With its headquarters in London, Standard Chartered is a multinational financial establishment that is known to be one of the foremost banks in the world. It offers a plethora of financial products like debit cards, credit cards, loans, and insurance. The Standard Chartered Classic card is the right choice for every kind of customer as it comes with a lot of exciting features and benefits.
Features and Benefits
- The Standard Chartered Classic card is widely accepted and can be used at more than 30 million establishments across the globe.
- The principal cardholder is offered a maximum of 4 supplementary cards.
- The cash advance feature on this card lets you withdraw 30% of your credit limit.
- The card provides a balance transfer plan with interest rates as low as 0.88% per month for a tenure of one year.
- While buying goods, cardholders can avail an installment plan to pay for it at 0% interest. They can choose a tenure between 3 and 24 months to pay for the product purchased on the card. This facility is available on purchases worth P5000 on a single receipt.
- The auto charge feature available on the Standard Chartered Classic card takes care of all your monthly bill payments. Once you enroll them on this card, they will automatically get debited from the credit card.
- Cardholders can pay their credit card bills via other facilities and banks as well like SM Bills counters, RCBC Savings Bank, and Save More Payment offices.
- Cardholder will receive electronic statement of their account as well as promotional offers on their email on a regular basis.
- Cardholders can get an annual fee waiver against 24,000 reward points. The minimum redemption amount is P1,200.
- Each time the cardholder spends P10 on dining using the Standard Chartered Classic card, they earn a bonus point that they can convert to GCs and Fly Miles.
- For every P10 spent on fuel, the cardholder will gain a bonus point that they can convert to GCs and Fly Miles.
- Each time they spend P10 on groceries using this card, they bag a bonus point that they can convert to get gift vouchers to be redeemed at Mercury Drug outlets, Rustan's, and Landmark among others.
- Cardholders get a bonus point for each P10 they spend on travel and travel-related expenses. These points can be gathered and redeemed against KrisFlyer Miles, Asia Miles, Mabuhay Miles and other special deals from merchant partners of Standard Chartered.
To make travelling and shopping an experience for everybody, Standard Chartered offers supplementary cards to the principal cardholders that can be given to their family members. Every principal cardholder is offered a maximum of four supplementary cards so that they can share the amazing benefits. The applicant of a supplementary card should be at least 16 years of age. The principal and the supplementary cardholders will share the credit limit. All communication about the supplementary cards will be sent to the principal cardholder.
The Standard Chartered Classic card is equipped with contemporary security features to keep a close eye on the transactions carried out on it. The bank sends frequent special security reminders to the cardholders so that any fraudulent transactions are brought to notice immediately. These security reminders also help to prevent misplacement of cards. The cardholder receives SMS notifications as soon as the card is used for any transaction anywhere. Before carrying out online transactions, the bank will send you a one-time password. This helps the cardholder to authenticate any transaction that they want to go through with and dismiss the ones that they don't want to.
To apply for a Standard Chartered Classic card,
- The applicant should be at least 21 years old.
- The minimum income required is P18,333 per month.
- For a supplementary cardholder, the minimum age required is 16 years. The applicant should be a Filipino or a permanent resident of Philippines.
The following are the documents required to apply for a Standard Chartered Classic card:
Proof of identity:
- Driver’s License
- GSIS Card
- SSS ID
- TIN ID Card
- Any other government issued ID
Proof of Income:
Income proof for salaried employees
- Salary slip of last 3 months
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) with BIR stamp/ or BIR form 2316
- Certificate of Employment
- Cardholder's active credit card number has to be mentioned in the application form
Income proof of self-employed applicants
- Latest Audited Financial Statements
- DTI or SEC Registration
- Applicant's active credit card number should be mentioned in the application form
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) with a BIR stamp
Fees and Charges
|Annual fee on principal card||P1,200|
|Annual fee on supplementary card||P600|
|Interest rate||3.5% on the outstanding balance if payment is received after the due date|
|Cash advance fee||P375 or 4% of the amount withdrawn, whichever is higher|
|Late Payment Fee||P600 or 7.5% of the minimum amount due for the month, whichever is higher|
|International transaction fee||2.5% on the converted amount of transactions in foreign currency along with MasterCard/Visa service assessment fee|
|Over limit fee||P500 per billing cycle|
|Card replacement fee||P500 for each card|
|Duplicate statement fee||P50 for every duplicate statement of account requested|
|Returned cheque fee||P200 for each returned cheque|
How to apply for Standard Chartered Classic Card
To apply for a Standard Chartered Classic card, you can visit the nearest branch of your bank and fill up the application form. An executive from the bank will help you with the guidelines while filling up the form.
Lost/Stolen Card Liability
In case of loss or theft of your Standard Chartered Classic card, you will have to get in touch with the bank immediately to report about it. You can call the contact centre of the bank. Doing this will from any other unauthorized transactions on your card. You will also be able to get your replacement card once you inform the bank about the loss of theft of your credit card.