Philippine National Bank (PNB) was set up in 1916 and is one of the largest banks on the island. It has a long list of financial products and services including credit cards, secured and unsecured loans, investment banking, insurance, and overseas banking. Its credit card portfolio consists of unique cards made especially for Filipinos. The co-branded card with the Alumni Association of Xavier School (AAXS) is one such card. The AAXS is one of the most exclusive Chinese schools and only its alumni are eligible to get this credit card.
Features and Benefits of PNB-AAXS Platinum MasterCard
The PNB-AAXS Platinum MasterCard is a symbol of Xavier pride. And here are the reasons why:
- Dual billing: The PNB-AAXS Platinum MasterCard gives you two bills – one containing all Peso transactions and another for dollar transactions. You can also pay the bills in either of the currencies.
- Cash advance: In case of emergencies, you can borrow up to 30% of your credit limit from your PNB credit card. You can make this cash withdrawal from any of the PNB or MasterCard ATMs or BancNet centres.
- Balance transfer: You can transfer the balance on your credit card from another bank to PNB, at a low interest rate for the first few months. This will help you save money and also be part of the awesome PNB-AAXS network.
- PNB MasterCard inControl: You can control your spending by allocating spending limits on your PNB credit card. Register yourself on pnbcards.com.ph/incontrol and decide when, how and where you want your cards to be allowed to be used.
- 24x7 customer service: You can ask any queries related to your credit card to the 24x7 customer service centre by contacting them on phone. The numbers are: 818-9818 for Metro Manila and 1800-10-818-9818 for toll-free. You can also email on email@example.com.
- MasterCard Moments: Enjoy exclusive privileges and discounts with MasterCard Moments. You will receive e-newsletters notifying you of the deals available every month. You can also get previews of upcoming bargains through the MasterCard Moments website.
- LuXeclusive instalment payment plan: If you don’t want to pay for your entire purchase on the spot, you can convert the payment into instalment payment plans. The 0% Affordable Payment Plan and LuXeclusive plans are available to you for regular purchases as well as luxury transactions.
- You earn 1 reward point for each P50 that you spend using your PNB-AAXS Platinum MasterCard.
- You can choose to convert the reward points into Mabuhay Miles. One point is equal to 1 Mabuhay Mile.
- Your first redemption of points against miles has to be 2,000 lump sum points. After that, you can redeem in blocks of 100 points.
- You can also choose to convert your points to cash credits. The conversion is made on the basis of 4 points to 1 peso. You need at least 500 points to convert to cash credits.
- The cash credits can be used to pay your credit card bills.
You get travel insurance cover of up to P3 million if you pay for your travel tickets through this credit card. This will cover personal accident, death, disablement, and travel inconvenience.
The PNB-AAXS Platinum MasterCard also gives you Purchase Protection against accidental damage and theft for items bought using the card for up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Another feature is the Fraud Transaction Insurance which can be availed by paying an extra P10 per month. This will cover your card dues liability if you lose your credit card or it gets stolen or compromised in any way and unauthorised transactions take place.
To get the PNB-AAXS Platinum MasterCard, you need to meet the criteria given below:
- You need to be a Filipino or Permanent Resident.
- You should be between 21 and 65 years old.
- You should be a regular salaried employee for at least one year, or a successful self-employed businessperson for at least 2 years.
- You must earn a minimum of P120,000 as gross annual income.
The documents needed for successful processing of the PNB-AAXS Platinum MasterCard Credit Card are:
- Photo identity: Government-issued photo-bearing identity cards such as:
- Driver’s Licence
- Unified Multi-Purpose ID
- SSS ID
- TIN ID
- Company ID
Income proof for employed persons:
- Certificate of Employment
- Most recent Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Payslips for the last 3 months
Income proof for self-employed persons:
- Latest Audited Financial Statements
- Latest ITR
- DTI or SEC registration
Fees and charges
|Annual fee for primary card||Free|
|Annual fee for supplementary card||Free|
|Monthly effective interest rate||3.25%|
|Cash advance fee||P100 + 5% of withdrawn amount|
|Late payment fee||P300 or US$10|
|Lost card replacement fee||P400|
|Foreign exchange conversion fee||1.5%|
How to apply for PNB-AAXS Platinum MasterCard
You can apply for the PNB-AAXS Platinum MasterCard either by downloading the application form from the PNB website, or by directly visiting any of the bank’s branches in Philippines. You should carry the required documents to the branch along with the completed application form, so that your chances of credit card approval are higher and processing time is faster.
Lost/Stolen Card Liabilities
If your credit card is lost, stolen or compromised in any way, you should call the PNB 24x7 Customer Service Centre and report the loss of the card. Within 24 hours of informing the bank on phone, you must submit a written report and affidavit specifying the place, date, time, circumstances of loss and the last purchase(s) made. If these procedures are followed, then you will not be considered responsible for the transactions made fraudulently. But if you do not report the loss of the card in time, you will have to bear the costs of the transactions made after you lost the card.