Philippine National Bank (PNB) is one of the leading banks on the island. Its portfolio of financial products and services is customised to cater to all residents of Philippines. The bank has a host of credit cards suitable for all kinds of Filipinos. The bank also has several co-branded credit cards that give excellent discounts and benefits at partner establishments. The PNB De La Salle Zobel Alumni Association (DLSZAA) Platinum MasterCard is one such co-branded credit card that combines the benefits of Platinum MasterCard with PNB’s promotions and caters especially to the DLSZAA.
Features and Benefits
The features and benefits associated with this credit card are:
- Dual billing: You will get bills of Peso transactions and foreign transactions separately. You have the option of paying the bills in either US Dollar or Peso.
- Cash advance: You can withdraw up to 30% of your credit limit from your credit card at any MasterCard, PNB or BancNet ATM.
- Balance transfer: You can transfer the balance on any other credit card to PNB DLSZAA Platinum MasterCard at low interest for a limited period.
- MasterCard inControl: Through this feature, you can control your spending by allotting limits on how, when and where your card can be used. You can access the card and its details online by enrolling your credit card for inControl.
- LuXeclusive Payment Plan: This is a 0% Affordable Payment Plan that allows you to convert your purchases into instalments of 3 to 24 months. With the PNB DLSZAA Platinum MasterCard, you also get to pay your De La Salle Zobel tuition fees on instalment. You can get rates of 0.7% to 0.88% for LuXeclusive plans with this card for De La Salle Zobel institutions.
- 24x7 Customer Service: For any card-related services, you can contact the PNB 24x7 Customer Service on 818-9818 (Metro Manila) or 1800-10818-9818 (toll-free).
- MasterCard Moments: With the PNB DLSZAA Platinum MasterCard, you become eligible to enjoy all the benefits and privileges offered by MasterCard through MasterCard Moments. You can request for MasterCard newsletter and learn all the great bargains and freebies available to you.
- You get 1 point for every P50 spent.
- You can choose to redeem your points for either Mabuhay Miles or cash credit.
- 1 point is equal to 1 Mabuhay Miles. To exchange, you need to accumulate at least 2,000 points at the first time. There is a small conversion fee on redeeming points for miles.
- 4 points are equal to P100 cash credit. You can redeem the points in blocks of 500 for cash credit.
- The rewards points are evergreen and don’t expire.
You get the following insurance with this card:
- Travel insurance: If you pay your flight fare using the PNB DLSZAA Platinum MasterCard, you get travel insurance of up to P3 million. It covers accidental death and disablement as well as travel inconveniences such as flight delay and lost or damaged baggage.
- Purchase protection: The PNB DLSZAA Platinum MasterCard offers insurance for items purchased using the card. The items will be covered against accidental damage and theft for up to 90 days from the date of purchase.
- Fraud Transaction Insurance: If you want to protect your credit card from fraudulent and unauthorised transactions in case you lose the card or it gets stolen from you, then you can add Fraud Transaction Insurance by paying just P120 per year.
You can get supplementary cards for your family along with the principal credit card. The supplementary cards are free for life and do not cost you anything.
If you want to get the PNB DLSZAA Platinum MasterCard Credit Card, you need to meet the following parameters:
- You need to be a Filipino or Permanent Resident.
- You should be between 21 and 65 years old.
- You should be a salaried regular employee for at least one year, or be self-employed in a successful business venture for at least 2 years.
- You must earn a minimum of P120,000 as gross annual income.
The required documents for PNB DLSZAA Platinum MasterCard are as follows:
- Photo identity: Government-issued photo-bearing identity cards such as:
- Driver’s Licence
- Unified Multi-Purpose ID
- SSS ID
- TIN ID
- Company ID
Income proof for employed persons:
- Certificate of Employment
- Most recent Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Payslips for the last 3 months
Income proof for self-employed persons:
- Latest Audited Financial Statements
- Latest ITR
- DTI or SEC registration
Fees and Charges
|Membership fee for primary card||P2,500|
|Membership fee for supplementary card||Free|
|Monthly effective interest rate||3.25%|
|Late payment fee||P300 or US$10|
|Cash advance fee||P100 + 5% of the withdrawn amount (Peso) and 2% (US dollar)|
|Lost card replacement fee||P400|
|Foreign exchange conversion fee||1.5%|
How to apply for PNB DLSZAA Platinum MasterCard
You can apply for the PNB DLSZAA Platinum MasterCard either by downloading the application form from the PNB website, or by directly visiting any of the bank’s branches in Philippines. You need to carry the required documents to the branch along with the completed application form, so that you have a higher chance of approval of credit card request.
Lost/Stolen Card Liabilities
If you lose your credit card, it gets stolen from you, or it is compromised in any way, you need to call the PNB 24x7 Customer Service and report the loss of the card. Within 24 hours of informing the bank about the loss through phone call, you need to submit a written report and affidavit specifying the place, date, time, circumstances of loss and the last purchase(s) made. If these procedures are followed, then you will not be considered liable for the transactions made fraudulently.
But if you fail to report the loss of the card in time, you will have to bear the costs of the transactions made between when you lost the card and when you reported the loss.