Overview of Shell Citi Card
Citibank is amongst the most famous banks in the world and is also one of Philippine’s top banks, offering a spate of banking products with credit cards being one of them. Every one of Citibank’s credit cards are designed to meet specific interests of customers. While some cards are particularly structured for reward points, others are designed to offer cashbacks, discounts and other attractive offers on entertainment and travel.
The Citibank Shell Citi Credit card is a co-branded credit card offered by Citibank in partnership with Shell. Let us look at the benefits, features and fee details of the Citibank Shell Citi Card.
Shell Citi Credit Card Promotions
Make every moment special with these awesome promotions on dining, shopping and travel. Here are some promotional offers you’d definitely want to take note of:
- With you Citibank credit card, you can enjoy discounts of up to 30% at leasing dining establishments in Philippines. Popular restaurants and hotels include Fairmont Makati, Cowrie Grill and Smith Butcher and Grill Room. Dining promotions are valid up to 31 July, 2017.
- Your travel experiences just got better! With your Citibank credit card, you can get massive discounts at popular places including The Bellevue Hotels, Huma Island Resorts, Holiday Inn Manila Galleria and Crowne Plaza Galleria.
- Enjoy exclusive discounts at Cathay Pacific and reduced air fares with multiple airliners when you use your card to make flight ticket reservations.
- Get a discount of up to P1,800 when you spend a minimum of P9,000 using your card on Airbnb.
- Travel promotions are valid up to 31 December, 2017.
- Use your Citibank credit card to get a select number of FREE Uber rides. This offer is valid until June 30, 2017.
- Get periodic access to a spate of shopping deals that are sure to make your shopping experiences more eventful than ever!
- Promotions are valid up to 31 July, 2017.
Features and Benefits
- Get rebates of up to 5% on fuel purchases made at Shell stations across Philippines.
- Enjoy a 5% rebate on Auto repairs and auto accessories at participating service stations in Philippines.
- Get rebates of up to 5% on toll load purchases at Luzon Expressway and North Luzon Expressway.
- Convert your purchases into easy, flexible monthly payments without hassle.
- As a Citibank customer you automatically get a high credit limit. Citibank can increase your credit limit after 6 months if your repayment record has been impressive.
- Enjoy dining discounts when you use your card to make payments at some of the most popular establishments across Philippines.
- Automatically charge your recurring utility bill to your Citibank card through the Citi One Bill Payment facility.
- Pay for purchases in Peso when you are overseas - very few banks offer you this privilege.
- You can use your Citibank card to make emergency cash withdrawals. Withdrawals are subject to interest charges and cash advance fees.
- You can earn reward points everytime you use your card to make purchases at Shell stations, utility payments and travel bookings.
- You can convert your reward points into air miles and also redeem them for a string of offers and discounts.
- The applicant has to be minimum of 18 years of age
- The applicant must earn a minimum of P250,000 p.a. for the Classic card and a minimum of P360,000 for the Citibank Citi Shell Gold credit card.
- Identity proof (any identity document recognised by the government)
- Latest computerized payslips
- Bank statement for the last 3 months
- Copy of Income Tax Return Filings
- Passport, employment letter, valid Employment permit and Visa (in case of foreigners)
Fee and Charges
|Monthly Interest Rate||3.50%|
|Minimum amount due every month||3% of the monthly outstanding balance|
|Late payment charges||P500 or 6% of the outstanding balance, or P300, whichever is higher.|
|Annual card membership fee||P2500 for the primary card|
|Lost card replacement charges||P400|
|Cash advance fee||5% of withdrawn amount or P300, whichever is greater.|
|Cash advance Monthly Effective Interest Rate||3.64%|
Card Security Feature
All Citibank credit cards come with a security framework that requires customers to authorise their transactions. Online transactions have the provision of letting customers authorise transactions through One Time Passwords received to the customer’s registered mobile number.
In case of offline transactions, customers are required to enter their secure PIN in order to authenticate the transaction. Transactions will not come through if incorrect security PINs or incorrect One Time Passwords are keyed in.
How to Apply for the Citibank Shell Citi Card
If you want to apply for the Citibank Shell Citi card and add more excitement to your life, you can simply visit the official Citibank website in Philippines and fill out the online credit card application form (for the Citi Shell credit card). You will also have to submit your relevant documents to the bank. An executive from Citibank will subsequently contact you for any further details. Once the bank approves your application, you will receive the credit card in about of 7-10 working days.
Reporting Loss/Stolen Credit Cards
You can report the loss/theft of your credit card by contacting the bank’s customer service center and providing details of your card, details of events and most recent transactions performed on your card in order to verify your identity. Once done, the bank will block any future transactions from being performed on your card.