control Team of BPI for validating strange and unusual transactions. This is sent to all BPI cardholders.
- When you get this SMS, you will have to confirm your purchase. You can reply to the SMS by using the format provided by the bank. You will have to use FRAUD or VALID along with the reference number.
- You can also update your credit card details frequently so that your bank can contact you instantly when any confirmation has to be made urgently.
Let us take a look at the eligibility criteria for Petron-BPI MasterCard:
- You should be a salaried individual.
- Your annual income should be at least P180,000.
- Your credit card application form
- Salary slips for a minimum of 3 months OR
- Income tax return and financial statements OR
- Employer's Certificate of Compensation Payment or Tax Withheld
- Your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
Fees and Charges
Let us take a look at the fees and charges for the Petron-BPI MasterCard:
|Annual fee for first supplementary card||No annual fee for life|
|Annual fee for 2nd to 6th supplementary cards||P775|
|Late payment fee||Higher amount of 6% of outstanding amount or P500|
How to Apply for Petron-BPI MasterCard
- You can apply for a Petron-BPI MasterCard by applying on the official website of BPI.
- You can also apply by visiting a BPI branch and meeting a representative.
- You can track your application status either through BPI’s online banking or phone banking features.
Lost or stolen card liabilities
When your Petron-BPI MasterCard gets stolen or lost, you can contact domestic toll-free 1-800-188-89100 (Outside Metro Manila) or BPI Phone banking at (02) 89-100 (Metro Manila) right away. You can request to get your card replaced.