Standard Chartered offers a plethora of credit cards in the Philippines for different kinds of needs. You can enjoy a classy lifestyle by going for the Standard Chartered Gold Card. This card will enable you to live the classy way!
Features and Benefits of Standard Chartered Gold Card
Let us take a look at the features and benefits provided by Standard Chartered Gold Card:
- Annual fee waiver for life: You will not be required to pay any annual fee for life if you spend a minimum of P90,000 annually.
- Accepted in the whole world: You will be able to utilise your Standard Chartered Gold Card in the entire globe.
- Balance transfer programme: Standard Chartered Gold Card allows you to transfer your credit card balances of other banks to this card. You can consolidate all your expenses into one card and manage your money thoroughly. This programme will also let you enjoy low rates of interest.
- Supplementary cards: With your Standard Chartered Gold Card, you will receive supplementary cards. You can take up to 5 supplementary cards for your immediate family members including your children, spouse, siblings, or parents. You should be at least 16 years when you want to apply for a supplementary card.
- Smart Cash: With a Standard Chartered credit card, you can procure a cash loan for any purpose. You can apply for funds of up to 90% of your credit limit. With flexible payment terms, you can clear this loan.
- EZPay Anything: This credit card will enable you to purchase any item. You will be allowed to pay for it via equated monthly installments. You can clear your bill through 3 to 48 monthly installments.
- Cash advance options: With a Standard Chartered credit card, you can obtain cash in advance for any requirement. You can take out cash of up to 30% of your credit limit by visiting any Standard Chartered branch or an ATM that has the logo of Cirrus or Plus.
- EZBills Autocharging Facility: You can pay your utility bills, insurance premiums, and mobile phone bills with your Standard Chartered credit card. The payment will be made automatically with your credit card. You can register your PLDT, Meralco, Globe, and Smart accounts in EZBills.
- EZPay: You can purchase products that are exorbitantly priced and pay for these products within 24 months. You can select your payment term according to your convenience. You will be charged 0% or a very low interest rate. You can go for this feature at an EZPay merchant that is approved by Standard Chartered.
Let us take a look at the rewards offered by Standard Chartered Gold Card:
Whenever you spend P10 with your Standard Chartered Gold Card, you will gain 1 bonus point. You can collect these bonus points to redeem Asia Miles, Mabuhay Miles, Gift Certificates, and KrisFlyer miles.
You can also check out the 360° Rewards. Whenever you spend P10 with your Standard Chartered credit card, you will receive 1 point. You can collect these points and redeem them for gift certificates, cash rebates, air miles, payment of annual fees, etc. You can decide how you want to redeem your rewards.
When you go for a Standard Chartered Gold Card, you will also get a supplementary card. This card can be used by your immediate family members including spouse, children, siblings, and parents. You and your supplementary cardholder will be required to share one credit limit. You can apply for up to 5 supplementary cards.
Standard Chartered implements advanced security features to ensure that all your credit card transactions go smoothly. Standard Chartered online services are taking extra caution in order to restrict frauds effectively. This is because online frauds and unauthorised credit card transactions are increasing drastically. The bank has exclusive security reminders in order to prevent unauthorised transactions through your credit card. You will also get SMS alerts when your card is used for any transaction. This will allow you to keep tabs on each transaction. When someone makes an unauthorised purchase with your card, you will immediately get a notification and this will help you be aware of what is happening to your card.
Let us take a look at the eligibility criteria required to apply for a Standard Chartered Gold Card:
- Your monthly income should be at least P18,333.
- When you are applying for a principal card, you should be at least 21 years old.
- When you are applying for a supplementary card, you should be at least 16 years old.
- You should have a post-paid account for this card.
Let us take a look at the documents required to apply for a Standard Chartered Gold Card:
- You will have to give a proof of identity. You can present a copy of your TIN (Tax Identification Number) and SSS/GSIS Number.
- You will also have to give a proof of income to show that you will be able to pay your credit card bills on time.
Fees and Charges
Let us take a look at the fees and charges you will have to pay for a Standard Chartered Gold Card:
|Minimum payment due||1% of principal amount + Interest + Fees + past unsettled amounts + Any amount above your credit limit OR P200, whichever is higher|
|Late payment fee||Higher amount of P600 or 7.5% of your unsettled minimum amount|
|Additional late payment fee||P100|
How to apply for Standard Chartered Gold Card
You can apply for a Standard Chartered Gold Card by visiting your nearest Standard Chartered branch. A customer representative will assist you throughout the application process.
Lost/Stolen Card Liabilities
If you lose your Standard Chartered Gold Card, you will have to inform the bank immediately. You can do this by reaching out to the Contact Centre. If you get in touch with the bank immediately, you will get protection when someone else makes unauthorised use of your card. You will also get your card replaced within a few days.