Launched in 1916, PNB is one of the fastest growing banks in the Philippines. It is known for a plethora of financial products that it offers to its wide consumer base. The credit cards offered by this bank cater to cardholders from every age group. The PNB Alumni Association of Asian Institute of Management or the PNB-AIM Platinum MasterCard is exclusive to the alumni members of AIM and is loaded with attractive features and privileges.
Features and Benefits
- For all the big-ticket purchases made on this card, the cardholders can choose a payment term varying from 3, 6, 12, 18, and 24 months. This flexible payment option is available at 0% interest.
- The cardholder is allowed to withdraw 30% of their credit limit using their PNB-AIM Platinum MasterCard. They can withdraw cash from more than 5,000 BancNet counters in the Philippines, 820,000 ATMs all over the world and 600 PNB ATMs.
- Cardholders of PNB-AIM Platinum MasterCard can use their card in any corner of the world because it is accepted by more than 22 million merchants across the globe. Payment of bill is made convenient by channels like branches of PNB, Allied Savings Bank, Savemore Payment Centres across the Philippines, through BancNet Online, SM and BDO branches.
- Using the balance transfer feature available on this card, the cardholders can transfer all of their outstanding balance to their PNB-AIM Platinum MasterCard.
- For every reward that the cardholder earns on the card, they can redeem it with a Mabuhay Mile. The cardholder needs to gather a bulk of 2,000 points for the initial redemption. Later, the redemptions can be done in bulks of 100.
- PNB-AIM Platinum MasterCard cardholders can avail a flexible and convenient billing system as it gives out the bills in US Dollars for international transactions and in Peso for local customers. So, one can choose their desired currency based on the nature of the expense.
Each time a cardholder spends P50 on their PNB AIM Platinum MasterCard, they earn one reward point. Cardholders can redeem their reward points in blocks of 500.
Fraud Transaction Insurance: By paying P10 per month, cardholders can get an insurance against any fraudulent transactions made on their card. For more details on this, one can give a call at the bank's domestic toll-free number-1800-10-818-9-818.
- Purchase-Protection Insurance: Cardholders can avail extended warranty with this insurance feature on items bought using this card. It also provides coverage against accidental damage and theft for up to 90 days from the date of purchase of the item.
- Travel insurance: Cardholders get free travel insurance of up to P3 million if they buy travel tickets using their PNB card. This facility also includes coverage against lost luggage and flight delays.
One-Time PIN or OTP: This security feature has been implemented on all online transactions made through your PNB Credit Card. Cardholders will receive a One-Time PIN or OTP for every online transaction that they make. They will receive this OTP on their registered mobile number. The OTP will provide them with an added level of security from unauthorized purchases made using your card.
To receive this OTP, they must update their mobile number with the bank in case of any changes. If they wish to update their mobile number, they can contact the bank on their Customer Service Hotline Number available 24/7 at 02-818-9-818 or on DTF at 1800-10-818-9-818.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for this credit card:
- The principal applicant must be a Filipino or should be a permanent resident of the Philippines.
- The supplementary cardholder should be above 16 years.
- The principal cardholder should be an alumni of the Asian Institute of Management.
- The annual income required is P120,000.
- If salaried, the applicant should be a regular employee for at least a year.
- If self-employed, the applicant should be in the business for at least 2 years.
The following documents must be submitted to complete the application process:
- A valid ID Proof document containing your signature and photo such as your passport, Social Security System Card or SSS Card, TIN Card, etc.
- BIR Form 1700 (Most recent Income Tax Return) or BIR Form 2316 (Certificate of Payment or Tax Withheld).
Employed applicants must submit one of the following documents:
- A copy of last 3 months’ payslips.
- A copy of last 2 months’ credit card statements – the applicant must be a principal cardholder, having a good credit standing for 12 months with another credit card issuer.
- Original COE (Certificate of Employment) – the certificate must contain your hire date, your designation, and your gross income.
Self-employed/business persons/proprietors must submit:
- A copy of the business registration with the SEC or DTI.
- Last 2 years’ audited financial statements that include your income statement and balance sheet.
- Most recent ITR or Income Tax Return containing bank/BIR validation.
Fees and Charges
|Annual fee||Waived for life for both, principal and supplementary cardholders|
|Cash advance transaction fee||P100|
|Cash advance service fee||5% of the cash advance amount|
|Late payment fee||P300|
|Card replacement fee||P400|
|Foreign exchange conversion fee||1.5%|
How to apply for PNB Alumni Association of Asian Institute of Management Platinum MasterCard
Applicants can apply for a PNB Alumni Association of Asian Institute of Management via email. They will just have to fill all the relevant fields given in the application form that is available on the bank’s official website. The application process is self-explanatory. The applicant will need to fill the form, sign it, scan it, and then send it through email to the bank’s official email ID. One can also fill the application form that is available on the website, take a printout, and then submit it at their nearest PNB branch.
Lost/Stolen Card Liability
If your PNB Alumni Association of Asian Institute of Management is lost, stolen, or misplaced you must immediately contact the bank and report the incident at 818-9-818 or on their toll-free number at 1800-10-1800-9818.
If you inform the bank within 4 days of the loss/theft, you will lose a maximum of $50 in case someone has used your security credentials without your authorization. However, if you do not inform the bank within 4 days and the bank can prove that the incident could have been stopped, you could lose up to $500. If you have signed up for the Fraud Transaction Insurance for your credit card, you will stay protected from fraudulent transactions made on your card.