The Philippine National Bank (PNB) is a leading bank in the island of Philippines. The bank provides an extensive assortment of credit cards for specific purposes. According to your preferences and requirements, you may select any of these cards. PNB Essentials MasterCard will enable you to earn good savings when you make your everyday purchases.
Features and Benefits
Let us take a look at the features and benefits offered by PNB Essentials MasterCard:
- Multiple privileges: With this card, you will receive a broad range of privileges such as rewards, discounts, and perks.
- Flexible billing options: If you are travelling to different countries, you need not worry about conversion of currencies with a PNB Essentials MasterCard. You can choose to bill your payment in US dollar or Philippine Peso.
- Balance transfer programmes: You can enjoy making payments at low interest rates if you go for a balance transfer programme. You can shift credit card balances of other banks to your PNB Essentials MasterCard and then pay interests at a lower rate of interest.
- Interest-free payment plans and LuXeclusive: Are you someone who never looks at a luxury product due to its exorbitant price? You can change your shopping habits with a PNB credit card. Apart from daily essentials, you can buy luxury products too! You can buy a high-value product and then pay in installments. The payment term can be 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, and it will go on up to 24 months. You also do not have to worry about paying any interest as these installments are provided at 0% interest.
- Cash advance: This credit card will provide you with cash advances of up to 30% your available credit limit. You can get access to the cash by visiting any BancNet or a MasterCard ATM, or a PNB ATM in the country.
- PNB MasterCard inControl: All PNB credit cards help you in assessing and controlling your expenses on a regular basis. You can fix limits for your credit card usage and you can decide how and when you want to use your credit card.
- Option in payments: With a PNB Essentials MasterCard, you can decide how you want to make your payments at the end of a billing cycle. If you have a Peso account, you can pay the higher of P500 or 5% of your full bill. If you have a dollar account, you may pay the higher of $50 or 5% of your full bill.
- Simple payment processes: You can pay your PNB credit card bills at any branch or ATM of the Philippine National Bank or Allied Savings Bank. You may also pay these bills at a BDO branch and at Savemore Payment Centres or through SM and BancNet Online.
With this card, you will get generic rewards as well as PNB-Pal Mabuhay Miles rewards. You can accumulate these rewards and redeem them according to your preferences.
Let us take a look at the insurance products offered by PNB Essentials MasterCard:
- Travel insurance: If you use your PNB Essentials MasterCard for all your expenses for a particular travel plan, you will get travel insurance for free! This travel insurance will cover your losses when your flight gets delayed, when your luggage gets stolen, when your flight gets cancelled, etc.
- Protection for purchases: This credit card offered by PNB will provide you with amazing purchase protection insurance. Whenever you purchase a product from a store, you will receive additional warranty and protection and these features are available for free. If any of your purchased products get damaged or stolen, your loss will be covered fully. The protection period ranges for 90 days after the item is bought.
- You will have to be a Filipino Citizen or a Philippine Resident.
- You should be at least 21 years old and not more than 65 years old.
- Your annual income should be at least P120,000.
- You should be a salaried employee for a minimum of 1 year.
- If you are a self-employed individual, you should have been earning profits for a minimum of 2 years.
These are the documents required to apply for a PNB Essentials MasterCard:
- You should have an ID issued by the government that has your photo. This can be your Passport, SSS ID, Driver's License, TIN, or Unified Multi-Purpose ID. You can also give your Company ID that is given by a private entity or an institution monitored by BSP, SEC, or IC.
- If you are an employed individual, you should give a Certificate of Employment OR your most recent Income Tax Return OR Most recent payslips for 3 months.
- If you are a self-employed individual, you should give your most recent Income Tax Return OR most recent audited financial statements OR most recent payslips for 3 months.
Fees and Charges
Let us take a look at the fees and charges you will have to pay for your PNB Essentials MasterCard:
|Account maintenance fee||P200|
|Advance renewal card request||P750|
|Card replacement fee||P400|
|Late payment fee||P300 or US$10|
|Overlimit fee||P300 or US$10|
|Lost card fee||P400|
|Payment processing fee||P40|
|Refund fee||P300 or US$10|
|Payment transfer fee||P300 or US$10|
How to apply for PNB Essentials MasterCard
- You can apply for a PNB Essentials MasterCard via email. You will just have to fill all the relevant fields given in the application form that is available on the bank’s official website. The application process is self-explanatory. You will need to fill the form, sign it, scan it, and then send it through email to the bank’s official email ID.
- You can also fill the application form that is available on the website, take a printout, and then submit it at your nearest PNB branch.
Lost/Stolen Card Liabilities
If your PNB Essentials MasterCard gets stolen or lost, you will need to use the following contact details to report the loss: Domestic toll-free at 1800-10-818-9-818 OR (02) 818-9-818 for Metro Manila OR e-mail: PNBCardsCustomerCare@alliedbank.com.ph.
Insurance for protection against fraud: When your PNB Essentials MasterCard gets stolen or lost, somebody else may use the card for fraudulent transactions without your knowledge. Until you inform the bank, you will be held liable for these unauthorised transactions. To avoid this liability, you need to inform the bank immediately after you get to know that the card is missing. This card comes with insurance for fraud protection at P120 for a year and P10 for a month. This fraud protection insurance will cover you for unauthorised transactions made with your card.