A card especially designed for Ateneo Alumni Association (AAA) members only, this Visa card is part of UnionBank’s Affinity credit cards that offer credit options in collaboration with various organizations.
UnionBank Ateneo Alumni Association Visa Card is one of the few credit cards honored by Ateneo de Manila University for tuition fee payments via a straight or installment transaction.
Features and Benefits
- Tuition Fee Installment Program – Cardholders can pay for tuition and all other school related fees at a monthly interest rate as little as 1% for a 12 month tenure.
- Discounts and Promos – Cardholders can present their Ateneo Alumni Association Visa Card to get discounts and benefits at various merchant establishments.
- Auto Donation to AAA Fund – The cardholders automatically donate to the AAA fund when they avail this card and use it, as a portion of the fees and all retail spending incurred on the card goes to the Ateneo Alumni Association’s various projects.
- Worldwide Acceptance – Cardholders can enjoy the ease of cashless shopping at over 16 million merchant establishments worldwide with the UnionBank Ateneo Alumni Association Visa Card.
- Longer Credit Terms – Cardholders can avail up to 53 days of interest free credit period, from the cut-off period till the due date, if the balance is paid in full on or before the due date.
- Flexible Monthly Payment – Cardholders are required to pay a minimum of 5% of the total outstanding balance or P500, whichever higher. Or they can choose to pay any other amount above the minimum requirement.
- Payment Convenience – The UnionBank card lets the cardholder pay over-the-counter at all UnionBank branches, via any UnionBank/Megalink ATM, via Automatic Debit Arrangement from the cardholder’s UnionBank Savings or Current account. Cardholders can also pay their bills online at the UnionBank website.
Besides the ones explained, a few other benefits of the UnionBank Ateneo Alumni Association Visa Card are:
- Auto-insurance Installment Plan
- Credit Life Insurance
- Unlimited Number of Supplementary Card
- Cash Advance Facility
- Supplementary Card Privileges
- 24x7 Customer Service
- Email Statement of Account
- Account Access
With the AAA VISA, cardholders have the opportunity to fund AAA programs. It happens every time the cardholder dines at a restaurant, travels for business or pleasure, shops for groceries, or even gets their car tuned up.
The UnionBank automatically donates 50% of the card’s annual renewal fee, 5% of all retail spending and 1.0% of the interest on the total outstanding balance.
For every P1,000 spent with AAA Visa card, P5 goes to the AAA’s many services and initiatives for building the Ateneo community stronger.
Credit Life Insurance (U-Protect/U-Secure): Pays the outstanding balance on Ateneo Alumni Association Visa Card in an event of untimely death or disability of the cardholder.
- Pays minimum monthly payment of 5% of the outstanding balance or P500, whichever is higher, while the cardholder is temporarily disabled.
- Pays outstanding card balance up to P400,000 for death due to illness or accident.
- Pays outstanding card balance up to P400,000 for total permanent disability.
- Free for the first 3 months.
- P0.36 (U-Protect) or P0.55 (U-Secure) charged for every P100 outstanding balance after 3 months.
- No outstanding balance equals to zero premium amount.
Supplementary cards are offered by UnionBank for a cardholder’s family and friends. A cardholder can share the benefits of their UnionBank Ateneo Alumni Association Visa Credit Card to as many people as they want, The supplementary cardholders have to be at least 14 years old.
- An Ateneo alumni.
- 18 to 60 years old.
- Gross annual income of P600,000 minimum.
- A business or residential landline phone.
- Employed/practicing a profession/owning a business for at least 1 year.
- Copy of 2 valid IDs with picture & signature along with 3 signature specimens.
- Proof of Income:
- If fixed salary earner: BIR form 2316(W-2).
- If self-employed:
- Income Tax Return form 1701 or form 1702 with BIR or bank stamp.
- Business Name Registration Certificate from the Department of Trade and Industry.
- Proof of Billing Address (only required if outside Metro Manila) – latest statement.
