Overview of UCPB Classic Credit Card
UCPB Classic Credit Card provides multiple benefits to its holders in and outside the Philippines. It can be used to make payments online or at stores. On all the purchases, rewards points will be awarded to cardholders, which can be redeemed to avail various products and services. This card has various other features such as cash advance facility, balance transfer facility, instalment program, etc.
Features and Benefits:
- Accepted Worldwide - UCPB Classic Credit Card is accepted everywhere in and outside the Philippines. In the Philippines, 100, 000 merchants accept this card while outside the country, over 30 million merchants accept this card.
- Customer Care Service – The bank provides 24 – hour customer care service to all its cardholders.
- Rewards Points – On every P 30 that cardholders spend using this card, they will earn 1 rewards point.
- Exclusive offers – Cardholders can enjoy exclusive offers on dining, shopping, entertainment, travel and groceries, etc., when they use this card to make payments.
- Instalment Plan - Cardholders can use Citi PayLite to make payments in instalments. There are various instalment options and cardholders can choose any one among them.
- Utility Bill Payment - Cardholders can use Citi One Bill to automatically pay all their utility bills at once.
- MasterCard Bill Payment - Cardholders can use UCPB Connect! to easily pay their UCPB MasterCard bills.
- Annual Fee waiver – Cardholders do not have to pay the annual fee for their principal and supplementary cards for the first year.
Fees and Charges:
|Type of Fees||Amount|
|Interest Rate per month||3.5 percent|
|Annual Membership fee (for Principal Card)||P 1, 200|
|Annual Membership Fee (for Supplementary Card)||P 600|
- Age requirements - Minimum 21 years and maximum 65 years.
- Other requirements – Applicants must have a post-paid phone at home.
- Income requirements - Annual income should be:
- For new applicants - Minimum P 480, 000.
- For applicants who have credit cards - Minimum P 250, 000.
- Identity Proof – All applicants have to submit 2 valid IDs. One ID should be a primary ID with photo. Copies of both sides of the ID cards must be submitted.
- For Employed Applicants:
- Copy of W-2 (BIR FORM 2316)
- Copy of Income Tax Return (ITR). It should be signed by the employee and the employer with BIR/ bank stamp.
- Copy of Certificate of Employment, which mentions the income of the employee. Original copy of this certificate must be submitted along with the copy.
- Copy of recent Pay Slip (within the last three months).
- Copy of Car Registration along with Official Receipt of the car model that is not more than 36 months old. Applicants residing in Cagayan De Oro City and Davao City are not required to submit this document.
- Copy of previous month’s credit card statement from another bank. Applicants should have owned the card for a period of minimum 12 months and it must be in good standing.
- For self-employed applicants:
- Copy of recent Income Tax Return (ITR) with BIR/bank stamp (two pages).
- Copy of recent Audited Financial Statement (AFS) with BIR/bank stamp.
Applicants can choose to submit copies of the following for faster processing of applications:
- Car Registration along with Official Receipt of model of the car that is not more than 36 months old. Applicants residing in Cagayan De Oro City and Davao City are not required to submit this document.
- Previous month’s credit card statement from another bank. Applicants should have owned the card for a period of minimum 12 months and it must be in good standing.
- For applicants who are foreign nationals:
- The above mentioned documents.
- Copy of Working Permit and Visa. The documents should be valid for one year and should not expire during application period.
- ICR (Immigration Certificate of Residence).
How to Apply?
To apply for UCPB Gold Credit Card online, applicants can visit the website of UCPB, fill the application form and submit it. To apply offline, they can visit any branch of the bank.