UnionBank is one of the top banks in Philippines and offers an array of financial products including personal loans, credit cards, home loans, car loans, and investment products to its customers. The bank has several branches in Philippines and is particularly known for its credit card offerings.
The UnionBank Don Bosco Alumni Association Visa Card is a card specifically designed for the Don Bosco Alumni in Philippines and offers a host of benefits and privileges. UnionBank donates 50% of the annual fee on the card and 0.5% of all retail transactions to the Don Bosco Alumni Association. Let us look at some prominent features, benefits and fee details of the UnionBank Don Bosco Alumni Association Visa Card.
Features and Benefits
- Low Annual Fee and convenient payment options
- The card comes with a low annual fee of P1,500. Customers can also pay their monthly credit card bills conveniently through online internet banking, at ATMs and by visiting any of the bank’s retail banking branches.
- Excellent discounts on a wide range of purchases
- Members of the UnionBank Don Bosco Alumni Association Visa Card can enjoy exciting periodic discounts on dining, online and offline shopping, and entertainment.
- Instalment payments
- Customers can convert their purchases into easy monthly instalments by contacting the bank. Repayment periods can range from 3 months to 36 months.
- Supplementary cards
- Customers can opt for as many supplementary cards as they want. The monthly statement for the supplementary card is included in the monthly statement of the primary card.
- Cash advance facility
- Customers can enjoy UnionBank’s cash advance facility – the bank gives customers the provision of withdrawing money from ATMs in times of emergency. Cash withdrawals will attract an interest charge and cash advance handling fees.
- 24/7 Assistance
- Customers can contact the bank’s customer service 24/7 and get any queries or concerns resolved.
Every P35 spent using the card will earn the customer 1 reward point. Reward points can be redeemed for discount vouchers and other offers in the rewards catalogue.
The card’s credit life insurance option gives a customer an insurance cover of up to P400,000. The benefit is extended to the customer’s family in the event of the customer’s permanent disability or demise.
- The applicant has to be minimum of 18 years old.
- The applicant must earn a minimum of P600,000 p.a.
- All documents need to be authentic and information in the documents need to be accurate.
- Identity proof (any identity document recognised by the government)
- Latest computerized payslips
- Bank statement for the last 3 months
- Copy of Income Tax Return Filings
- Passport, employment letter, valid Employment permit and Visa (in case of foreigners)
Fee and Charges
|Primary card annual fee||P1,500 p.a. (Annual fee waived for the first year)|
|Cash advance||30% limit|
|Cash Advance Monthly Effective Interest Rate||2.9%|
|Cash Advance fee||3% of the amount withdrawn or PHP500, whichever is higher.|
|Finance Charge||3.50% p.a.|
Card Security Feature
UnionBank credit cards come with authentication PINs and passwords that need to be entered in order to complete a transaction. The feature is applicable to both online transactions and offline transactions.
Online transactions require a customer to enter his/her card details - the credit card number, expiry details and the CVV number. Once that’s done, the customer will either have to enter his/her online secure PIN to complete the transaction. Customers can also choose to receive a One-Time Password to their registered mobile number to authenticate the online transactions.
Transactions taking place at merchant terminals will require the customer to enter their PIN number to complete the transaction. This way, all transactions done using the credit card, both online and offline, are secure. As such, no transaction will come through without authentication by the customer.
How to apply for the UnionBank Don Bosco Alumni Association Visa Card
Customers can apply for the UnionBank Don Bosco Alumni Association Visa Card by visiting the official UnionBank website in Philippines and fill out the online credit card application form. The customer will also have to submit relevant documents to the bank. An executive from UnionBank will subsequently get in touch with the customer and obtain further details if necessary and verify the customer’s identity. Once the bank approves the application, the credit card will reach the customer’s mailing address in about 7 working days.
Reporting Loss/Stolen Credit Cards
If you want to report a lost/stolen credit card, you can contact the Bank’s Customer Service Center and inform the bank about the loss/theft of your credit card. You will be required to provide information on the most recent transactions performed using your card and your card details including your card number and validity. A penalty will be levied in case of lost/stolen credit cards. The bank will immediately disable your card, preventing any further transactions from taking place on your credit card.
- Union Bank Miles Platinum Visa Card
- Union Bank Cebu Parklane International Hotel Visa Card
- Union Bank Platinum Visa Card
- Union Bank Classic Visa Card
- Union Bank Gold Visa Card
- Union Bank Platinum Mastercard
- Union Bank Corporate Visa Card
- Union Bank Suy Sing Visa Card
- Union Bank Burgoo Visa Card
- Union Bank Shop & Talk Visa Card
- Union Bank The North Face Visa Card
- Union Bank Home Depot Visa Card
- Union Bank Riviera Golf Club Visa Card
- Union Bank Racks Visa Card
- Union Bank Insular Life Visa Card
- Union Bank Bai Visa Card
- Union Bank Great Treats And Rewards Visa Card
- Union Bank Phoenix Petroleum Visa Card
- Union Bank Mapfre Insular Visa Card
- Union Bank Enderun Colleges Visa Card
- Union Bank Lourdes School Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Philippine Medical Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Don Bosco Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank De La Salle College Of Saint Benilde Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Silliman University Visa Card
- Union Bank Southwestern University Alumni Foundation Visa Card
- Union Bank People Management Association Of The Philippines Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of The Philippines Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Centro Escolar University Alumni Foundation Visa Card
- Union Bank Ateneo Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Alpha Phi Omega Visa Card
- Union Bank San Beda College Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Adamson University Visa Card
- Union Bank Philippine Academy Of Ophthalmology Visa Card
- Union Bank De La Salle Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank St. Paul College Pasig Visa Card
- Union Bank Colegio De San Juan De Letran Visa Card
- Union Bank Sacred Heart School Ateneo De Cebu Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Assumption Alumnae Association Visa Card
- Union Bank St. Theresa's Alumnae Association Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of Santo Tomas Visa Card
- Union Bank La Salle Greenhills Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank University Of The East Alumni Association Visa Card
- Union Bank Couples For Christ Foundation For Family And Life Visa Card
- Union Bank World Wide Fund Visa Card
- Union Bank Red Cross Visa Card
- Union Bank Haribon Foundation Visa Card