Fees and Charges
|Principal Card Annual Fee||P1,500.|
|Supplementary Card Annual Fee||P750.|
|Interest Charge||3.5% Monthly Effective Interest Rate (EIR) of computed on the average daily balance.|
|Late Payment Charge||6% of the minimum amount due or P500, whichever higher.|
|Cash Advance Service Fee||
|Cash Advance Interest Charge||3.5% p.m. on each cash advance from the date the advance is availed, till the date of full repayment.|
|Card Replacement Fee||P400 for each replaced card.|
|Sales Slip Retrieval Fee||P200 for each transaction slip request.|
|Returned Check Fee||P1,000 for each returned check.|
|Dispute Fee||P1000 for each invalid dispute case.|
|Refund Fee||P50 to cover the processing cost of a refund request as a result of the cardholder's overpayment.|
|Pre-Termination Fee||P500 or 5% of the remaining principal balance, whichever higher.|
|Foreign Currency Transaction Service Fee||
How to apply for Union Bank Ateneo Alumni Association Visa Card
An Ateneo alumni applicant can apply for this UnionBank credit card via the following channels:
- By filling out an online form application.
- Downloading the application form from the website and faxing it to (02) 636-6256.
- Visiting the nearest UnionBank branch.
For further information regarding the application process, an applicant can call UnionBank’s Customer Service Hotline number at (02) 841-8600 or Domestic Toll Free 1-800-1888-2277.
Lost/stolen card liabilities
To report a lost/stolen credit card - In the event that a UnionBank Ateneo Alumni Association Visa Card is lost or stolen, the cardholder has to immediately report the loss to the bank by calling
- 24-hour Customer Service Center at telephone number (632) 8418600 if in Metro Manila
- Domestic Toll Free number 1-800-1888-2277 outside Metro Manila.
- Universal Toll Free number IAC+800-8277-2273 (USA, Spain, Netherlands, Malaysia, Singapore, Korea-Koreatel, Switzerland, Israel, Australia, Japan, Koreal-onse,) outside Philippines.
Lost/stolen card liabilities - The Lost Card Protection feature frees the cardholder from any financial liability in case the card is used for fraudulent purposes. The protection, however, is applicable only from the time the loss was reported to the Bank. UnionBank charges a Lost Card Replacement Fee of P400 towards processing fee of the replacement card.
- Union Bank Miles Platinum Visa Card
- Union Bank Cebu Parklane International Hotel Visa Card
- Union Bank Platinum Visa Card
- Union Bank Classic Visa Card
- Union Bank Gold Visa Card
- Union Bank Platinum Mastercard
- Union Bank Corporate Visa Card
- Union Bank Suy Sing Visa Card
- Union Bank Burgoo Visa Card
- Union Bank Shop & Talk Visa Card
- Union Bank The North Face Visa Card
- Union Bank Home Depot Visa Card
- Union Bank Riviera Golf Club Visa Card
- Union Bank Racks Visa Card
- Union Bank Insular Life Visa Card
- Union Bank Bai Visa Card
- Union Bank Great Treats And Rewards Visa Card
- Union Bank Phoenix Petroleum Visa Card
- Union Bank Mapfre Insular Visa Card
- Union Bank Enderun Colleges Visa Card
- Union Bank Lourdes School Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Philippine Medical Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Don Bosco Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank De La Salle College Of Saint Benilde Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Silliman University Visa Card
- Union Bank Southwestern University Alumni Foundation Visa Card
- Union Bank People Management Association Of The Philippines Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of The Philippines Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Centro Escolar University Alumni Foundation Visa Card
- Union Bank Ateneo Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Alpha Phi Omega Visa Card
- Union Bank San Beda College Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Adamson University Visa Card
- Union Bank Philippine Academy Of Ophthalmology Visa Card
- Union Bank De La Salle Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank St. Paul College Pasig Visa Card
- Union Bank Colegio De San Juan De Letran Visa Card
- Union Bank Sacred Heart School Ateneo De Cebu Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Assumption Alumnae Association Visa Card
- Union Bank St. Theresa's Alumnae Association Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of Santo Tomas Visa Card
- Union Bank La Salle Greenhills Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of The East Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Couples For Christ Foundation For Family And Life Visa Card
- Union Bank World Wide Fund Visa Card
- Union Bank Red Cross Visa Card
- Union Bank Haribon Foundation Visa Card