Standard Chartered offers excellent personal banking, priority banking, and business banking services. The bank provides a credit card for exclusive cash rewards and rebates. With the Standard Chartered Platinum Cash Rewards Card, you will earn cash rebates across the entire world throughout the year.
Features and Benefits
Let us take a look at the features and benefits offered by Standard Chartered Platinum Cash Rewards Card:
- Worldwide acceptance: Your Standard Chartered Platinum Cash Rewards Card will be accepted in several nations.
- Supplementary cards: You will get supplementary cards with your Standard Chartered Platinum Cash Rewards Card. You can take up to 5 supplementary cards for your loved ones. The bank allows you to apply for a supplementary card for your children, spouse, siblings, or parents. You will have to be at least 16 years in order to apply for a supplementary card.
- Balance transfer programme: You can move your balances from credit cards of other banks to your Standard Chartered Platinum Cash Rewards Card. This will allow you to combine all your expenditures in a single card and this will enable you to organise your funds efficiently.
- EZPay: You can buy high-value products and pay for these products within 24 months. You can select your payment term according to your convenience. You will be charged 0% or a very low interest rate. You can go for this feature at an EZPay merchant that is approved by Standard Chartered.
- EZBills Autocharging Facility: You can pay your utility bills, insurance premiums, and mobile phone bills with your Standard Chartered credit card. The payment will be made automatically with your credit card. You can register your PLDT, Meralco, Globe, and Smart accounts in EZBills.
- Smart Cash: With this feature, you can get a cash loan for any reason of up to 90% of your credit limit. You can meet all your expenses by following flexible payment terms.
- EZPay Anything: With this feature, you can buy any kind of product by paying for it in equal monthly installments. You can choose from 3 to 48 monthly installments to make your payments.
- Cash advance options: With a Standard Chartered credit card, you can get cash immediately for your emergency purposes. You can withdraw up to 30% of your credit limit with your credit card by going to any Standard Chartered branch or any ATM with the logo of Cirrus or Plus.
With the Standard Chartered Platinum Cash Rewards Card, you will enjoy the following rewards:
- Rebate of 3% on every purchase made at departmental stores
- Rebate of 3% on your dining expenses
- Rebate of 0.3% on your other expenses
- Your cash rewards will be mentioned in your billing statement after each month.
Privileges Provided by Standard Chartered Platinum Cash Rewards Card
Let us take a look at the privileges offered by this card:
- You will get exclusive Visa Platinum privileges when you visit clubs such as sunny beach villas, spa retreats, etc.
- You will receive free tee-offs at some of the finest greens for the entire year. With Visa Platinum Golf, you will also get access to some of the amazing golf clubs in the globe.
- You can have wonderful dining experiences at some of the most marvellous restaurants in the world with dining privileges offered by your Standard Chartered Platinum Cash Rewards Card.
With a Standard Chartered Platinum Cash Rewards Card, you will receive supplementary cards. Your immediate family members can enjoy the benefits of these supplementary cards. You and the supplementary cardholder will need to share a single credit limit. With Standard Chartered, you can apply for up to 5 supplementary cards.
Standard Chartered in the Philippines has modern security features to monitor every credit card transaction thoroughly. Standard Chartered online services are planned very carefully in order to steer clear of frauds completely. This is due to the terrible rise in online frauds and unauthorised credit card transactions. The bank will give you special security reminders so that nobody can make unauthorised transactions with your card. You will also be able to avoid misplacement or loss of cards with these security reminders. You will also receive SMS notifications when your card is utilised for a transaction. This will allow you to govern each and every transaction. If anybody else makes an unauthorised purchase with your card, you will instantly get an alert on SMS and this will assist you and the bank in tracking your card usage.
Let us take a look at the eligibility criteria required to apply for a Standard Chartered Platinum Cash Rewards Card:
- If you want a principal card, you should be at least 21 years old.
- If you want a supplementary card, you should be at least 16 years old.
Let us take a look at the documents required to apply for a Standard Chartered Platinum Cash Rewards Card:
- You will need to submit a proof of identity. You can present a copy of your TIN (Tax Identification Number) and SSS/GSIS Number.
- You will need to provide a proof of income to prove to the bank that you will be able to pay your credit card bills promptly.
Fees and Charges
Let us take a look at the fees and charges you will have to pay for a Standard Chartered Platinum Cash Rewards Card:
|Minimum payment due||1% of principal amount + Interest + Fees + past unsettled amounts + Any amount above your credit limit OR P200, whichever is higher|
|Late payment fee||Higher amount of P600 or 7.5% of your unsettled minimum amount|
|Additional late payment fee||P100|
How to apply for Standard Chartered Platinum Cash Rewards Card
You can apply for a Standard Chartered Platinum Cash Rewards Card by going to any Standard Chartered branch. A customer representative at the bank will provide you with full guidance while applying for the card.
Lost/Stolen Card Liabilities
If you lose your Standard Chartered Platinum Cash Rewards Card, you will have to notify the bank immediately. You can do this by getting in touch with the Contact Centre of the bank. If you contact the bank immediately, you will not be held liable when someone else makes unauthorised use of your card. You will also get a card replacement.