RCBC Bankard is one of the largest credit card providers in the country. They offer a wide range of credit cards that cater to their large consumer database. With over 35 years of experience and expertise accumulated in the field of credit cards, cardholders can avail a credit card suited to their needs. The credit cards offered by RCBC Bankard reward cardholders every time they use their card. From reward points to promotional cashback offers, the card is packed with an array of value added features. Among the more popular credit cards in its offerings, the RCBC Bankard Gold credit card is a popular choice. The features of the card are as follows.
Features and Benefits
- The annual fee of the card is waived for the first year.
- The card provides a complimentary travel insurance cover.
- The card provides a complimentary purchase protection plan.
- The card allows purchases made overseas to be converted into 0% interest instalments.
- Cardholders can gain access to the Miascor or Skyview airport lounges for a nominal fee of US$12. Cardholders can have this fee waived as well if they charge a minimum of US$200 overseas, either through a single receipt or through accumulated spend.
- The card allows for safe and secure online shopping.
- The card earns reward points on every expense charged to it.
- The card earns reward points on every expense charged at the rate of 1 point for every P36 charged to the card. 1 point is also earned for every P125 charged to the card at supermarkets, gas stations, and drugstores.
- Reward points earned can be used air miles, cash rebates, vouchers for select partner merchants and even for cash credited into the cardholder’s RCBC savings account. The points earned never expire.
- The RCBC Bankard Gold credit card provides cardholders a complimentary travel insurance policy called RCBC Bankard Travel Plus Lite Insurance Program. The policy is provided to principal cardholders anytime airfare or cruise tickets are purchased solely using the card.
- The card provides a cover for accidental death, disablement or dismemberment that occurs anywhere in the world. The policy also provides cover for travel related inconveniences such as cover for emergency trip cancellation or termination and cover for loss or delay of baggage.
- Cardholders can enjoy a complimentary RCBC Bankard Purchase Protection Insurance Program that provides cover on loss or accidental damage of goods purchased overseas suing the card. The cover is valid for a period of 90 days from date of purchase. In cases of a merchandising program, the cover is valid for a period of 90 days from date of delivery.
- The cover offered under this purchase protection plan is the lower of either the purchase price of the product or portion of the purchase price up to a maximum limit of P50,000.
- The cardholder must have attained the minimum age of 21 years.
- The applicant can be a Filipino resident or a permanent resident with a valid Philippines billing address.
- The applicant must have a landline connection.
To apply for the RCBC Bankard Gold credit card, Applicants are required to submit the following documents as income, identity, and address proof:
- A copy of the applicant’s ID with photo and signature. It can be a copy of the Passport, Driver's License, GSIS e-Card, TIN ID, SSS ID, Company ID or other valid government issued IDs.
For salaried applicants:
- A copy of the latest payslip dating back at least 3 months
- A copy of the latest ITR - BIR Form 2316
- A copy of the Certificate of Employment disclosing designation details and income
For self-employed applicants:
- A copy of the latest ITR forms with BIR stamp (BIR form 1701)
- An Audited Financial Statement (AFS) dating back at least 2 years along with the latest ITR
Fees and Charges
|Annual fees||P3,000 for principal credit card and P1,500 for Supplementary card. The first year annual fees on both cards are waived.|
|Effective rate of interest (Monthly)||The EIR on a monthly basis for the card is 3.54%.|
|Cash Withdrawal fee||P500 or 3% of the amount withdrawn, whichever is higher. The monthly EIR on cash advances is 3.55%.|
|Minimum monthly payment||P500 or 5% of the amount due, whichever is higher.|
|Overlimit fee||P500 every time the card exceeds the credit limit.|
|Late payment fee||7% of the minimum amount due or P200 whichever is higher.|
|Retrieval of invoice||P150 for every instance of invoice retrieval.|
|Card replacement fee||P300 for every instance of card replacement.|
|Gaming fee||P1,000 or 5% of every transaction amount, whichever is higher.|
How to apply for RCBC Gold Credit Card
You can apply for a RCBC Bankard Gold credit card through the following ways:
- Applying online: New or existing RCBC Bankard cardholders can get the RCBC Bankard Gold credit card by submitting the online application forms available on the RCBC Bankard website. This paperless process involves the borrower having to fill out the application form and submit it along with the supporting documents required.
- Applying through a RCBC Bankard branch: Borrowers can also get the credit card by visiting any of the banks’ participating branches and filling out the necessary application forms. The borrower will have to carry with them any supporting documents pertaining to their identity proof or proof of income.
Report Lost or Stolen Credit Cards
If the cardholder has their RCBC Bankard Gold credit card stolen or have lost their card then they need to report it to the bank immediately by calling the 24/7 RCBC Bankard customer service hotline at 888-1-888 in Metro Manila. The number for domestic toll-free calls outside Metro Manila is 1-800-10-888-1888. The number for international calls is +8000-BANKARD. Cardholders must submit a written statement explaining the circumstances surrounding the loss or theft of their card to the bank. Cardholders will be charged a fee for the replacement card. Cardholders must report the loss or theft at the earliest as they will be held liable for all charges made on the card prior to notification.
- RCBC Classic Cards
- RCBC Gold Cards
- RCBC Diamond Card Platinum MasterCard
- RCBC Black Card Platinum MasterCard
- RCBC Visa Infinite Card
- RCBC World MasterCard
- RCBC UnionPay Card
- RCBC Corporate Card
- RCBC Landmark Anson’s MasterCard
- RCBC LJC MasterCard
- RCBC Citrus MasterCard
- RCBC Mango MasterCard
- RCBC Sta. Lucia Mall MasterCard
- RCBC Wilcon MasterCard
- RCBC HBC MasterCard
- RCBC Fully Booked MasterCard
- RCBC Web Shopper