Overview of Standard Chartered Classic Card
One of the foremost banks in the world, Standard Chartered is a multinational financial company with headquarters in London. A number of banking and financial products are available such as loans, insurance, credit cards and debit cards. With a plethora of benefits and features, Standard Chartered Classic Card is the perfect card for everybody.
Features of Standard Chartered Classic Card
- The rate of interest charged is just 3.5% per month.
- In order to avail this offer, customers will need to have a minimum income of P18,333.
- Every time customers spend P10 on dining expenses, they gain one bonus point which can converted to Fly Miles and GCs.
- Every time customers spend P10 on fuel and gas expenses, they gain one bonus point which can converted to Fly Miles and GCs.
- Every time customers spend P10 on groceries, they gain one bonus point which can converted to gift certificates that can be redeemed in Rustan’s, Landmark, Mercury Drug outlets and others.
- Every time customers spend P10 on travel and related expenses, they gain one bonus point which can be accumulated and redeemed against Asia Miles, Mabuhay Miles, KrisFlyer Miles along with other exclusive deals from partner merchants of Standard Chartered.
- Every time customers spend P10 on shopping expenses, they gain one bonus point which can converted to Fly Miles and GCs.
- The Standard Chartered Classic Card is accepted all over the world, in more than 30 million outlets along with thousands of other local establishments.
- Customers can procure a maximum of four supplementary cards for their family members and share the benefits. The minimum age required for a customer to procure a supplementary card is 16.
- Users have the option of withdrawing up to 30% of the limit of credit as cash advance.
- Standard Chartered Classic Card credit card holders can enjoy interest rates that are as low as just 0.88% per each month for a one year tenure (lock-in) by transferring all their outstanding balance from their other cards into their Standard Chartered card.
- Customers can procure an installment plan that comes with 0 percent rate of interest and choose between tenure of 3 to 24 months at all participating establishments. All previous purchases worth a minimum of P5000 (single receipt) can also be converted to economical installments.
- Thanks to the auto charge feature, customers need not worry about forgetting their bills. Their monthly subscriptions and commitments can be enrolled post which bills will be auto debited from their credit card.
- Customers can pay all their bills and check out information regarding their account online at any time throughout the week.
- Customers have the option of paying their bills via numerous banks and facilities such as RCBC Savings Bank, BDO, Sm Bills counters and Save More Payment offices.
- Users can procure the option of paying for all their extravagant purchases through installments of 3, 6, 12, 24, 36 and 48 months thanks to the EZPay option.
- Customers can receive all their statements and promotions and offers through their email.
Fees and Charges
|Yearly Fee||P1200 (waived for the first year)|
|Minimum income required per month||P 18333|
|Minimum age for the principal card holder||Minimum of 21 years|
|Minimum age for the supplementary card holder||16 years and older|
|Fees applicable for supplementary card holder||P600|
|Rate of interest||3.5 percent|
|Required documents||GSIS/SSS No. or Tax Identification Number|
|Fee for card replacement||P400|
|Retrieval fee for sales slip||P200|
|Charge applicable for late payment||7.5 percent of the amount outstanding or P600, whichever amount is higher.|
|Amount for cash advance||30 percent of the limit of credit|
|Charge for cash advance||P375 or 4 percent of each cash advance, whichever is higher.|
|Interest charge for cash advance||3.5 percent|
|Limit for cash back||Not applicable|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How much is the annual fee charged?
- How much of the credit limit can customers use for the purpose of cash advance?
- When will customers receive their credit card statement?
- What should customers do in case they lose their credit card?
- How many supplementary card holders can a principal customer have?
The annual fee charged is P1200 which is waived for the first year.
Customers can utilize 30 percent of their credit limit for cash advance.
The credit statement will be provided each month on the date that is provided as Statement date. In case customers do not receive it within ten days of the said date, then they are required to contact the customer care Center.
In case customers lose their credit card, they are required to contact the Standard Chartered Contact Center at the earliest. This will ensure protection against fraudulent use of the card.
Customers can have a maximum of five supplementary card users. Customers should note that the principal and supplementary card holders use a single limit of credit.